[OT] Prostitution or Welfare????

SDS

This is pretty messed up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../30/wgerm30.xml

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit. Last month German unemployment rose for the 11th consecutive month to 4.5 million, taking the number out of work to its highest since reunification in 1990.

This is pretty messed up:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../30/wgerm30.xml

Under Germany's welfare reforms, any woman under 55 who has been out of work for more than a year can be forced to take an available job – including in the sex industry – or lose her unemployment benefit. Last month German unemployment rose for the 11th consecutive month to 4.5 million, taking the number out of work to its highest since reunification in 1990.

223525[/snapback]

Ah, those light hearted Germans.......that's just sick.

I agree that is morally wrong. However, I support a harsh overhaul of the welfare system in this country. I'd like to see people who are receiving welfare, be put in orange jumpsuits and forced to pick up trash on the side of the road. A little bit of community service in return for public tax dollars is not a lot to ask.

I agree that is morally wrong.  However, I support a harsh overhaul of the welfare system in this country.  I'd like to see people who are receiving welfare, be put in orange jumpsuits and forced to pick up trash on the side of the road.  A little bit of community service in return for public tax dollars is not a lot to ask.

223563[/snapback]

I agree with what you're saying. In Europe, however, it's harder to find a job because there are so many restrictions on employers. Giving someone a job is almost like marrying them in terms of the commitment level involved. So Europeans who are out of work may not be lazy good-for-nothings. Often they are college graduates looking for that first job. I'd hate to see a woman I cared about put in a situation where she had to choose between selling herself to strangers, and going to bed hungry.

After WWII, the Germans were told they were a terrible people. It seems they bought into the idea to the point where they have lost self-respect.

Okay, that does look like being nuts. But the Torygraph does put its own spin on stories (as do all news media). More due to the law legalising brothels not being thinked out in regards to indirect consequences, there is no way the law would have been intended to cause this and it should be amended in the very near future to resolve this.

The legalisation of brothels is actually a pretty good idea in that by criminalising prostitution it only increasing the risks (medical, exploitation, drug use) for all those involved without stopping the sex trade in any way.

They should have the same thing here. Get a job or be a HO. I'd like to open up a training institute to teach the finer points of being a ho.

Except if they did this in the US, women would quit their jobs so they could go on welfare and be a ho. Since the supply would go way up, ho's would have to lower their prices to the $10-20 range. This in turn would cause a lowering of stress for the male population and cause life expectencies to increase dramatically. This would then cause a crisis in Social Security. This is probably was Bush has been worried about.

Soon they would have to offer female social security recipients the opportunity to be a ho for less benefits. This would cause a deflationary spiral bringing prices down to the $2-3 range. This would solve not only the welfare problem, but also social security, unemployment and inflation.

I guess it would pay for a girl to be butt ugly...she wouldnt get picked to many times,(unless T-bone moved over there,, :lol: )..So she would really be getting paid for laying around all day,doing nothing for her check.

There's another word for that,,,cheatin ho.. :lol:  :lol:

223634[/snapback]

OK, this woman is disgusted with the idea of having to screw any old butt ugly man who has a credit card.

What about you guys? Any old slimey skank who wanted service would be an acceptable job for you? What makes you think you would even get the job after your employer saw your photo? :w00t:

The government had considered making brothels an exception on moral grounds, but decided that it would be too difficult to distinguish them from bars.

would it really be that hard??

i dont see bartenders also being whores. all you have to ask is.... "do you employ whores", if the answer is yes... than there you go.

they got to straiten this out soon.

how can you say, "go be a whore, or loose all welfare benefits".. come on...