Remote Car starters? Good or bad? Need car help please....

Security

I don't know a lot about cars. Type with words that I can understand, please!

Me and the wife are moving soon, from a big house with a garage that we are selling to a small townhome with a driveway and no garage.

Might want remote starters.

My car: 2006 Toyota Camry (yea, only 52K miles)

Hers: 2012 Toyota Camry HYBRID

I have heard good and bad, and heard that you may not want to mess with the hybrid with the remote starter.

I do see this on Amazon, actually references 2012 Camry hybrid with the remote starter.....

http://www.amazon.com/Remote-Starter-Genuine-Toyota-Accessory/dp/B006QCP8NK

Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated.......

I can't tell you anything about a RS for a hybrid. I've had remote starts on all my vehicles for over 15 years, including a couple of stick shifts. The new ones are awesome and have apps so you can start/monitor your car from your phone. For me, that's worth the extra coin.

Just make sure (if you're not installing it yourself) that you go to a reputable place for the install. There are a lot of places in that business open for a short period of time and then close, leaving you with no recourse if something goes wrong.

My sister and brother in law use them. He has a 2500 Chevy gas motor and she has had a Sunfire, Compass and now an Equinox.

They help living in the cold weather and they do use their gayrage. They haven't had any issues and they seem to be worthwhile and convenient.

Remote car starter? What for?

I take it you aren't Sicilian. :rolleyes:

When my mother was still living in Niagara Falls, I got her one. She suffered from frostbite as a kid and has very poor circulation to her fingers and toes. So since I didn't live their to start the car for her, I figured this helped a bit to make sure the car was started, and warm, before she went out. She seemed to like it.