Bills D not getting respect they deserve ? IMO - Top 5 D?

San-O

Good morning Bills fans!

I was listening to 620 am WDAE out of Tampa Bay I believe (I'm in So.Cal) and the taking head they had on was explaining the Bills

D taking on Green Bay and A Rodgers, and begrudgingly said the Bills were a top 10, but didn't really seem to even want to say that.

Mostly receivers had a record high 7 drops and wasn't really that much of the Bills pass D. They just rushed 4 and dropped everyone else into coverage. Made it sound like everyone could simply do that and even said that defensive performance against Rodgers was an anomaly. :huh:

I don't recall the mans name, however wondered if anyone else heard that (MyHeartRadio) and had the same thoughts as me.

Basically, this D ranks per below:

1st INTS

1st Sacks

4th yards/game

4th yards/play

How is this not a top 5 D, and the performance against Denver was similar I think re: passing D.

Go Bills!!!

the Bills D has gotten so much respect, esp these past 2 weeks, it has me worried they will become complacent!

They sure have. Even this morning on espn, the boys were pumping them up, saying a blueprint for Rogers has been created by Buffalo. Yesterday Rodney Harrison had nothing but positive comments about the D, and praised Marrone saying he's doing an excellent job.

the Bills D has gotten so much respect, esp these past 2 weeks, it has me worried they will become complacent!

Cool. I just haven't been hearing much. I had heard the "rush 4 and drop everyone else into coverage" bit. Can't be THAT simple. They have been giving up a lot of run yards though.

most of that is when they rotate to the 2nd string DL.

I had been hearing that some on the board, during games even.

One point nobody can argue: if this team has even a competent O, this is a playoff team.

I think they're a top 5 D, or close to it, anyway. The problem is, they're just a 'very good' defense, not a dominant one. Every now and then, they're going to have a bad game, even against offenses like Oakland's where it shouldn't happen. But they're still the reason why this team was even in the running at this point in December.