MYTH: Boy... Chan Gailey got so much more out of Spiller! (w/stats

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey used zone blocking schemes. Marrone doesn't. That's the biggest difference in the run game.

GO BILLS!!!

I have heard this said before . and suggestions that he should.

Is that an " either or " type of coaching ?

I have heard this said before . and suggestions that he should.

Is that an " either or " type of coaching ?

It's more of an either/or type of preference for OLmen, I think. Marrone seems to prefer big, tall, HEAVY guys that are stronger, perhaps not as mobile but have an advantage in man blocking schemes. I think Gailey likes guys who can move better. Might explain why we aren't as good in the screen game, too. Our guards particularly can't seem to get out in space well enough.

GO BILLS!!!

It's more of an either/or type of preference for OLmen, I think. Marrone seems to prefer big, tall, HEAVY guys that are stronger, perhaps not as mobile but have an advantage in man blocking schemes. I think Gailey likes guys who can move better. Might explain why we aren't as good in the screen game, too. Our guards particularly can't seem to get out in space well enough.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh thats how it was. Thats why i asked. Some folks have wanted to get back to Gaileys scheme .

But if Morris and Hackett are running a man scheme why cant he swicth to a zone if the opponent was weak against it.

I understand the that Coach Marrone wants the big fellas who can plant. or drive .

Cant O lines switch up.

Or is it really then driven by design with player type. Either / Or ?

Oh thats how it was. Thats why i asked. Some folks have wanted to get back to Gaileys scheme .

But if Morris and Hackett are running a man scheme why cant he swicth to a zone if the opponent was weak against it.

I understand the that Coach Marrone wants the big fellas who can plant. or drive .

Cant O lines switch up.

Or is it really then driven by design with player type. Either / Or ?

I don't mind Hackett's scheme as much as others, especially his passing game. He always seems to find a way to have two receivers running open. As for the run game, our OL is simply not winning their one on one battles consistently. I also believe that if Orton can make them pay for crowding the LOS and Hackett can do some things from a formation standpoint, we'll be just fine in the run game. CJ and Freddy are just too talented and it's obvious they are the focal point of DCs.

That said, and even though we seem to be struggling a lot in the run game, I DO appreciate Hackett's insistence on sticking with it early in games. He's been able to do a lot of things in the passing game off of simple run action by the OLine. Especially when coupled with play action from the QB.

Orton needs to back them off the LOS and it'll help our OL.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't mind Hackett's scheme as much as others, especially his passing game. He always seems to find a way to have two receivers running open. As for the run game, our OL is simply not winning their one on one battles consistently. I also believe that if Orton can make them pay for crowding the LOS and Hackett can do some things from a formation standpoint, we'll be just fine in the run game. CJ and Freddy are just too talented and it's obvious they are the focal point of DCs.

That said, and even though we seem to be struggling a lot in the run game, I DO appreciate Hackett's insistence on sticking with it early in games. He's been able to do a lot of things in the passing game off of simple run action by the OLine. Especially when coupled with play action from the QB.

Orton needs to back them off the LOS and it'll help our OL.

GO BILLS!!!

The thing is , Marrone has been demanding execution. In the most stubborn manner .

Of course I agree if Orton can get DCs to back off , it should help .

But with Pears ( sorry man ) he just cant play guard much less ever zone block . Until the RG is fixed i dont feel well about the offense dictating much of anything.

I wish too we could effectively pound the ball

Bills rookies have the size just need the reps Wiiliams should became a backup next season and Pears should retire healthy

Edited by 3rdand12

Gailey used zone blocking schemes. Marrone doesn't. That's the biggest difference in the run game.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought they both use/d zone schemes, I am certain I have read it in a couple of places that Marrone uses a zone scheme. And it also looks like zone to me, yes different than Chan's but still zone. They play a grouped (tighter packed line) than Chan did so responsibilities are more shared (easier double teams) it is sort of the anti spread.