Kyle Vs Eli

Kyle vs Eli  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel Kyle is ...

2 SB MVP's

3 Pro Bowls (Working on a 4th this season)

32 Game winning drives

11 Playoff appearances (8-3 Record, 89.3 QBR)

5 road playoff wins in the 2 SB years

35000+ passing yards career

Never missed a start in 10 years

Plaxico doesn't shoot himself and he may have had a third ring/MVP as they were the best team in football in 2008 prior to that (11-1 record).

2010: another team very close to another SB appearance

He's looking the best he ever has in this new offense...probably has 5+ years left if he stays healthy.

Eli conversation/debate will be about the HOF when all is said and done.

/Thread?

Ok but did you see Kyle Ortons one win in the last 3 years? Or his footwork compared to Jordan Palmers?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't "syndrome" usually imply something is wrong or aberrant?

only with you

What symptoms would be associated with Buffalo Barbarian syndrome?

Winning!

honestly his manerisms and the way he plays IS a lot like Eli physically. Can't compare with Eli's success albeit his superbowls and frankly winning in general are due to their defense not Eli's passing game. Again physically looks a little like him and throws like him then again we have a giant like defense.......

all true, but if i say it then it's wrong of course, just ask the ej nuthuggers

Buffalo Barbarian is possibly one of the most entertaining posters on this site.

But, back to the topic. I would take Orton, at this point, over E.Manning simply because I have not seen Manning improve in the last season or so as much as he has regressed.

you know it and I think hell just froze over :D

The extremes this board goes to after every win or loss never fails to amaze me. If we beat the Pats next week I'm guessing he'll be compared to Peyton Manning.

Sure, why not

extremes like this are common in sports. Eli seemed to hit a wall 2 seasons ago. Orton, I think, can have Eli like success on a team where, like Eli when he won the Super Bowls, has a great D and talent surrounding him. He can thrown the ball downfield with much more accuracy than EJ, and don't forget he was playing the #1 D.

That said, comparisons are fun. no need for everyone to be making fun of the Barbarian just because he wanted to trade Mario for Skelton. Everyone has had a crazy idea like that at some point.

WHEN we beat the Pats on Sunday, I fully expect and hope to see an "Orton for MVP" post. :)

Thanks

Bravo Barbarian!

You have mastered the skill to create a troll post that will be discussed for several pages and not simply dismissed out of hand.

On a forum that is a very rare skill indeed.

I don't always drink beer but when I do ...

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Another Barbarian classic. I think Eli is completely overrated and got lucky to be a SB winning QB. But come on now. Eli has 30 game winning drives in his career. Orton, inculding Sunday, has 7. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannEl00.htm http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm Orton has a career high of 21 tds for a season. Eli has done that 8 times. Also, on pro football reference, they have a cool comparison player feature. Eli is mentioned with Big Ben, Jim Kelly, and John Elway. Orton is mentioned with Fitz, Fiedler, and Tony Eason.

Orton is probably the best QB on the Bills but let's not get crazy.