1. 1. Who would you rather have?

• Khalil Mack
    • Sammy Watkins
    • Neither. Should have kept our picks.

hindsight 20/20 I'd go:

Rd1 Beckham

Rd2 Borland

Keep our 2015 picks

Borland I get would have been drafted a round higher than projected. But still scratching my head how they valued Watkins at 8 places higher + 2015 1st and 4th better than Beckham

Edited by JTSP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are looking back at draft time, we did not know Bradham was about to have a breakout year. If the management didn't feel the need for upgrades at LB, why did they sign Spikes and sign Rivers after Kiko went down? And why did they spend the higher draft pick on Brown. Management felt a real need to get not one, but 3 new linebackers. I would not say getting 3 new linebackers is "not needing anymore linebackers".

You may say we needed offensive weapons, but remember that after we drafted Sammy we traded Stevie. And we might have drafted Ebron instead. They thought he was going to be an offensive weapon. They also could have drafted another WR later. I can think of at least 3 other WRs drafted after Sammy that so far have been more effective than Sammy this year. And if we had not traded up, we could have had a 1st round this year to use on a QB prospect to develope for the future.

What i should have meant was that i feel that the higher round draft talent was better spent on offensive weapons. Not trying to say ignore the defensive side of the ball. Defense has more salary and talent invested so work on offense. Now, in hindsight we may have gotten similar production out of other offensive pics, but... Hindsight man.

hindsight 20/20 I'd go:

Rd1 Beckham

Rd2 Borland

Keep our 2015 picks

Borland I get would have been drafted a round higher than projected. But still scratching my head how they valued Watkins at 8 places higher + 2015 1st and 4th better than Beckham

Borland is not a good fit for the MLB role in Schwartz's scheme, size wise. a good player but much better fit in SF.

But still scratching my head how they valued Watkins at 8 places higher + 2015 1st and 4th better than Beckham

Watch the Clemson games like the scouts did and it's really not a head scratcher at all. In hindsight ODB is a monster but I will never naysay the watkins trade at all.

I screamed like a girl when we picked him. He will pay monster dividends for years to come.

Watch the Clemson games like the scouts did and it's really not a head scratcher at all. In hindsight ODB is a monster but I will never naysay the watkins trade at all.

I screamed like a girl when we picked him. He will pay monster dividends for years to come.

yep, obj doesn't have size or elite top end speed/acceleration after catch. Smaller and slower but still really good and impressive athlete, I think he was drafted appropriately in the teens. Edited by YoloinOhio

Watch the Clemson games like the scouts did and it's really not a head scratcher at all. In hindsight ODB is a monster but I will never naysay the watkins trade at all. I screamed like a girl when we picked him. He will pay monster dividends for years to come.

Your posts read like a screaming fangirl, so not surprised.

Your posts read like a screaming fangirl, so not surprised.

Unlike yourself, I actually know about the subject at hand. Sammy was an all world stud in college. He is playing great through injury presently.

Yes I'm a "fangirl" because we traded up for a huge talent I like and support ? Lame just like your backfiring poll.

We need more linebackers though huh ? Defense definetly needs a boost.

Pehaps David Nelson will come back to help the pu pu platter of wideouts you propose.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Sammy's been a solid rookie receiver, but has hardly delivered on Whaley's "generational player" promise or price tag. I felt from the beginning Mack was the true must-have impact player, and he's been all that and more. He's widely considered to be not only the best rookie, but already the best 4-3 LB in the game. Not bashing Sammy, but Mack would have made this defense impenetrable. Maybe Seattle level impenetrable.

Raiders' Khalil Mack almost was a Buffalo Bill: http://www.mercuryne...source=infinite

considering how well Odell Beckham is playing we should have kept our pick but who knew and I really like Sammy and feel he will be elite so I'm glad we have him.

Khalil Mack would have been awesome to watch defending Gronkowski twice a year. But our needs last offseason were clearly on offense

Still are

So, uhh...anyone care to change their vote?

I'm guessing you...

Certainly not me, and I hope not anyone else that watched the game.

In fact, I'm even more convinced now than I was before.

Can I vote for Sammy again?

More "idiots":

Alan Pergament@StillTalkinTV

It looks like Bills should have taken Mack instead of Watkins after moving up in draft

Jerry Sullivan@TBNSully

If they redrafted today, I think Mack might go first overall.

Anyone quoting Jerry Sullivan to prove their point loses on basic principle

:lol:

I'm guessing you...

Certainly not me, and I hope not anyone else that watched the game.

In fact, I'm even more convinced now than I was before.

Can I vote for Sammy again?

Anyone quoting Jerry Sullivan to prove their point loses on basic principle

:lol:

Thank you for common sense and a fully functioning frontal lobe. :beer:

More "idiots":

Alan Pergament@StillTalkinTV

It looks like Bills should have taken Mack instead of Watkins after moving up in draft

Jerry Sullivan@TBNSully

If they redrafted today, I think Mack might go first overall.

He might, but so might beckham and Carr . IMO they were top 3. Kudos to raiders for snagging 2 of them

I spend way too much time privately laughing at the expense of some folks on this board. My apologies...I know it's kinda mean. I'll make a new year's resolution to be less smug...though I doubt it'll last long. lol

BTW, Mack is beast. Seeing him dominate this game while we were gashed left and right...I mean really. There isn't any debate on who is the more dominant rookie outside Message Board Bubble. Mack is the rookie of the year, and the best player in the league at his position. He must be game planned above any other defender. I'll take him over two Sammy's to be honest.

I spend way too much time privately laughing at the expense of some folks on this board. My apologies...I know it's kinda mean. I'll make a new year's resolution to be less smug...though I doubt it'll last long. lol

BTW, Mack is beast. Seeing him dominate this game while we were gashed left and right...I mean really. There isn't any debate on who is the more dominant rookie outside Message Board Bubble. Mack is the rookie of the year, and the best player in the league at his position. He must be game planned above any other defender. I'll take him over two Sammy's to be honest.

He is not the best LB in the league.