If you're not proud of our Country RIGHT NOW

AKC

There is no greater pride than that I feel for our troops in Iraq right now who are making the Iraqi venture into democratic government possible. Godspeed to every one of them and may those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in this conflict be forever remembered not just by those who loved them and those who fully supported them but also may they now be embraced by those who insist they should never have been there in the first place.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread's gonna be moved...

but before it is i'd like to agree with ya <_<

i don't like speaking for other people, but i have some friends in the armed forces proudly defending america, iraqi's voting for the 1st time, and freedom in general, who would probably agree also and thank you for your support

don't quite understand why intellectual millionare old farts from MA have such a problem with this war while the high school educated rednecks from the inbred south and gangstas from the ghetto who are fighting this war seem to understand...

this thread's gonna be moved...

but before it is i'd like to agree with ya <_<

i don't like speaking for other people, but i have some friends in the armed forces proudly defending america, iraqi's voting for the 1st time, and freedom in general, who would probably agree also and thank you for your support

don't quite understand why intellectual millionare old farts from MA have such a problem with this war while the high school educated rednecks from the inbred south and gangstas from the ghetto who are fighting this war seem to understand...

222899[/snapback]

It's a disappointing phenomenon in this country- liberal elitists in the major population centers convince the residents of those same centers to keep themselves and their kids out of the military while small town America always supports our Armed Forces. In the current conflict it's our major population centers EXCLUSIVELY at threat- Middle Eastern Terrorists couldn't care about Bonesteel South Dakota while elite New York City is target #1- yet elite New York City sends the nationwide lowest percentage of Americans to the fight, instead allowing the kids from Bonesteel and other small towns to die protecting their elite centers. It's one of the great American hypocrisies- the disgusting cowardice of the loud-mouthed elite.

I offer this opinion as a former enlisted member of our armed forces, an experience that offers me a first-hand perspective of who actually serves in our volunteer forces.

It's a disappointing phenomenon in this country- liberal elitists in the major population centers convince the residents of those same centers to keep themselves and their kids out of the military while small town America always supports our Armed Forces. In the current conflict it's our major population centers EXCLUSIVELY at threat- Middle Eastern Terrorists couldn't care about Bonesteel South Dakota while elite New York City is target #1- yet elite New York City sends the nationwide lowest percentage of Americans to the fight, instead allowing the kids from Bonesteel and other small towns to die protecting their elite centers. It's one of the great American hypocrisies- the disgusting cowardice of the loud-mouthed elite.

I offer this opinion as a former enlisted member of our armed forces, an experience that offers me a first-hand perspective of who actually serves in our volunteer forces.

222904[/snapback]

Wow, good post..Never thought of it that way...

I support our men and women over their making the extreme sacrifice for a country they love that might not love them back!

Ditto for those soldiers who come back and don't like this administrations handling of it so far. They chose to give something for little in return (they get paid but not like those rich bastards working at Mickey D's).

They are MY heroes!!!

Thank you for protecting my right to speak and think as I wish as well as everyone else in this thread!

USA!!!!

it amazes me how some just don't get it. That "peachy" comment was not sarcastic. it was a-holish. But our boys and gals out there continue to ensure that it's people can continue the peachy comments we have the freedom to express.

222963[/snapback]

First this thread should be in politics, but I digress.

Just like most I respect the hell out of the sacrifices the military makes for the greater good. My problems not about the military, it’s about the mission.

I'm sorry but what have we done in the last year to defend the right you just spoke of. Free speech? Rights? How have any of America’s actions been remotely close to those goals? If anything the path we have taken has had a negative impact on Americans.

I'm just confused, just like many I have friends involved in this. I just don't understand any of it. Sometimes any decision is better then indecision, and while that philosophy may have floated at first it shouldn't anymore. Its like were stuck with our hand in the jar. Everybody knows we shouldn't be there but rather then admit that we just keep insisting its ok. Unfortunately the rest of the world won’t buy into to our sweet talk.

At least for Bush the world suffered a major catastrophe in the Tsunami. That bought him at least a couple more months to try and find a legitimate reason for any of this.

Crazy liberal Democrat signing off

Can there be a difference between politics and patriotism anymore?  I say yes.  God bless America.

222968[/snapback]

I'm not so sure they can.

I'm sure many like myself find it difficult to be patriotic when we so adamantly disagree with the actions being taken. Like I said before, I will always support the troops. To me that support has nothing to do with my patriotism or lack their of.

So many people are dieing and for what? AKC posted it was for free elections. Well if that actually held up then yes that would be a legitimate reason, the fact is it won't. Eventually we will withdraw our troops and then what? Iraq will be left in shambles with no significant military and no means to stop the next insurgent from taking power.

First we rallied around defending our country, then when we realized their was nothing being threatened. Next we rallied behind Iraq’s freedom and now their is no legitimate way to ensure that for the long term.

It's just not worth losing Americans over and it never was. What I'm saying has got beaten to death, but since the elections this MAJOR issue in our society keeps creeping below the headlines. It's frustrating, seems like nobody gives a sh-- anymore.

USA!!!!

it amazes me how some just don't get it. That "peachy" comment was not sarcastic. it was a-holish. But our boys and gals out there continue to ensure that it's people can continue the peachy comments we have the freedom to express.

222963[/snapback]

"Getting it"? Get what? Our young men serving our country with great distinction? You bet, and they deserve all our prayers, support, thanks, and aid. As a former enlisted man myself who served back in a day when this kind of support did not exist from the general population (my service began in February 1975 a few months before the fall of Siagon), this is a wonderful change in attitude.

Yet, supporting our troops has little to do with arguing whether this action taken by our current administration was right or wrong. It's not a right or left issue either. I saw neither the right or left elitists serving. They both stayed home. Who served back then (probably the same now, with few exceptions), were the middle class, the poor, but the wealthy and those of privilege were very poorly represented.

We all know all too well what history has shown and said about the Viet Nam war and I wonder how history will look back upon the Iraqi action 10, 15, 20 years down the road. Yet so not as to make this a political argument, and even though I have considerable trouble backing the current administration regarding the Iraqi action, lets all stand tall, as Americans, and not turn over backs on our young men when they return home. Let us remember their bravery and service. They deserve all of our love and support, now and especially when they come home.