Why is the rest of the offense getting a pass?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait...people are actually defending EJ after that performance? God, this is just sad.

I may have missed a post here or there in all these pages but I don't see much too much of a defense of EJ being mounted.

Instead, it seems most people are saying the rest of the offense should get a share of the responsibility (blame?) for their part in an over all terrible performance.

A couple of players and a couple of plays aside, there wasn't a whole going right when Bflo had the ball.

And if Sammy doesn't have those two early drops, maybe the offense gets in a rhythm and the entire game is different.

We'll never know, of course, but it's a funny thing how things play out when you consider the difference one or two seemingly innocent plays could potentially have on an entire game.

come on... the one was 2nd and 7 and he dropped it 4 yards down field -- if you are going to point to that as a "who knows" you have to point to about 2 dozen throws that if they hit a guy in stride couldve been a game changer.

he played an awful game -- you can concede that and it doesnt mean hes terrible and needs to be benched TODAY.

Edited by NoSaint

My take on the analogy is that the kitchen fire caused or at least exposed other problems. You don't need to know your fire extinguisher is empty if there's no fire. You don't need a fire hydrant if there's no fire.

Other problems like Chandler really not being that great and having to lean on four seriously green players in Richardson, Henderson, Woods and Watkins? I'll accept that. Falls under my prior assertion that EJ has to be perfect to overcome them when they're having bad days. They had bad days, he couldn't over come them. The kitchen fire spread quickly.

I may have missed a post here or there in all these pages but I don't see much too much of a defense of EJ being mounted.

Instead, it seems most people are saying the rest of the offense should get a share of the responsibility (blame?) for their part in an over all terrible performance.

A couple of players and a couple of plays aside, there wasn't a whole going right when Bflo had the ball.

Correct, and it's the same damn thing players on the offensive side of the ball are saying:

buffalobills

Chandler: "(EJ Manuel) made some great throws and we didn't help him out (as a receiving group)." #teamgame

buffalobills

.@EWood70: "Everyone wants to point at the QB ... It's not fair at times. We have to be better around him" pic.twitter.com/Kn2D9KTz9s

I don't think anyone can defend EJ for that performance yesterday nor have they tried to. Last week we were beaten by an all-round better football team. Yesterday we played a team we shouldbe beating, our defense bar one coverage mistake played a great game and we were beaten by our inability to execute on offense. That begins for me with the Quarterback and he made the critical mistake that turned the game. However, you have to look at everything else too. I think Hackett should have been MORE conservative not less yesterday. I don't know why EJ was trying a pass play in that situation. You have a defense that is shutting them down, a running game that is havign some success, Fitz has just thrown his second pick the home crowd are booing, Fitz has head in hands near full meltdown face on... and you have a kicker who is all but automoatic. Run the ball. Run the ball and then run the ball again if you get a first down - great, if you don't let Carpetner do his thing, keep the Texans 6 points away and say to Fitz "go on then try and make the plays to beat us".

EJ was bad. The O-line in pass protection was useless and the play calling was flat out dumb. Play situational football, help your young QB if we had to win an ugly 16-10 game yesterday we should have been willing to do that.

Ah the I told you so guy. Go find your posts and links or it didn't happen.

I had a lot of fun looking at old posts to find some links for this...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/145020-preemptive-draft-complaint-thread/page__st__20

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/167567-official-1st-round-discussion-thread-non-bills/page__st__60