Chalk one up for the good guy's

erynthered

I just gave you my opinion. My opinion is you don't know sh-- about world events and shouldn't comment on them as though you do. If you would say something beyond "Oh look, we let Iraq vote. Fantastic." then quite possibly a conversation could ensue. But unfortunately in matters political you pull a BF by making some outrageous comment, and then not backing it up, and then yelling at people because THEY won't back up your crazyass statements.

Tell me, oh wise one, exactly why you see no value in a free Iraq. Only then can I argue the counterpoint.

226572[/snapback]

post #805 where LABillzfan has made fun of my statements without giving any of his "knowledge" or opinions. Just simple "you dont know sh--" or "you're a moron"...

did you see what KRC did? He gave his opinion and even tossed in some possible facts. It was nice.

But, I will awais post #806 of "you're a moron". Many don't agree with what I say, but at least I give an opinion and not just "LA, your opinion is stupid".

Please, I'd love to hear your opinion on the war... and "you're a moron" isnt an opinion on the war, as much as your pea brain would like to think so.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Bill. I started this thread because of the idiots who said they hated cops in another thread. And it pissed me off. They complain all the way up until they need a cop.

Thank you for you service :(

226552[/snapback]

The above makes your posting even more special.

In the other thread, I stated that it is a tough life. It is hard for many to grasp, but the best cops and detectives I have ever seen are far more afraid of Internal Affairs witch hunts and their wives than gun-toting killers. I am not joking.

The good news is that my family is in one piece. I have an Ivy League daughter who is "fighting the fight," and two younger ones who are doing great in school, and are great people.

I still maintain that YOU and others like you are the true heros of society. I am in a position where I am in contact with many young police officers, and I am going to tell them of your support and kindness.

Thanks again.

Thanks. Well, there are a lot of other people on this board who know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than me, but they are dismissed. It gets quite irritating seeing their POV's dismissed by the (yes tater, I am going to say it) Hot Pockets crowd who do not want to take the opportunity to just shut up for a minute and listen to what is being said and listen with an open mind. I have learned a HELL of a lot from these people, and they are drowned out by people whose only knowledge is what is spoon-fed to them by the mainstream media or politicians.

226575[/snapback]

I'll admit, the news I get is from the newspaper, the big .com's (CNN, MSNBC), and TV News. Possibly not the best, but I don't know what other sources are legitimate, and not simply political one-sidedness.

However, i don't see any point in "listening to others" when they don't give you any knowledge or even opinion, but instead just tell you how wrong you are, or how stupid your thoughts are. I enjoy listening to you argue, becuase you keep a cool head, and actually list your thoughts, no "steve, your opinion sucks, so i don't have to give mine"...

post #805 where LABillzfan has made fun of my statements without giving any of his "knowledge" or opinions. Just simple "you dont know sh--" or "you're a moron"...

did you see what KRC did? He gave his opinion and even tossed in some possible facts. It was nice.

But, I will awais post #806 of "you're a moron". Many don't agree with what I say, but at least I give an opinion and not just "LA, your opinion is stupid".

Please, I'd love to hear your opinion on the war... and "you're a moron" isnt an opinion on the war, as much as your pea brain would like to think so.

226577[/snapback]

Once again...in crayolas...I am asking...nicely...for reasoning behind your thinking. You minimalize a free Iraq. WHY? Instead of playing online pattycake, give me a reason why you think that way. Can you do that? It's impossible for me to argue your point if you NEVER make a point and just give opinion.

Once again...in crayolas...I am asking...nicely...for reasoning behind your thinking. You minimalize a free Iraq. WHY? Instead of playing online pattycake, give me a reason why you think that way. Can you do that? It's impossible for me to argue your point if you NEVER make a point and just give opinion.

226583[/snapback]

My reasoning is that this is like any "advance" towards peace in the middle east. How many times (even within my lifetime) have their been situations where two leaders have met to shake hands, to sign treaties, or to declare a march towards peace. This election seems like it was rushed, and should have been held off until Iraq was ready to actually be any where near governing itself. Right now, they had an election. Why? They have no true set governement. If they did, we could leave. But are we? No. Basically, the "election" seems like something done so they can have a mini moral victory.

My trouble with this. The amount of soldiers who died, when this "election" wasn't even the reason we went in in the first place.

I simply feel we are being lied to again, as if we are to believe this election will lead to peace. I just can't wait to see the hell Iraq turns back into once we leave.

My reasoning is that this is like any "advance" towards peace in the middle east.  How many times (even within my lifetime) have their been situations where two leaders have met to shake hands, to sign treaties, or to declare a march towards peace.  This election seems like it was rushed, and should have been held off until Iraq was ready to actually be any where near governing itself. Right now, they had an election. Why? They have no true set governement. If they did, we could leave. But are we? No. Basically, the "election" seems like something done so they can have a mini moral victory.

My trouble with this. The amount of soldiers who died, when this "election" wasn't even the reason we went in in the first place.

I simply feel we are being lied to again, as if we are to believe this election will lead to peace.  I just can't wait to see the hell Iraq turns back into once we leave.

226594[/snapback]

The election was to create an interim government who will be responsible for forming the type of government Iraq will operate under in the future. They are also responsible for writing the new constitution. THAT is why this election was important. You cannot have the government you suggested (the requirement for the US leaving) without this interim step.

The election was to create an interim government who will be responsible for forming the type of government Iraq will operate under in the future. They are also responsible for writing the new constitution. THAT is why this election was important. You cannot have the government you suggested (the requirement for the US leaving) without this interim step.

226602[/snapback]

Additionally, you can not have that interim step until you set a date and make it happen. You can wait if you want, but to a small extent it's like buying a house or having a baby. There is no such thing as 'the perfect time to do it.' Successful people make decisions, set deadlines, and forge ahead in the face of any adversity.

They may not have been elections held the way we would have liked them to be run, but the reality is that we helped free a country being run by a man who murdered millions of his own people, in addition to thumbing his nose at the world in the process. Did you miss the piles of bodies? The torture chambers? This was a bad dude doing bad things and we helped millions of people see a day they never thought they'd see. And I will add that what we did was not put two people at a table and make them shake hands. Quite the opposite. And now Hussein is gone.

I will completely agree that the reasoning was faulty, but to place the fault for that reasoning squarely on the president is being very short-sighted and, yes, tends to reek of CNN soundbites. The president wasn't wrong. The information was wrong...so far. But to understand why the information was wrong is to go deeper into the previous administration's handling of the intelligence community to see where the errors were made.

What we accomplished this weekend was something no other country could help another country accomplish. How many millions voted? Over a quarter million voted in the US alone. That was a incredible, proud event...for Iraq, the US and the world...which is why I did not appreciate how quickly you minimalized it.

I'll admit, the news I get is from the newspaper, the big .com's (CNN, MSNBC), and TV News. Possibly not the best, but I don't know what other sources are legitimate, and not simply political one-sidedness. 

However, i don't see any point in "listening to others" when they don't give you any knowledge or even opinion, but instead just tell you how wrong you are, or how stupid your thoughts are.  I enjoy listening to you argue, becuase you keep a cool head, and actually list your thoughts, no "steve, your opinion sucks, so i don't have to give mine"...

226582[/snapback]

Pick one