Is the NFL rigged??

Nasty

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing many folks fail to realize is that individual market size is by far the lesser source of profits for all owners whether large population bases or not. The TV market provides over 2/3 of the dollars earned and is the market to be satisfied rather than an individual market.

In terms of whether the NFL prefers big markets or small markets,the clear answer is BOTH.

There was really no chance the Bills would move. The NFL was simply not going to walk away from 40000+ season ticket holder dollars, the millions of dollars from local advertisers, and the millions in corporate welfare paid by local government. If the Bills move all tis to be lost. Sure even more season ticket holders, more ocal ad, and larger corporate welfare an be had in a larger market like Toronto.

However, the NFL plan is clearly to get more eye balls looking at TV (ex: every team is required to play in England).

The smart move for the NFL (which had contractual agreement with Ralph that 75% league approval f new owners was required.

The illusion that the NFL operates based on free market competition between individual owners id with the signing of the CBA after the mid-80s lockout. The primacy of the individual owner being driven by the individual market died with Art Modell.

Thank God, finally someone with a little common sense. His question was really so obviously easy to

answer, that it did not warrant a response.

Really Tu-Toned? So KC and Miami are now suddenly large market teams at the top of the NFL priority list? LMAO. You dodged the question over and over again because you have no answer to it.

This is now the FIFTH time I am asking you to answer one simple question.

HOW DOES THE NFL PROFIT FROM RIGGING GAMES FOR THE BILLS TO LOSE? We don't play big market teams every week, yet these conspiracy theories like yours come up against all the small market teams too.

Case in point, this thread came about due to situations in the KC and Miami game, neither of which are at the top of the NFL hierarchy and haven't been Nationally relevant in decades.

So again, how does helping the Bills lose to teams like KC and Miami help the NFL? And how is that a enterprise worth BILLIONS can find enough value in rigging the Bills to lose to relatively irrelevant teams like KC and Miami?

Nothing at any point of what you have said in any post applies to the actual topic, facts, and situations being discussed. You just keep saying they want big market teams to win, well we keep losing to small market teams, so how is that applicable to anything being discussed or an actual real answer to the question?

Once again, I know you will still not answer the question, because you can't.

Weird I am pretty sure people said the NFL is rigged for teams like Dallas...yet the refs just screwed them.

I don't believe that, but I'll play along--"you mean the refs just screwed them in favor of the NEW YORK (as in the largest, wealthiest city in America) Giants?"

You kind of set yourself up for that one....

Edited by MattM

I don't believe that, but I'll play along--"you mean the refs just screwed them in favor of the NEW YORK (as in the largest, wealthiest city in America) Giants?"

You kind of set yourself up for that one....

But, it was inconclusive. What does that tell you? The refs just don't know who to favor in this game. Big D or NYG?