Recasted 2014/15 Record - Why the excitement for Orton?

Kipers Hair

I have Orton starting less than 4 games.

EJ or Kyle the record won't change much either way.

EJ evaded 2 if not 3 sacks Sunday. Orton would have been killed.

If nothing else Orton is very good at pre snap recognition and getting the ball out of his hands quickly. This should definitely help the O LIne look better ( kind of like Fitzy did).

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if they win the division, if they are still a bad football team?

I guess it's nice, but I would be more impressed if they were really good, but came in 2nd to a great Pats, Jets, or Dolphins team. At least then I would know they were headed in the right direction.

Maybe if the Pats are through, it will be easier to get a good Head Coach here.

I don't think I will ever understand this train of thought.

I did not have faith that we could go 8-8 with EJ. I had us winning six games again. If Orton can keep his head straight, I see 8-8.

I don't want to lose the rest of the team by keeping EJ in there. Watkins is the favorite son now and needs to be nurtured.

I don't think I will ever understand this train of thought.

It's not hard. I want the team to be able to compete against the best teams in the league, and I'm not impressed by winning a crappy division by default.

Dancing around because they made the playoffs (the Browns made the playoffs a few years ago with a complete crap team, and promptly went right back to failing) is silly if the team isn't good. By the time they will likely have a shot at an above average QB, the roster will be different. Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Fred Jackson...these guys are on the downside.

One of eithe r the Cardinals or the Seahawks are going to place 2nd in that division, are the Bills better than either one of them? Which teams have a brighter future?

Edited by HoF Watkins

It's not hard. I want the team to be able to compete against the best teams in the league, and I'm not impressed by winning a crappy division by default.

Dancing around because they made the playoffs (the Browns made the playoffs a few years ago with a complete crap team, and promptly went right back to failing) is silly if the team isn't good.

You'd be happy with year 15 of no playoffs if you felt the team was "making progress"? Like I said, I don't understand it at all. You don't have to be impressed by winning a crappy division, you can just enjoy seeing the Bills play in a game that matters in January.

Man..one playoff game would make me jizz all over Brazil!

Imagine the Build up the players have? Im talking about FJ22, KW95, MW94, Mclovin21. These guys have never sniffed a playoff game in their careers!

Get ready to explode Buffalo Bills fans!

Edited by PO'14

You'd be happy with year 15 of no playoffs if you felt the team was "making progress"? Like I said, I don't understand it at all. You don't have to be impressed by winning a crappy division, you can just enjoy seeing the Bills play in a game that matters in January.

Of course I'll enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I will automatically be happy with the team's future prospects. I want more than a playoff appearance, I want to see a solid organization, with a plan, and good pieces in place. A drubbing at the hands of the Chargers or some other top team in a playoff game won't make me happy. If it doesn't feel like they have something to build on, it's just a lucky roll of the dice in a bad division.

Edited by HoF Watkins

H2o - If that is true - that just might win the division. Ask you - is EJ a factor in any of those 7 wins or have we seen the last of him this year?

Only if there is an injury. I got Orton going 7-5 as a starter with this defense carrying him along the way. Honestly, EJ should be 3-1 right now if it were not for his lapses on the field. Anyone who says otherwise and makes up other excuses is in denial.

Of course I'll enjoy it, but that doesn't mean I will automatically be happy with the team's future prospects. I want more than a playoff appearance, I want to see a solid organization, with a plan, and good pieces in place. A drubbing at the hands of the Chargers or some other top team in a playoff game won't make me happy.

The only teams with a plan are the teams that have the best QB's in the league.

If the Bills make the playoffs, you are invited to the Jizz Fest!

Who cares if they win the division, if they are still a bad football team?

I guess it's nice, but I would be more impressed if they were really good, but came in 2nd to a great Pats, Jets, or Dolphins team.

Step away from the keyboard.

I don't know if you guys were around for the Super Bowl years. I was, and I was also around for the 1980 Bills playoff season. They were actually good in 1980, but sucked for years after that. It wasn't gratifying.

IM getting old when I see these comments. I was there for the 0-4!

I don't know if you guys were around for the Super Bowl years. I was, and I was also around for the 1980 Bills playoff season. They were actually good in 1980, but sucked for years after that. It wasn't gratifying.

I was, and after 14 years this team needs to make the playoffs. Doesn't matter if they make it at 9-7 or 13-3 at this point. What you're suggesting is insane.

NO, it's insane to think any team with Kyle Orton at QB, no 1st pick next season, and no real prospects for a QB in sight, is in a good place just because they play in the weakest division in the NFL.

Yeah that home playoff game after 14 years of zip would really be a drag

I said I would enjoy it, but would PREFER that they were actually one of the top teams in the league, and not just falling into the playoffs because the division sucks. I would switch places with the Seahawks or Cardinals or even the 49ers...2 of those teams won't win the division, yet the Cardinals and Seahawks are definitely top teams in the league. Better situation.

For me, it's about actually being a good team that can compete for a championship.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I do wonder, with Orton, will all the freeze option we "run", but never option into a keeper be scrapped? I mean, Orton is not a runner and running the freeze will be stupid...or even more so than the freeze Manuel runs but never keeps... (My passive aggressive jab at Hackett...).

Hey everyone! Been awhile since I logged in...nice to see that everyone has kept level heads on both sides of this debate.

What I hope to get out of this switch....1. A ball thrown on a crossing pattern in front of the receiver and above the knees.

2. A ball thrown on a button or curl route to the player and not over their head or at their feet.

3. A ball thrown (and this one is a bit more of a stretch) on a go route that isn't 3 yards out of bounds or 10 yards in front of the receiver.

All of these things I feel EJ did horribly the last two games and regardless of pressure on him. If Orton can do this...they might be ok.

If he can't....who the hell cares which one is in there.

Be good all Go Buffalo!

NO, it's insane to think any team with Kyle Orton at QB, no 1st pick next season, and no real prospects for a QB in sight, is in a good place just because they play in the weakest division in the NFL.

I said I would enjoy it, but would PREFER that they were actually one of the top teams in the league, and not just falling into the playoffs because the division sucks. I would switch places with the Seahawks or Cardinals or even the 49ers...2 of those teams won't win the division, yet the Cardinals and Seahawks are definitely top teams in the league. Better situation.

For me, it's about actually being a good team that can compete for a championship.

Who are you arguing against here? I'm not claiming that the Bills backing into the playoffs would mean they're set for the future. I don't think anyone else is, either. But at this point in terms of players on the roster, future draft picks, etc., what's done is done. The Bills will not be in an appreciably better position if they go 4-12, so why not enjoy the possibilities for this season and let the future unfold at its own pace?