Does anyone belive that Drew Bledsoe

Hall of fame? ha ha

-->I<-- am a better QB than Drew Bledsoe. You might think I'm kidding but I'm not. I really believe this. I mean, I may have been third string in high school, but I could always throw the short passes with touch I thought. And with better accuracy than Drew for sure.

Let's say the Bills are down by two and need to drive for the win. With Drew at the helm, he's doomed to get sacked and fumble or, if we're lucky, just sacked or he throws 4 straight incompletions (maybe the 4th one is picked off). Put me at the helm and run a couple of screens. I promise I'll get the ball off in time and with the proper arc, direction, and touch.

We probably wouldn't score, of course, after all I'm a security analyst, not a QB. But I do think I'd move the ball a bit better than Drew. But that's just me.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall of fame?  ha ha

-->I<-- am a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.  You might think I'm kidding but I'm not.  I really believe this.  I mean, I may have been third string in high school, but I could always throw the short passes with touch I thought.  And with better accuracy than Drew for sure.

Let's say the Bills are down by two and need to drive for the win.  With Drew at the helm, he's doomed to get sacked and fumble or, if we're lucky, just sacked or he throws 4 straight incompletions (maybe the 4th one is picked off).  Put me at the helm and run a couple of screens.  I promise I'll get the ball off in time and with the proper arc, direction, and touch. 

We probably wouldn't score, of course, after all I'm a security analyst, not a QB.  But I do think I'd move the ball a bit better than Drew.  But that's just me.

223787[/snapback]

Kind of like his 4th quarter drive against the titans last year? Too bad Drew tried to show the ball to the ref instead of just holding onto it... :lol:

Kind of like his 4th quarter drive against the titans last year? Too bad Drew tried to show the ball to the ref instead of just holding onto it... :lol:

223791[/snapback]

I was going to bring up the 4th quarter drive vs the Jets this year, but your example is better.

CW

223791[/snapback]

Thanks for letting me relive that...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Josh Reed.

He has good stats except for win %.  And to be a HOF'er you need to be a winner.

223436[/snapback]

Even looking at his stats, they're just not good enough either.

Boomer Esiason retired in 1997 with comparable stats,

& he's not even close to being a HOF finalist.

Pro Football Reference

Boomer Esiason vs Drew Bledsoe

# of Pro Bowls: Boomer 4, Drew 4

Seasons among the league's top 10

Pass attempts: Boomer 3, Drew 8

Completions: Boomer 3, Drew 8

Passing yards: Boomer 7, Drew 6

Passing TDs: Boomer 7, Drew 6

Adjusted yards per pass: Boomer 5, Drew 3

Among the league's all-time top 50

Pass attempts: Boomer 11, Drew 7

Completions: Boomer 11, Drew 7

Passing yards: Boomer 12, Drew 10

Passing TDs: Boomer 12, Drew 18

Postseason data

Boomer 3-2 playoffs (4 tds, 3 int, 600 yds),

1-0 AFC Championship, 0-1 Super Bowl

Drew 3-3 playoffs (6 tds, 12 int, 1335 yds),

Hall of fame?  ha ha

-->I<-- am a better QB than Drew Bledsoe.  You might think I'm kidding but I'm not.  I really believe this.  I mean, I may have been third string in high school, but I could always throw the short passes with touch I thought.  And with better accuracy than Drew for sure.

Let's say the Bills are down by two and need to drive for the win.  With Drew at the helm, he's doomed to get sacked and fumble or, if we're lucky, just sacked or he throws 4 straight incompletions (maybe the 4th one is picked off).  Put me at the helm and run a couple of screens.  I promise I'll get the ball off in time and with the proper arc, direction, and touch. 

We probably wouldn't score, of course, after all I'm a security analyst, not a QB.  But I do think I'd move the ball a bit better than Drew.  But that's just me.

223787[/snapback]

I've been waiting for that final bit of info to swing me over to the Drew hater's way of thinking.

When a high school third string QB is convinced he's better than Bledsoe what more is there to say?

Bledsoe? Done.

(by the way, since I was a starting JUCO RB that makes me better than Travis Henry right?)

I've been waiting for that final bit of info to swing me over to the Drew hater's way of thinking. 

When a high school third string QB is convinced he's better than Bledsoe what more is there to say?

Bledsoe? Done.

223802[/snapback]

Welcome, Oneida Lake! :lol:

Drew probably is a HOF QB. I know there are DB haters on this board but if you look at his numbers rationally and what he has done over his career he has HOF numbers. He is in the top 10 of all time passing leaders. That alone pretty much will make him a HOF QB. His skills are deteriorating now--we all see that. But he has had a great NFL career.

Drew probably is a HOF QB.  I know there are DB haters on this board but if you look at his numbers rationally and what he has done over his career he has HOF numbers.  He is in the top 10 of all time passing leaders.  That alone pretty much will make him a HOF QB.  His skills are deteriorating now--we all see that.  But he has had a great NFL career.

223807[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=223800

Bledsoe has a very good chance to make the HOF...His stats put him in the top 10 of ALL TIME in several catagories...

He will surpass 40,000 yards this season and should continue to climb up the rankings.

Time will tell..

223493[/snapback]

More proof that career passing yards is one of the most misleading stats in sports history. Especially in the modern era.

Drew Bledsoe in the HOF? I guess anything is possible. Yasser Arafat once won the Nobel Peace Prize. :lol:

223800[/snapback]

Except that, technically, Bledsoe is 2-0 in AFC Championship games. He gets the win because the team was down when he came in.

I disagree with your Boomer vs Bledsoe comparison as general, as I think the stats favor DB by quite a wide margin, but I won't get into that right now. I'll discuss it when you pay me my $50. :lol:

CW

Even looking at his stats, they're just not good enough either.

Boomer Esiason retired in 1997 with comparable stats,

& he's not even close to being a HOF finalist.

Pro Football Reference

Postseason data

Boomer 3-2 playoffs (4 tds, 3 int, 600 yds),

223800[/snapback]

Your collection of Bommer data is probably the best argument I have seen that he will not get in, and actually the strongest part of this is that he is not even on the finalist list.

Hpwever, there is still a question which will get him considered which is reflected in the post-season data. Bledsoe will likely get credit from the HOF Committee for being on the Pats 2001 SB winning team since like it or not he did play an essential role in their drive for the prize by playing QB in the majority of the AFC Chanpionship game and throwing the winning TD amidst some pretty pedestrian total stats for the game.

If there are advocates for Bledsoe in the popularity contest known as the HOF committee hey will argue with enough validity for it to be rational that he was 2-0 in AFC Chanpionship games (the win under Parcells and the win under Belichick). They will further argue that his essential role in the 2001 run makes him 1-1 on SB teams even if it was Brady who did the job in the game.

It's going to come down to a popularity contest and this has already produced illogical results like Ralph not getting in and come questionable HOF choices who did get in.

The popularity contest will largely be determined about the competition of other QBs that Bledsoe faces. He cannot beat the Kelly and Elways (who are long retired and thus already in). I think he can probably beat the Testaverde's, the Trent Dilfer' and possibly even the Kurt Warner's who had better year's but not the longevity.

The only way Drew gets into the Hall of Fame is if he takes a job as a janitor there after he retires.

223418[/snapback]

I think players like Boomer Esaison, Vinny Testervade, Drew Bledose are all outside looking in and are not sure bets, mainly because they couldn't win the

big one.

Kelly got in, without winning the big one, because he took them to 4 straight.

If Kelly had gone only to 2 of them, then he doesn't make it in (at least not

1st ballot).

Except that, technically, Bledsoe is 2-0 in AFC Championship games.  He gets the win because the team was down when he came in.

223819[/snapback]

Why does everyone think the Patriots were behind in 2001 against the Steelers when Brady was hurt?

Seriously.

Except that, technically, Bledsoe is 2-0 in AFC Championship games.  He gets the win because the team was down when he came in.

CW

223819[/snapback]

huh? The Pats were ahead when Bledsoe entered. Drew played one decent series- 3-3 and Patton made a great TD catch. Drew played horribly the rest of that game. NFL stats credit Brady with the win. TB 8-0 playoff games

huh?  The Pats were ahead when Bledsoe entered.  Drew played one decent series- 3-3 and Patton made a great TD catch.  Drew played horribly the rest of that game.  NFL stats credit Brady with the win.  TB 8-0 playoff games

224046[/snapback]

Brady left without scoring any points. They were ahead 7-0 on a special teams touchdown.

Bledsoe scored 10 points. Bledsoe played 35 minutes to Brady's 25.

Drew did not play horribly. No INTs, no fumbles. 3 second half drives of between 4 and 5 minutes each. 3 3rd down conversions. He played well and won the game.

Your revisionist history about that game is ridiculous. If Brady is credited with the win then it's simply another case of Brady getting more undeserved credit for something for which he had little to do.