(OT) Lite Beer - Do You Drink It ?

Mark VI

Lite Beer - Do You DrinkLike It ?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Lite Beer - Do You DrinkLike It ?

• YES - It's actually quite good and less filling.
    • SOMETIMES - I'm watching carbs and calories
    • NEVER - Why drink horrid tap water calling itself Beer ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a collwege student living in Buffalo/Rochester back in the '70's,and '80's,Genny beer was everywhere and It was a staple at college frat parties.I hated Genessee beer.I always called Genny kegs 'hangover in a drum'

The worst beer of all time in my opinion?

Piels Lite.

Checkout this website:

http://www.beerpal.com/

225845[/snapback]

I hated Genny, especially Genny Scream Ale. Some of my friends would drink it exclusively. They would try and order a pitcher and I'd get pissed. Just horrid. Most bars in Buffalo had the Beer and Cream Ale on tap in the '70's and '80's. It enjoyed enormous popularity in WNY, during that era. ( Bleeeeech )

I drink Michelob Ultra almost exclusively and it's acceptable. Mostly I like that I can have 4-5 after a game and not feel like falling asleep or (worse) like a big fat blob. I just lost 20 pounds (down to my high school weight) and I WILL NOT GO BACK to being a fatty.

On a related note, let's hear how many of you beer snobs are seriously, hopelessly, FAT! Here's to ya chubby!

The worst beer of all time in my opinion?

Piels Lite.

225845[/snapback]

I'll nominate National Bohemian and Koch's Golden Anniversary.

One's piss. The other is Piss Light.

Note: I'm a bit of a beer snob, but I've never been known to turn down a beer when offered.

I used to walk from my apartment on Richmond/Breckenridge over the Peace Bridge to the Brewer's Retail store(The Beer Store nowadays)in Fort Erie and buy myself a case of Labatt's Velvet Cream Porter. (no longer available)I paid the grand sum of $8.00/case U.S. for a terrific brew.(This was back in the late '70's) (a case of Bud was about $11 at the time) The return trip always brought a chuckle from the Peace Bridge customs agents since I was a grungy long haired college student with a back pack full of beer who looked like he was on a camping trip.They usually let me slide on the seventy five cent duty for the case of beer..

225859[/snapback]

I used to drive over to that same store and buy Carlsburg Gold ( 6.5 %) for the same price of a case of Genny. The exchange was about 40 % then and the Candian beer was actually affordable. Today, forget it. Besides, they can now sell the strong stuff in the States .

I drink Michelob Ultra almost exclusively and it's acceptable.  Mostly I like that I can have 4-5 after a game and not feel like falling asleep or (worse) like a big fat blob.  I just lost 20 pounds (down to my high school weight) and I WILL NOT GO BACK to being a fatty.

On a related note, let's hear how many of you beer snobs are seriously, hopelessly, FAT!  Here's to ya chubby!

225854[/snapback]

You're either a smug anorexic or your high school weight was 245.

Now which is it?

:w00t:

4 of the guys I work with brew their own, and they all pick on me for drinking keystone light.

I like the stuff they brew, but when I'm buying it's all about price.

30 pack for $10.99  :w00t:  :doh:

225661[/snapback]

But if they are brewing their own they are paying probably between $20 and $30 for 2 plus cases of beer. A small price to pay for great beer.

I love beer but lots of times I like to catch a buzz when I drink. Calorites come from 4 sources- one g protein is 4 calories, one gram carbs is 4 calories, one g alcohol is 7 calories, and one g fat is 9 calories. What happens with lite beer is they cut back the alcohol and the beer is still loaded with carbs. If you drink for a buzz you will have to drink alot more light beers for the same buzz and end up taking in much more calories. Plus light beer tastes like sh--!