Which do you think is better for the draft?

Rubes

If you were TD, which would you prefer?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. If you were TD, which would you prefer?

• Two second round picks (No first rounder)
    • One first and third rounder (No second rounder)

Just wondering what folks would prefer.

If Henry could somehow (in our dreams) be traded straight up for a #2, that would give us option 1 (two second rounders, no first rounder).

Some folks are suggesting trading Henry + another pick to move up. If we package Henry with our second rounder, that might get us back into the first round and option 2 (basically, no second rounder).

I'm interested to hear what people think is the better situation, since first rounders (like everyone else) are a crapshoot, but they cost a lot. Second rounders, while also a crapshoot, cost less.

Obviously, if Henry could only be traded for a #3 at best, that wouldn't be as good as option 1, so I didn't put it down.

Realistically, with trading 2 2nd's for a 1st we would only get into the bottom of the 1st round, which IMO is not worth the 2 2nd rounders.  We need Nugent with one of those picks.  :D

225250[/snapback]

Perhaps, but I was thinking more along the lines of trading Henry plus our 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder. Henry + a #2, I would think, should interest somebody in the mid-1st round range.

I think it's more likely to happen than getting a #2 for Henry.

Player for player trades seem more possible to do than they have been for a longtime in the NFL. As the cap was being phased in and people were struggling to understand them trading bodies dropped down to nothing. Now however, as teams get better at understanding the cap, trading bodies that have similar cap situations is more possible.

Overall I would chose choice C as long as we are into the theoretical which is to dispense with the crapshoot of the draft entirely and try to get a player who can contribute immediately to the Bills in more clear ways than the uncertainties of the draft.

I would prefer to get a player of clear lower talent than Travis as long as it is clearer to me that a need will be filled by this player. Thus, i would happily trade this former pro bowler for a solid but unspectacular TE who will help us fill the gap likely to left until mid-season or next year as Campbell and Euhus recover from ACL tears.

In fact, I would opt for giving away more of our limited speculative draft picks to pry McMichael away from the Fins. Both are FAs after next season so there is some cap convergence for the two and MxMichael is a more recently productive player than TH. I'd easily give up my thrid this year (reducing us to one first day draft pick and throw in TH to get McMichael.

Two 2nd Rounders, Look at the 2001 and 2002 draft as examples. In both years we had two 2nd Rounders, in 2001 we netted Travis Henry and Aaron Schobel the following year we netted Josh Reed and Ryan Denney proving just because a guy is drafted in the 2nd Round he'll live up to the billing. IE The more picks you have the better chance you have at hitting.

Two 2nd Rounders, Look at the 2001 and 2002 draft as examples. In both years we had two 2nd Rounders, in 2001 we netted Travis Henry and Aaron Schobel the following year we netted Josh Reed and Ryan Denney proving just because a guy is drafted in the 2nd Round he'll live up to the billing. IE The more picks you have the better chance you have at hitting.

225426[/snapback]

Well, it also depends on the talent available in a year, your case in point. 2002 was weak as all get-out, and our two picks there look serviceable at best. In '01 we got two quality starters. I think this year the talent is not impressive enough to merit the spending another Round 1 pick would necessitate. And, if one of those round 2 guys was the Nuge, it's not like kickers command crazy dollar amounts.

Perhaps, but I was thinking more along the lines of trading Henry plus our 2nd rounder for a 1st rounder. Henry + a #2, I would think, should interest somebody in the mid-1st round range.

I think it's more likely to happen than getting a #2 for Henry.

225306[/snapback]

If you could get up into the 15-20 range it might be worth it, but I don't think you do that unless you think an impact player will be there to immediately help the team.

That's too far up to take Nugent. :D You could probably get JJ's replacement there or you might get him in the 2nd round also. What/who would be there at 15-20 that we couldn't get someone comparable in the 2nd round?

Well, it also depends on the talent available in a year, your case in point.  2002 was weak as all get-out, and our two picks there look serviceable at best.  In '01 we got two quality starters.  I think this year the talent is not impressive enough to merit the spending another Round 1 pick would necessitate.  And, if one of those round 2 guys was the Nuge, it's not like kickers command crazy dollar amounts.

225439[/snapback]

True but one thing about this draft is it isn't overly deep at the top, (ie there's no clear cut #1 overall guy) I think we could land two quality guys in Round 2 based on our only glaring needs being a starting LG and nickel CB (of course if we lose Jonas than I would focus on trying to get an OT such as Adam Terry at the end of the 1st). Of course that is if Henry nets us a 2nd Round pick which at this point is iffy, right now could see us with Tampa's 3rd Rounder. Although I have read that the Vikings like Henry and I'd be more then willing to ship Henry for Mewelde Moore and a later (5th/6th) Round pick.

Let's package Bledsoe and Henry together and send them to TB for a 1st and 3rd?

Who's for that? : )

226178[/snapback]

Hell, if they're that gullible, why not ask for their 2nd as well?