I hate to be a downer but ... Robert Woods ....

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... is simply not that great of a WR. I'd call him average, and his stats support that:

- 14 games, 587 yards (42 avg), 3 TDs

- 5 games, 156 yards (31 avg), 0 TDs

As usual, the pollyannas are jumping all over anyone who says anything critical, but your assessment is mostly fair. While I do think he deserves credit for his blocking, I'd like to see his production go up now that he has a better qb throwing to him. At least we can be reasonably sure that iif he's open the QB will notice. So we'll know soon enough what kind of weapon he is.

... is simply not that great of a WR. I'd call him average, and his stats support that:

This is pretty lame.

Of all things to be concerned with you decide to start a thread about their number 3 receiver who until today has played with a below average QB and base ur entire opinion of him on his stats. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

how about judging a player by what you see with ur own eyes and not what you read in the stats column online.

Edited by Max997

Eric Moulds

year 1: 20 receptions 279 yards 2 touchdowns

year 2: 29 receptions 294 yards 0 touchdowns

year 3: 67 receptions 1368 yards 9 touchdowns

I use this example as most receivers don't do a lot in their first two seasons.

you cant possibly think Woods is the physical specimen Moulds was? Moulds a tank @ 6'2', 225lbs ... and very raw coming out of college. Woods is 2" shorter, 35 lbs lighter, and came out of USC about as polished as he could be.

Eric Moulds

year 1: 20 receptions 279 yards 2 touchdowns

year 2: 29 receptions 294 yards 0 touchdowns

year 3: 67 receptions 1368 yards 9 touchdowns

I use this example as most receivers don't do a lot in their first two seasons.

Eric Moulds is "most receivers?" And could you at least use an example from the 21st century?

then don't be a downer, its called a W. forget how they did it and move on to the Pats. W. W. W.

you cant possibly think Woods is the physical specimen Moulds was? Moulds a tank @ 6'2', 225lbs ... and very raw coming out of college. Woods is 2" shorter, 35 lbs lighter, and came out of USC about as polished as he could be.

So being shorter and lighter makes him a better WR prospect than Moulds? Go home Joe, you're drunk.

As usual, the pollyannas are jumping all over anyone who says anything critical, but your assessment is mostly fair. While I do think he deserves credit for his blocking, I'd like to see his production go up now that he has a better qb throwing to him. At least we can be reasonably sure that iif he's open the QB will notice. So we'll know soon enough what kind of weapon he is.

Mostly fair? It's not even close.

Nothing wrong with Robert Woods at all that consistent QB play won't fix. Calm yourself.

Edited by purple haze

Eric Moulds is "most receivers?" And could you at least use an example from the 21st century?

Year the player had his breakout: Last year's Pro Bowlers (ignoring the freaks)

Antonio Brown 2nd year

Dez Bryant 3rd year

Brandon Marshall 2nd year

Alshon Jeffery 2nd year

The point is that there has to be patience amongst young players. As also mentioned, one has to take into account that 19 games into Woods career, he has caught the ball from 4 different QB's and is clearly a #2 or #3 option. As a second rounder, the expectations should not be at the same level as Sammy Watkins.

Year the player had his breakout: Last year's Pro Bowlers (ignoring the freaks)

Antonio Brown 2nd year

Dez Bryant 3rd year

Brandon Marshall 2nd year

Alshon Jeffery 2nd year

The point is that there has to be patience amongst young players. As also mentioned, one has to take into account that 19 games into Woods career, he has caught the ball from 4 different QB's and is clearly a #2 or #3 option. As a second rounder, the expectations should not be at the same level as Sammy Watkins.

2nd rounders have high expectations ... especially @41st overall. The consensus around here is that he's great, never hear the slightest utterance of criticism ... and Im just not seeing it. Consider this: if Woods were all he's cracked up to be, would Bills trade away a 1st for another WR? No.... they wait and take a Beckham or Benjamin. IMO coaches knew something about Woods most fans don't ... he's pretty average

2nd rounders have high expectations ... especially @41st overall. The consensus around here is that he's great, never hear the slightest utterance of criticism ... and Im just not seeing it. Consider this: if Woods were all he's cracked up to be, would Bills trade away a 1st for another WR? No.... they wait and take a Beckham or Benjamin. IMO coaches knew something about Woods most fans don't ... he's pretty average

The Bills trading up for Watkins a potential star had ZERO to do with Woods