Can Kyle Orton Be Like Andy Dalton?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You win Kelly. Even though Dalton is statistically better, been to the playoffs ever year if his career while Orton has gone once, & is younger, Orton is the better qb. Makes sense. :)

I was specifically responding to your points. Dalton has decent stats and production and he has always played with one of the 2-3 best wideouts in the game. It's a LOT of people's opinions, not mine, that his stats and success are a direct result of it. And that he is, in reality, a mediocre talent.

Personally I never ever wanted him as my QB. Before and after he was drafted. And before and after his playoff success. Said it 100 times here. You can't win it all with guys like that. You can't be great with a rag arm. I don't want a guy I don't think I can win with.

I know Dalton is not good enough. He has had the tools and to me he has shown his limitations. Orton has not shown that yet.

I do think that Dalton has had a better career than Orton. But if I had to chose I would want Orton. I know Dalton is limited. I only think strongly that Orton is. He's never had the chances that Dalton has.

I was specifically responding to your points. Dalton has decent stats and production and he has always played with one of the 2-3 best wideouts in the game. It's a LOT of people's opinions, not mine, that his stats and success are a direct result of it. And that he is, in reality, a mediocre talent.

Personally I never ever wanted him as my QB. Before and after he was drafted. And before and after his playoff success. Said it 100 times here. You can't win it all with guys like that. You can't be great with a rag arm. I don't want a guy I don't think I can win with.

I know Dalton is not good enough. He has had the tools and to me he has shown his limitations. Orton has not shown that yet.

I do think that Dalton has had a better career than Orton. But if I had to chose I would want Orton. I know Dalton is limited. I only think strongly that Orton is. He's never had the chances that Dalton has.

Fair enough and I disagree. Orton has had 10 years. He is very limited. He struggles to score tds. He played with D. Thomas and Eric Decker in Denver. I think if he wasn't a Bill, we won't even have this conversation. Orton should be a backup qb.