BYE-BYE BLEDSOE

BYE-BYE BLEDSOE

Drew Bledsoe's status in Buffalo is similarly unsettled. Coming off a terrible season finale that cost Buffalo a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, Bledsoe is hardly a lock to remain the Bills starter. Youngster J.P. Losman appears to be emerging as Buffalo's signal-caller sooner rather than later. Neither owner Ralph Wilson Jr. nor GM Tom Donahoe has said anything even remotely supportive of Bledsoe, who would cost the Bills $4.3 million if they were to release him before June 1. With Bledsoe unlikely to accept a backup role and Losman already working hard with QBs coach Sam Wyche, don't be surprised if Bledsoe is looking for a new employer in the coming months. Could his career come full circle with a Bill Parcells reunion in Dallas?

http://www.nypost.com/sports/39110.htm

BYE-BYE BLEDSOE

Drew Bledsoe's status in Buffalo is similarly unsettled. Coming off a terrible season finale that cost Buffalo a chance to go to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, Bledsoe is hardly a lock to remain the Bills starter. Youngster J.P. Losman appears to be emerging as Buffalo's signal-caller sooner rather than later. Neither owner Ralph Wilson Jr. nor GM Tom Donahoe has said anything even remotely supportive of Bledsoe, who would cost the Bills $4.3 million if they were to release him before June 1. With Bledsoe unlikely to accept a backup role and Losman already working hard with QBs coach Sam Wyche, don't be surprised if Bledsoe is looking for a new employer in the coming months. Could his career come full circle with a Bill Parcells reunion in Dallas?

http://www.nypost.com/sports/39110.htm

223379[/snapback]

Wow, even the guy named 'AirBledsoe11' is starting to come to terms lol

I still just don't understand why everybody seems to think that Parcells would like to have Bledsoe back. I see no reason to believe Parcells could accomplish the same with Bledsoe as he did back in '96...nor any reason to believe Parcells would somehow buy into this thinking.

As much as I dislike Parcells, I don't think he's an idiot. Why would he have any interest whatsoever in doing this?

I still just don't understand why everybody seems to think that Parcells would like to have Bledsoe back. I see no reason to believe Parcells could accomplish the same with Bledsoe as he did back in '96...nor any reason to believe Parcells would somehow buy into this thinking.

As much as I dislike Parcells, I don't think he's an idiot. Why would he have any interest whatsoever in doing this?

223391[/snapback]

The only thing I can think of was when Parcells first took over the Cowboys, he made some comment about how he thought Bledsoe could still play and that he wouldn't mind having him as his QB. I dunnno......but I would be really interested to see how well Bledsoe did somewhere else. RJ made an idiot of himself, hacking all over the Bills when his asss got cut. It was hilarious when he was in Houston, all excited to be their starter, crapping all over Buffalo, and then realizing they weren't giving him the starting job, but using him until Carr was ready to go lol. I actually liked RJ, just like I like Drew.....they just didn't get it done when they were here.

He will be singing:

Pack up all my care and woe

Here I go, singing low

Bye bye Bledsoe

Where the Tuna waits for me

Sugar's sweet, so is he

Bye bye Bledsoe

No one here can love or understand me

Oh what hard luck stories they all hand me

Make my bed and light the light

I'll arrive late tonight

Bledsoe, bye bye

He will be singing:

Here I go, singing low

Bye bye Bledsoe

Sugar's sweet, so is he

Bye bye Bledsoe

I'll arrive late tonight

Bledsoe, bye bye

223445[/snapback]

LMAO, what is that??

He will be singing:

Here I go, singing low

Bye bye Bledsoe

Sugar's sweet, so is he

Bye bye Bledsoe

I'll arrive late tonight

Bledsoe, bye bye

223445[/snapback]

sweet, sweet music! :w00t:

223391[/snapback]

because he likes QBs that commit drive-killing and game losing turnovers!!

RJ made an idiot of himself, hacking all over the Bills when his asss got cut. It was hilarious when he was in Houston, all excited to be their starter, crapping all over Buffalo, and then realizing they weren't giving him the starting job, but using him until Carr was ready to go lol.

223393[/snapback]

Did I miss something here? When did RJ ever go to Houston?

How's Bledsoe and Travis to Dallas for our orignal number 1 pick and Dallas's 3rd sound :lol:

223536[/snapback]

like a pipe dream. Drew has little of none trade value. We would be lucky to get a second for Travis. I would settle for a 3rd for the two of them

Did I miss something here? When did RJ ever go to Houston?

223535[/snapback]

The Texans were the first team RJ was close to signing with after we cut him. He would gloat about them while hacking on the Bills in the same breath. He thought they were offering him a starting job, so when he found out that wasn't the case he decided to go to Tampa Bay.

Buffalo's (the city/region/teams) history has been littered with boneheaded decisions since the city was first incorporated. IMO, It has got to do something different than what others do in order to be successful, not just follow!

Bledsoe being traded or dumped only to go to another team and win it all would be just another one of those boneheaded calls in an already growing and long line.

What brings other success usually fails for Buffalo in general if they (Buffalo) try to emulate.

The Bills need to blaze their own path and sure as hell not listen to what the fans think on this matter!

:lol:

The only way Bledsoe ends up in Dallas, is if Vinny retires...both Parcells and Jerry Jones have made statements since their season ended, that they had no plans to make any changes in their QB lineup. The both stated that Testeverde, unless he retires, would be back. Jones heaped all kinds of praise on Vinny.

As someone who supports the idea of Bledsoe being back in Buffalo, not a blind Bledsoe supporter, and also being subjected to the Dallas Cowboys every week, I can tell you, when Vinny is "on" he is played better this past season than Bledose did at his best. When Vinny was "off", he was every bit as bad, and had some similar tendancies.

I know that Parcells/Jones could easily change their stance, but I am not really buying into the fact that he is a big Bledsoe fan...they despised eachohter in New England. Once they parted, Bledsoe was mature enough to say the right things about Parcells ("I didn't appreciate how great a coach he was until he was gone, yadda, yadda, yadda...") and since Parcells didn't have to worry about him being his guy anymore, he returned some compliments for the lovefests that make up the Sunday morning pre-game shows. If the Cowboys do try to pick up another QB, I predict it will be Drew Brees, someone with a track record, some upside, and someone to build a team around. Bledsoe would only be another stop-gap guy...

Also, Parcells is a prideful guy, not prone to admitting mistakes. Don't forget, Parcells picked Bledsoe as the first player in the 1993 draft. While he wasn't a total failure, he hasn't really lived up to those lofty expectations, yet!

I was thinking the same thing.Wasn't it Tampa?

223571[/snapback]

As ajzepp said, when RJ became a free agent, he was close to signing with the Texans. He assumed he was signing on for the starting roll. When he realized that he would have to win the job from Carr, he declined to sign, and instead settled for a short-term bench warmer deal in Tampa. Wonder if RJ resurfaces anywhere this season.....