Quarterback...

LeviF

Sitting pretty after my first-round bye, my roster for this week is almost completely set. Just want some opinions on who to start at QB (arguably my weakest position). Standard scoring league.

Tony Romo

Matt Ryan

Philip Rivers

This time around against the Eagles, Romo will have normal rest and preparation routine. Weather in Philadelphia is supposed to be cold (mid-30s) but with clear skies at game time. But then there's the December curse.

Matty Ice is in the Georgia dome this week against a middling Steelers D, and is coming off a 30+ point performance. Downside: he might be missing Julio Jones.

Rivers is at home against a crappy Denver secondary.

What say you?

I'm not in the PPP league, so you can give me real advice :D

I thought you were. My bad. There is someone on there that i don't think any of us know who they are yet

I don't trust Matt Ryan but he might be the best bet. Going against the grain to think Romo would be successful is not hard to accomplish. Clear skies do mean more likely to have wind. I don't Rivers as a fantasy QB to begin with but I think Denver will be doing everything they can to get inside of his head, despite a poor DB unit.

I might go Ryan in this matchup, play it safe. He will score some TD's. The rest are more of a gamble then playing it safe and being assured that Ryan will get 2 TD's.

I wish I had your choice thats for sure. In another league I've gone with Kaepernick as my qb but him and the Niners have regressed so much and with them facing Seattle this weekend he is no beuno for the semi's.

Here are my dollar store options. Colt, Orton, Anderson, McCowen, Bortles, Bridgewater, Locker and the great Geno Smith. Orton maybe? Kind of a bit of a shoot out with the pack?

Tell me which one so I have someone to blame when it goes bad :thumbsup:

Edited by Dante

Here are my dollar store options. Colt, Orton, Anderson, McCowen, Bortles, Bridgewater, Locker and the great Geno Smith. Orton maybe? Kind of a bit of a shoot out with the pack?

Tell me which one so I have someone to blame when it goes bad :thumbsup:

you can blame me! D Anderson, no doubt. Had a very good week 1 and has looked good in mop up time (although he hasn't played in a while), plus they are playing Tampa and are in the playoff hunt...

Edited by ricojes

Dante, I serioiusly would go with Orton. I think he is just as likely to put up numbers as any of your other options...and lets face it, the Bills could very likely be playing catch up...seems like the Packers are bent on scoring 31 pts in the first half of every game, as of late.

Dante, I serioiusly would go with Orton. I think he is just as likely to put up numbers as any of your other options...and lets face it, the Bills could very likely be playing catch up...seems like the Packers are bent on scoring 31 pts in the first half of every game, as of late.

It's between Orton and Anderson. I kinda like Anderson because of the matchup. I like Orton for the matchup as well. He is going to have to through because no doubt, like you say Buftex, the Packers are going to be ahead. Tough choice. I'm in 3 semi finals and none are easy.

My vote is for Orton as well, Dante.

I'll go with Ryan. It was where my gut was.

Good luck. I don't see how Ryan can hurt you. HIs upside is definitely going to be effected if Jones is a no go but even if he's out he is good enough he isn't going to hurt you. Especially against the crap Pitt pass D.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.