CBS Sports Game Preview

Patriots vs. Bills Odds

Patriots vs. Bills History

Week 6 NFL on Fox Announcers & Distribution

Play-by-Play: Kenny Albert

Color Analyst: Daryl Johnston

On the Field: Tony Siragusa

If the season ended today

Despite Sunday night's destruction of the Bengals, the Patriots don't lead the AFC East. However, a pivotal showdown with the division-leading Bills looms in Week 6.

Bills-Pats winner to be AFC East pace setter

With both the Jets and Dolphins playing outside the division this week, all eyes will be on the pivotal early season division tilt between the Bills and Patriots.

Patriots announce roster exemptions for Brandon Browner and Brian Tyms have been lifted

SI Video: A win is nice, but issues still remain for Patriots (2:02)

On Monday's SI Now, 120 Sports host Michael Kim and Sports Illustrated writer-reporter Richard Deitsch discuss if the Patriots win against the Bengals will cause criticism to stop and the condition of the AFC East.

Bills can take advantage of prime midseason schedule

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills Week 6 game release is available. Check it out & start getting ready for Sunday: The Buffalo Bills Weekly Game Information

BzXGw2yCEAA2p63.jpg

Chris Williams placed on injured reserve

The Bills made a pair of roster moves on Saturday, a day before their home matchup with the Patriots.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back on topic, I saw that the Pats activated a WR and a CB... anybody have insight as to why and what impact that could have?

or we can go back to talking about EJ...

i started a thread about the CB, Brandon Browner. It appears he will have a ton of impact, unfortunately. I don't know much about Tyms, the WR.

i started a thread about the CB, Brandon Browner. It appears he will have a ton of impact, unfortunately. I don't know much about Tyms, the WR.

yea Browner came from Seattle....he was solid for them, but he got suspended by the league for substance abuse and let go by seattle (if I remember correctly) - he could most definitely have an impact as one would assume he knows the defensive playbook now - unfortunate timing for us, but maybe we benefit because he will be rusty and not up to game speed

as always, this game will be won and lost on both sides of the trenches....we look to have the upper hand on both sides of the line however, with Chandler Jones still being eased back in from injury, and their DTs being NOTHING CLOSE to what we have experienced the past few weeks....maybe our OG's actually look like they are decent to bad players (rather than god awful) this week....and if I were the Patriots, I would obviously be very worried about containing our D-line, I would expect a heavy dose of two TE formations and max protects by the Patriots this weekend

Back on topic, I saw that the Pats activated a WR and a CB... anybody have insight as to why and what impact that could have?

or we can go back to talking about EJ...

yea Browner came from Seattle....he was solid for them, but he got suspended by the league for substance abuse and let go by seattle (if I remember correctly) - he could most definitely have an impact as one would assume he knows the defensive playbook now - unfortunate timing for us, but maybe we benefit because he will be rusty and not up to game speed

as always, this game will be won and lost on both sides of the trenches....we look to have the upper hand on both sides of the line however, with Chandler Jones still being eased back in from injury, and their DTs being NOTHING CLOSE to what we have experienced the past few weeks....maybe our OG's actually look like they are decent to bad players (rather than god awful) this week....and if I were the Patriots, I would obviously be very worried about containing our D-line, I would expect a heavy dose of two TE formations and max protects by the Patriots this weekend

How good is Brandon Browner?

I saw the other thread about Browner after I asked my question, oh well. I looked up Tyms a little and I don't think he'll be much of anything to worry about. He has size and speed, see Aaron Dobson, and made some acrobatic catches in preseason. Some don't expect him to play this week due to limited reps with Brady and would more likely expect to see him during the weeks 7-9 timeframe.

Fred Jackson on Kyle Orton: Good to have vet out there

Kyle Orton made plays down the field that helped lead the Buffalo Bills to a last-second road victory in Detroit.

Several of the pivotal throws Orton made in the fourth quarter were ones we hadn't seen benched quarterback EJ Manuel attempt often, let alone complete.

Running back Fred Jackson told CBS Sports Network's Jim Rome on Monday that having a veteran presence in the huddle made all the difference.

Wilfork may be over the hill, but he's nothing to sneeze at, imo.

Wilfork may be over the hill, but he's nothing to sneeze at, imo.

Especially whenever he's matched up against Pears.

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills have signed G William Campell and DT Jeremy Towns to the Practice Squad. Released TE Jamie Childers & RB Lonnie Pryor from the PS

Campbell originally entered the NFL as a sixth round pick (178th overall) of the New York Jets in the 2013 NFL Draft. The 6-4, 311 pound Michigan product did not see any action with the Jets during the 2013 season and was released prior to the start of the 2014 season. He is a native of Detroit, MI and is 23 years old.

Towns entered the NFL earlier this year as an undrafted free agent with the Washington Redskins and was released prior to the start of training camp. The 6-4, 290 pound Samford College product tallied 54 tackles, 2.5 sacks and a forced fumble during his senior collegiate campaign. He is a native of Dolomite, AL and is 25.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@fboutsiders

Any Given Sunday: #Patriots over #Bengals. The Pats find their deep passing game and Tim Wright. http://www.footballo...engals …

Good read... I noticed the major improvement in their pass protection, which kinda makes me sad. Hopefully the Bills can disrupt Brady's rhythm, as it seemed he had all day to throw at times against the Bengals.