Week 6: Patriots' Game Preparation - Mike Williams Inactive

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeBuscaglia

Hearing that #Bills LB Brandon Spikes will be likely able to play against New England... like he'd miss that game anyway.

Five absent from Friday practice (1:34)

Rookie Bryan Stork was added to the injury report and is one of the five players not seen on Friday.

Matchups: Stevan Ridley vs. Brandon Spikes (2:26)

This weekend, the Patriots take on the familiar face of Brandon Spikes. Will Stevan Ridley be able to execute the running game past Spikes?

Handful of starters are questionable

OUT

WR Marcus Easley

G Chris Williams

QUESTIONABLE

DT Kyle Williams – knee

LB Nigel Bradham – knee

CB Ron Brooks – neck

S Da’Norris Searcy – knee

RB Fred Jackson – ankle

LB Brandon Spikes – ribs

S Aaron Williams – wrist

Fred Jackson questionable but should play

Jackson was a limited participant in practice Wednesday and Thursday after suffering a right ankle sprain in last Sunday's win over the Detroit Lions.

Jackson "should be good to go," for Sunday's game, a source said.

I'm surprised Ron Brooks has a chance to play! What I like about our team is that everyone seems to want to play and to win. That is the kind of attitude and passion I want in my team! Now, with new ownership, a change in quarterback, momentum, and home field - I think we win 27 to 23.

I'm surprised Ron Brooks has a chance to play! What I like about our team is that everyone seems to want to play and to win. That is the kind of attitude and passion I want in my team! Now, with new ownership, a change in quarterback, momentum, and home field - I think we win 27 to 23.

Brroks actually wanted to continue playing last week after we landed on his head.

As pumped as I am about a divisional foe matchup, I am more pumped just to be in the stadium where, for the first time in 20 years, there will be no threat of a possible move to LA or Toronto. Whatever the scoreboard says at the end is secondary - this game will be a total win for Buffalo. I'm on board for the Pegula Party!

@BenVolin

The #Patriots have options at C if Stork can't play. But it looks like Pats will have yet another OL combination this Sunday in Buffalo

Not having Easley would make a thin DL even thinner. Chandler Jones still dealing with a shoulder injury

Assuming Stork can't play, I'd go Solder-Connolly-Wendell-Cannon-Vollmer on the offensive line. Also consider Devey over Cannon

Belichick on Orton’s 1st start for Bills

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick obviously poured over the Bills game tape from last week against Detroit. Knowing it was Kyle Orton’s first start with Buffalo he paid close attention to the plays that were called and the personnel groupings the Bills offensive staff chose to use. Here was his assessment of how the Bills offense changed with Orton at quarterback in comparison to EJ Manuel.

Browner gets backing from coach, teammates; Oct. 10 notes

By Erik Scalavino - News from Patriots practice and locker room interviews.

Patriots - Bills Injury Report

By New England Patriots - The New England Patriots (3-2) and the Buffalo Bills (3-2) announce the following player injuries and practice participation.

Pass Pass: Darrelle Revis (4:37)

Hear what Darrelle Revis had to say in the locker room today after Patriots practice.

Press Pass: Devin McCourty (5:31)

Hear what Devin McCourty had to say in the locker room today after Patriots practice.

Sunday’s gameday giveaways

Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots has a 1:00 p.m. kickoff. Fans through the gates will receive a commemorative t-shirt and an ECMC and ADPRO Sports Billieve Yowie® rallywear. Other pregame festivities include Stampede performance at 12:30 p.m., a special pregame ceremony at 12:40 p.m. and Buffalo’s own Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo Dolls singing the National Anthem.

Fans are encouraged to get to their seats early to enjoy all of the pregame events.

W2W4: Key Patriots areas vs. the Bills

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots visit the Buffalo Bills on Sunday (Fox, 1 p.m ET), and here are some of the key areas to watch:

All Access presented by GEICO - 10/10/2014 (40:20)

In this edition of Patriots All Access presented by GEICO, Steve Burton sits down with Stevan Ridley to discuss the expectations for Sunday's game. Scott Zolak and Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick breakdown the Buffalo Bills, on the Belestrator. All that and more on this edition of Patriots All Access.

Bill Belichick previews the Buffalo Bills (2:58)

Coach Belichick sits with Scott Zolak in our studio as they preview the upcoming game against Buffalo.

Dunkin' Donuts Coffee with the Coach - 10/10/2014 (2:02)

In this episode of Coffee with the Coach presented by Dunkin' Donuts, Scott Zolak sits down with Bill Belichick and the two discuss last week's huge win against Cincinnati as the team moves on to face the Buffalo

Patriots at Bills Pregame Six-Pack!

By Andy Hart - Coming off its best, most energetic win of the year, New England heads to Buffalo looking to start a winning streak.

Mark Kelso: Patriots-Bills Game Preview (24:58)

Murph's broadcast partner on the radio, Mark Kelso sat down to discuss this weekend's divisional matchup with the Patriots. Kelso also weighed on in the Pegula Family taking over as owners of the team.

Broadcast Information: Patriots at Bills

Find out how and where to watch with television, radio, and internet broadcast information for the Bills-Patriots game.

Bills vs. Patriots, 2014 NFL Week 6: frustrating Tom Brady

Frustrating Tom Brady is about much more than pressuring him in 2014. Here's how the Buffalo Bills should attack the New England Patriots' passing attack on Sunday.

For the first four weeks of the 2014 NFL season, Tom Brady was not his usual self. People started to think of him as Tom Brady instead of "TOM BRADY!". The New England Patriots' offense was struggling across the board - but just as everyone was ready to bury the them, Brady and the Patriots' offense rebounded in grand fashion against Cincinnati on Sunday Night Football.

Which Patriots offense will show up Sunday? I hope it's the one from the first four weeks, and here are my thoughts on how the Buffalo Bills' defense can help to make that happen.

Film Session: Patriots Rushing Attack (4:14)

Mark Kelso takes a look at the New England Patriots rushing attack and shows you how they found success against Cincinnati but also shows you how the Kansas City Chiefs were able to slow it down.

@buffalobills

The finishing touch is up on the towers. This place is ready to rock. #RockTheRalph

BzrTlvGCEAAYO7k.jpg

Dareus has Belichick’s respect

Bills DT Marcell Dareus, who justed earned AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors following his three-sack performance that included other tackles for no gain or loss, has impressed Patriots head coach Bill Belichick with is spike in production this season. Here was Belichick’s assessment of Dareus’ game this season.

Pats know that Bills ‘D’ funnels rushers inside

Buffalo’s run defense has been excellent thus far this season. Part of the reason is the ends line up wide, sometimes in a nine technique (outside shade of the tight end). While more is made out of the wide-9 formation defensively with respect to pass rush, it serves an important purpose against the run.