Denver at New England GDT

Agree with all this. Denver's D is to blame. And I don't love the coaching of John Fox.

There seems to always be something, or someone, to blame for Manning crapping the bed when playing against Brady. It's beyond the point of ridiculousness.

For years it was that Manning never had the defensive talent that Brady had. For much of that time it was probably true because much of the sal cap money went towards equipping Manning with studs galore on offense to help him set passing records.

However, this offseason the Broncos went "all-in" and opened up the cash vault and added a plethora of talent to their defense in an effort to equip Manning even more ammunition to go out and beat Brady. Well, so much for that excuse I suppose.

At some point, people need to stop with the excuses and recognize this for what it is ..... Brady is clearly the superior QB.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you gave your loan money to get a diploma from a bogus "for profit" law school, it's haed to generate sympathy for you. Ditto if you took out a home loan you had no ability to repay.

But at least you're onto this NFL "scam"....you "won't get fooled again!", as the song says..

I hoped this would happen and I was not disappointed.

There seems to always be something, or someone, to blame for Manning crapping the bed when playing against Brady. It's beyond the point of ridiculousness.

For years it was that Manning never had the defensive talent that Brady had. For much of that time it was probably true because much of the sal cap money went towards equipping Manning with studs galore on offense to help him set passing records.

However, this offseason the Broncos went "all-in" and opened up the cash vault and added a plethora of talent to their defense in an effort to equip Manning even more ammunition to go out and beat Brady. Well, so much for that excuse I suppose.

At some point, people need to stop with the excuses and recognize this for what it is ..... Brady is clearly the superior QB.

What was it in the AFC Championship game last year?

Don't let your hatred for the Pats and Brady influence your judgement. Read the posted article.

I did. It sucked.

"Peyton Manning pads his stats in domes."

Brady plays the Dolphins/Jets/Bills 6 times a year.

The author using PPG that don't account defensive touchdowns or turnovers. Weak.

Author uses W/L record between QB's, which is dumb.

Edited by FireChan

They are both great QBs. I tend to favor Brady as well, but he's had the benefit of playing for one of the all-time greatest coaches for the entirety of his career. I think that plays a huge part in the performances you see from these guys in the biggest games and against the best teams. Mora, Dungy, Caldwell and Fox are all average coaches in my opinion. They aren't close to being in Belichick's league.

I did. It sucked.

"Peyton Manning pads his stats in domes."

Brady plays the Dolphins/Jets/Bills 6 times a year.

The author using PPG that don't account defensive touchdowns or turnovers. Weak.

I'm sure the stats would be still be largely in Brady;s favour if adjusted.

Some people are not into objective stats and would rather look at things with subjective biases in place. That's fine, the world needs both types.

They are both great QBs. I tend to favor Brady as well, but he's had the benefit of playing for one of the all-time greatest coaches for the entirety of his career. I think that plays a huge part in the performances you see from these guys in the biggest games and against the best teams. Mora, Dungy, Caldwell and Fox are all average coaches in my opinion. They aren't close to being in Belichick's league.

Are you implying that Manning's coaches are responsible for him consistently crapping the bed when the chips are down?

Some people are not into objective stats and would rather look at things with subjective biases in place. That's fine, the world needs both types.

Oh, you're "sure?" Prove it.

Are you implying that Manning's coaches are responsible for him consistently crapping the bed when the chips are down?

Yes. When faced with a more talented or superior coached team, his coaches aren't devising game plans that maximize his effectiveness. (See, Jim Kelly/Marv Levy vs. Giants/Redskins/Cowboys)

Edited by TheBrownBear

All of this shows in the way the referees call their games -ESPECIALLY in their building. I have never seen them lose on a controversial call or series of calls. Yet, they went to the SB because of one that wound up being a rule change - in their favor of course.

Ok not touching spygate, but you cant remember a call or NON call that cost the Patriots big time? how about picking up the flag last year when it was obvious PI on the Panthers in the end zone on Gronk on the LAST play of the game. That loss was the difference between the AFCCG game being in Denver or being in NE.

As for you saying the refs favor them, this year you be dead wrong they are second in the NFL on penalties called and FIRST on yardage given up from penalties. just check this site:

http://www.nflpenalties.com/

As for yesterdays game, the PI call on Browner was bad but made worse when the Broncos scored on the next play and it was an OBVIOUS HOLD on the Broncos to get Hillman in. My point, refs miss a lot of calls and make a lot of calls based on the players rep. (Browner gets a lot of those but he is worth it IMO)

The Refs have so much man love for Brady it is sickening for a straight guy to watch.

In the Denver game after Brady was sacked on a play, the head ref jogged over and helped Brady get back up. Brady was slow to get up, but this buddy ole ref did him a favor and lended him a hand.

I was like WTF? Part of the game is wearing down the opponent. How nice was it of this ref to go help his buddy Tommy boy get off his ass when he just got pancaked? Refs are supposed to be unbiased. This was a clear case of favoritism.

Let him get up himself. It is part of the game man. Part of the game..... Maybe they have to burn a timeout there. Or maybe they get a delay of game because he doesn't get ready for the next play in time. Or maybe Brady has to come out if for a play if they blow the whistle for an injury.

No doubt in my mind, those refs were biased, especially the head ref.

Yup. Albany Law School.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with a professional degree.

Albany ranks as a third / fourth tier law school . Looked up their stats and they are showing only a 30% employment rate at graduation.

In this economy , it's hard to get a decent job coming out of most schools unless you are in one of those big name law schools or are the top student elsewhere.

While these are two of the best to ever play the position and we're lucky to get to see them head to head like this for so long, I wonder how much of Brady's success against Manning depends on home field advantage, as they seem to play the annual game in Foxboro nearly every year, both now vs Denver and previously vs the Colts. It's currently the 3rd year in a row it's been played in New England, for ex. A Pats* fan explained why to me yesterday (3 years in a row for head to heads of division winners), but that system seems asinine to me. Why not alternate those games?

Umm most people do decades tofether you know like '00, the '10's, etc not like you tried to so FAIL! and by your definition Brady has done it in the last decade. so again FAIL!

A decade is a period of ten years. Sorry that Brady hasn't won since The Lord of the Rings movies were in theaters.