(OT) Found my old NINTENDO system.

PIZ

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maniac Mansion was awesome...however my game had a glich and I got to a point where it stopped loading at a certain point, which sucked.

224928[/snapback]

But, was it the version of Maniac Mansion that allowed you to put the hamster in the microwave and blow it up? The first version of the game allowed you to do so when playing as certain characters. This was subsequently "fixed" in later versions of the game, on orders from Nintendo.

But, was it the version of Maniac Mansion that allowed you to put the hamster in the microwave and blow it up?  The first version of the game allowed you to do so when playing as certain characters.  This was subsequently "fixed" in later versions of the game, on orders from Nintendo.

225177[/snapback]

HAHAHA!!! YES! I COULD DO THAT!

totally forgot about that....

But, was it the version of Maniac Mansion that allowed you to put the hamster in the microwave and blow it up?  The first version of the game allowed you to do so when playing as certain characters.  This was subsequently "fixed" in later versions of the game, on orders from Nintendo.

225177[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure the characters in the NES version of the game that let you put the hamster in the microwave were Razor and Syd. I have since played this game on PC and been able to do it with all characters.

Fester's quest was the hardest game - ever. You got ONE life for the whole game - ONE!!!

224899[/snapback]

I had Festers Quest too (just totally forgot about it) and you're right that game was hard as hell!!!

Blades of Steel was great too, the in game games beween periods were a nice touch too.

Aside from Zelda, I think the longest game it took me to complete was Dragon Warrior.

back in like 3rd grade (early 90's), me and a friend playes NES for like 2 straight days and beat super mario 1,2,and 3 all in a row, from board 1-1 to the very end, and everything in between, no cheats...damn those were the days...:D

So, if I get this thing working, which games should I get? I have about 30 games, but I think I'm going to get Contra, Ivan Stewarts Super Off Road, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtels, & Maniac Mansion.

I have:

Pro Wrestling

Rad Racer

Based Loaded

RC Pro Am

Double Dribble

Tecmo Super Bowl

Golf

Top Gun

Excite Bike

Gumshoe

Tecmo NBA

10 Yard Fight

Rush N Attack

Castlevania

3D Worldrunner

Rampage

Spy Hunter

KungFu

Bayou Billy

Days of Thunder

Paperboy

Tecmo Bowl

Karate Champ

Xenophobe

Duck Hunt

Platoon

Punch Out

Karate Kid

Tiger Heli

Gyromite

Commando

So, if I get this thing working, which games should I get?  I have about 30 games, but I think I'm going to get Contra, Ivan Stewarts Super Off Road, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtels, & Maniac Mansion.

Commando

225966[/snapback]

Try Bionic Commando - one of my all time NES favorites.

So, if I get this thing working, which games should I get?  I have about 30 games, but I think I'm going to get Contra, Ivan Stewarts Super Off Road, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtels, & Maniac Mansion.

225966[/snapback]

I didn't see Tecmo Super Bowl on your list of haves and feel this a must have, if can find a copy. Contra and Maniac Mansion are two others I think that belong in the must have category. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game(s) were fun too but don't belong with the other categories. Of course it all depends what type of gamer you are, me I like adventure and RPGs first and foremost then I usually side with sports games and don't mind an entertaining action game now and again.

I didn't see Tecmo Super Bowl on your list of haves and feel this a must have, if can find a copy. Contra and Maniac Mansion are two others I think that belong in the must have category. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game(s) were fun too but don't belong with the other categories. Of course it all depends what type of gamer you are, me I like adventure and RPGs first and foremost then I usually side with sports games and don't mind an entertaining action game now and again.

226181[/snapback]

Yeah, I have Tecmo SP. I have to say, I've never played Maniac Mansion, but you guys seem to think it's good. I beat Contra and HAD Super Off Road, but someone must have stolen both of them. Cripes, I think Contra is like $20.00 on ebay.

I wanted to get it working for my kids.  The XBOX is a little advanced for them.  I have probably about 30 NINTENDO games that I loved when I was a kid.  I hooked the system up and all the TV screen does is blink.  Can this be fixed?  Any suggestions?  I think my favorite games were Double Dribble and Contra.

223735[/snapback]

It is tough, but maybe buy a new Nintendo. I wouldn't think that it's expensive.

It is tough, but maybe buy a new Nintendo.  I wouldn't think that it's expensive.

226853[/snapback]

Yeah, they have some NINTENDO's on ebay that don't even look like NINTENDO's. Some aftermarket ones I guess. They also have some used (which I have) NINTENDOs that sell for about $35 + shipping and most are listed saying they have a new connector. So that's what I'm going to try first. I bought a connector and I'll clean all my games. If that doesn't work I 'll probably buy one of the aftermarket NINTENDO's. The only reason I didn't get one now was because the zapper gun isn't compatible with it, and my son wants to play DUCK HUNT in the worst way. I didn't check to see if they had an aftermarket zapper gun though.