Deconstructing Marrone: Hackett Not To Blame

Didn't the Cardinals win a few games with Drew Stanton and Ryan Lindley? We don't even need the OC to make the offense look good, or the QB to play good. We need them to just look decent.

They also won with Carson Palmer who nobody would touch after his stint with the raiders.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why are they ranked worse?

Because they're doing it with smoke and mirrors and third and fourth string QBs.

True, the Bills are doing it with 4th string caliber QBs as well (ZING!), but they also have more talent on the offensive side of the ball than the Cards. They also don't have to play Seattle and St. Louis twice a year (both great defenses). Still, I'd take the Cards' 11 wins and BA in a heartbeat.

Because they have worse QBing, worse RB, and worse WR?

Talent level matters? Are you sure? Aren't they worse this year? Offensive players are regressing. Smells of poor coaching.

Because they're doing it with smoke and mirrors and third and fourth string QBs.

True, the Bills are doing it with 4th string caliber QBs as well (ZING!), but they also have more talent on the offensive side of the ball than the Cards. They also don't have to play Seattle and St. Louis twice a year (both great defenses). Still, I'd take the Cards' 11 wins and BA in a heartbeat.

Same. But we'd probably still hear about how we're wasting a great defense with a horrible offense and our OC needs to go and Jay Cutler is available.

Edited by FireChan

Talent level matters? Are you sure?

Of course. But four basic things have to happen concurrently, all of which are essential. Players have to have talent, coaches have to have a scheme and game plan to defeat the opposition they are playing, coaches have to put the right combinations of players in and call the right plays, and the players have to execute those plays.

To me, we have enough talent to get the job done even if our Qbs are not top level, but the last three have been subpar. The Cards have the second one, but not 1, 3 and 4. If we had the Cards 2 and 3 instead of our 2 and 3, we would be significantly better.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Same. But we'd probably still hear about how we're wasting a great defense with a horrible offense and our OC needs to go and Jay Cutler is available.

Oh for sure. Let's face it, when the Bills win the super bowl we will still have a certain group of posters here who will complain that they didn't score enough points to truly feel good about the Lombardi. They know who they are, and their opinions are usually worthless on matters relating to the team or scheme.

That's a small but vocal section of this boards population though. IMO

I've asked these questions in other threads.

1.) How is it that both QBs have exactly the same issues?

2.) I thought Marrone's offense was no huddle, up tempo, what is this offense?

My sentiments exactly...plus at what point does the question of using the talent at hand to their effectiveness?

Also, how does a supposed "offensive" mind coach cook up a scheme to use CJ as a power back when his skill set is better suited in space or stretch type approach? What makes it worse is that you have a former OL as HC and he's unable to identify the skill set necessary to execute his power approach or a screenplay nonetheless, smh.

To be quite honest with you, I really don't think they have a clue. Hackett called a decent game in Denver so I'm not sure who's to blame...is Marrone holding him back or have they both reached their ceiling? What's obvious is that they're not very creative or intune as to how to scheme an offense to exploit a defense's mismatch, IMO.

Edited by pimp on da' net