I've Got a Rope...Where's Buddy

rfk

Guys, guys relax please.

The last 14 years the Buffalo were a travesty of a team since the owner fired John Butler, while also letting AJ Smith leave at the same time. He created his own mess, and fans were helpless but to watch the years of ineptitude that followed.

Ex Bills GM / president Tom Donahoe was fired at Pittsburgh after losing a power struggle with HC Bill Cowher, and this owner hires him and promotes him to president. :doh:

Marv levy is a HOF HC, and not a real realistic GM, and after Marv retired as GM then Russ Brandon took over as de facto GM, and let Jauron help run things :doh:

The team after Jauron decided they wanted a GM, just not a real GM so they hired a 70 year old retired chief scout and made him GM :doh:

Then as his first move that retired chief scout hired a head coach that was previously fired as a coordinator, and he brings a bunch of college puke assistants with him :doh:

Then that GM allowed the HC who shouldn't have been hired in the first place hitched his wagon to a career backup QB for three years instead of drafting a franchise QB :doh:

When that all went south the Bills hired a mediocre HC from Russ Brandon's Alma Mater who's best record was 4th in his division with an 8-5 record, and he brings a bunch of college pukes with him :doh:

Seriously, what can anyone expect when the team keeps hiring turkeys that should have never been hired in the first place. Its not really anyone's fault as everyone tried their best, its just you can't rationally expect a garbage men to successfully perform brain surgery. I mean perhaps they could if allowed 10 years of schooling / training.

The Pegula's didn't become multi billionaires by hiring the wrong people to help run their businesses. New ownership means we are in store for so much change. Think 30 years ago to 1984, and Bill Polian. Yea, that much impact! :worthy:

Buddy Nix is the current goat and perp imho...arrogantly picking the Bills franchise QB before retiring...yes your work is done here...

The Pegulas will do squat next year. just observe like good business folks .....Fitz or a reasonable facsimile will be back at QB after EJ ***** the bed again

I did not know that Buddy was into bondage.

Obviously he is into masochism

Buddy Nix is the current goat and perp imho...arrogantly picking the Bills franchise QB before retiring...yes your work is done here...

The Pegulas will do squat next year. just observe like good business folks .....Fitz or a reasonable facsimile will be back at QB after EJ ***** the bed again

Its getting less and less entertaining....but I cant seem to look away. Like a car wreck

If you have been patiently waiting the last 14 years like I have, then waiting another few months isn't so bad. Just know better days are on the way.

Guys, guys relax please.

The last 14 years the Buffalo were a travesty of a team since the owner fired John Butler, while also letting AJ Smith leave at the same time. He created his own mess, and fans were helpless but to watch the years of ineptitude that followed.

Ex Bills GM / president Tom Donahoe was fired at Pittsburgh after losing a power struggle with HC Bill Cowher, and this owner hires him and promotes him to president. :doh:

Marv levy is a HOF HC, and not a real realistic GM, and after Marv retired as GM then Russ Brandon took over as de facto GM, and let Jauron help run things :doh:

The team after Jauron decided they wanted a GM, just not a real GM so they hired a 70 year old retired chief scout and made him GM :doh:

Then as his first move that retired chief scout hired a head coach that was previously fired as a coordinator, and he brings a bunch of college puke assistants with him :doh:

Then that GM allowed the HC who shouldn't have been hired in the first place hitched his wagon to a career backup QB for three years instead of drafting a franchise QB :doh:

When that all went south the Bills hired a mediocre HC from Russ Brandon's Alma Mater who's best record was 4th in his division with an 8-5 record, and he brings a bunch of college pukes with him :doh:

Seriously, what can anyone expect when the team keeps hiring turkeys that should have never been hired in the first place. Its not really anyone's fault as everyone tried their best, its just you can't rationally expect a garbage men to successfully perform brain surgery. I mean perhaps they could if allowed 10 years of schooling / training.

The Pegula's didn't become multi billionaires by hiring the wrong people to help run their businesses. New ownership means we are in store for so much change. Think 30 years ago to 1984, and Bill Polian. Yea, that much impact! :worthy:

Very well said. It might take some time, but, the root of the problem is fixed....it needs to be built from the top down. And, it might not take too much time because we have some good pieces in different spots.

Edited by Manther

Very well said. It might take some time, but, the root of the problem is fixed....it needs to be built from the top down. And, it might not take too much time because we have some good pieces in different spots.

This post is EXACTLY the reason this team has sucked for the past 15 years!

AHHHHHH..The Pegula's made their wealth in Oil and Gas Leases.a complicated business for sure but..Fracky Frac is not the NFL. There is no assurance that they will choose/keep a winning management or the management will guess right. when it comes to players coaches etc. or that any quality free agents will want to play here (the snow being a case in point) .I predict next year will be much the same as this year..One doesn't buy a company for a billion frac bucks and dismantle the management...time is taken to observe the pieces in action then the hammer comes down.

I'm not sure if the Hoodie and Polian or whoever can ever turn this ship around...

We the Cubbies of the NFL! The mediocre,, the middlin, those of a losing mindset...

Guys, guys relax please.

To be fair Butler may have been on his way out the door anyway. The reason Butler was fired was he was not sure if he wanted to return the way Wilson meddled with the team. And AJ Smith never really proved to be a great GM . That said, Wilson should have done what ever it took to keep Butler on board giving him the title of president instead of doing that with Donahoe.

To be fair Butler may have been on his way out the door anyway. The reason Butler was fired was he was not sure if he wanted to return the way Wilson meddled with the team. And AJ Smith never really proved to be a great GM . That said, Wilson should have done what ever it took to keep Butler on board giving him the title of president instead of doing that with Donahoe.

Yep, Wilson's words. If I can't hire you, then I'll fire you"

Wilson thought he had made a decent offer to Butler, and in fact wasn't even close. Butler already had his bags packed for San Diego, but a better offer would have kept him in Buffalo. The late owner firing Polian, firing Butler, and micromanaging the team as president the last 14 years. No reputable HC wanted to be on the phone for hours a day during the season like Jauron reported was. He was his own worst enemy.

AHHHHHH..The Pegula's made their wealth in Oil and Gas Leases.a complicated business for sure but..Fracky Frac is not the NFL. There is no assurance that they will choose/keep a winning management or the management will guess right. when it comes to players coaches etc. or that any quality free agents will want to play here (the snow being a case in point) .I predict next year will be much the same as this year..One doesn't buy a company for a billion frac bucks and dismantle the management...time is taken to observe the pieces in action then the hammer comes down.

I'm not sure if the Hoodie and Polian or whoever can ever turn this ship around...

We the Cubbies of the NFL! The mediocre,, the middlin, those of a losing mindset...

Clearly you haven't really read anything about these new owners.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/9/9/6126283/kim-terry-pegula-buffalo-bills-owners-sale-bio

http://prod.static.bills.clubs.nfl.com/assets/pdf/Pegula_Terry.pdf

These new owners have stated they want to win, and won't spare any expense in that process. Sorry, nobody is going to hold anyone's hand through this season. You just need to have faith that these new owners have multiple successful businesses, and know enough to hire intelligent people to work for them.

I can only think that out of respect for the current president Russ Brandon who has been preaching continuity that there will be no coaching, administrative changes made this season. However, should the Bills keep fielding one of the very worst offensives in the NFL that changes should be made after the season.

Kim Pegula has already been named CEO of the team, thus demoting Russ Brandon to president. Which in itself is a positive step towards creating positive separation from the football side, and the business side, as Whaley will no longer report to Brandon. Instead he will report to Kim Pegula. It has already been stated that the Pegula's will hire a football knowledgeable senior adviser http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24749471/accorsi-holmgren-wolf-candidates-to-help-bills-ownership-transition

I would expect that soon after this process we will see a new president of football operations, and he will be in charge of the entire football side. Kim Pegula is the CEO, and will be in charge of the business side.

If you can't see all this as positive change from the last 14 years, then I don't know what else to say...expect have some faith.

Buddy made bad decisions that reverberate now.

and the Pegula's for all the hype aren't likely to make good ones..the Patriots won't miss a beat when Brady retires and so it goes.

much of it is luck and perhaps the Bills are due some good Karma

Still the new Statdium should be called Wrigley II

Sheeesh! I didn't realize all hope was lost for the Bills! I actually thought with the new owners and the highly likely possibility that they bring in a football person to review the situation that we had a chance of getting better. I'm going outside to shovel snow even though I don't have any. :wallbash: