The Season is hardly over...but....

Kellyto83TD

Is it me or are most bash EJ threads written by old white men? I like EJs game yesterday outside of a few bad reads which EVERY QB makes.

Remember in SB 25 Belichick put 8 men in coverage & Kelly had to throw a ton of checkdowns & draws to Thurman. The Chargers took away our run game and press covered our young WRs & they stunted their DLine and collapsed the pocket on EJ.

Our young team folded like a cheap suit.

This is the NFL.

It wouldn't be a shocker if an element of this rings true. But who would have the stones to admit to it?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or are most bash EJ threads written by old white men? I like EJs game yesterday outside of a few bad reads which EVERY QB makes.

Remember in SB 25 Belichick put 8 men in coverage & Kelly had to throw a ton of checkdowns & draws to Thurman. The Chargers took away our run game and press covered our young WRs & they stunted their DLine and collapsed the pocket on EJ.

This is the NFL.

How can you tell what color they are? And what are you getting at?

It wouldn't be a shocker if an element of this rings true. But who would have the stones to admit to it?

Would they be the same ones who praise Russell Wilson or think Geno may have a brighter future? The ones who thought that Tarvaris got a raw deal in Buffalo? Thought that Tuel had no business being ahead of Lewis? Those grumpy old white men?

This is the NFL.

It is definetly you. What BS and please clarify your point on "old white men" for the uneducated masses

How can you tell what color they are? And what are you getting at?

Listen to poor Sal on WGR after a loss. My dad, brother, friends. They say nothing good about EJ when we win, but it's his fault when we lose. It is convenient to blame it all on EJ. This is the minority 25% on TBD that want Orton starting.

I love the inherent irony of suggesting racism may be at the heart of the EJ criticism while in the same sentence marginalizing another segment of the population. It occurs to me that barring an untimely death or sudden spike in melanin that one day I will be old and white. For my edification, at what point do my views become invalid?

This is the NFL.

I hope to god you can tip me of on how you know this. It would be fascinating to hear your theory.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

I love the inherent irony of suggesting racism may be at the heart of the EJ criticism while in the same sentence marginalizing another segment of the population. It occurs to me that barring an untimely death or sudden spike in melanin that one day I will be old and white. For my edification, at what point do my views become invalid?

Oh, J, your views became invalid years ago. :nana:

So kind of like projecting a small minority of instances to paint a full picture?

Kind of like saying EJ is improving because he threw 5 good passes this year.

It's not my argument and there's no way to know who holds any of these views unless someone self identifies. I'm not going to debate a hypothetical because it's not my argument. But again, it wouldn't shock me if some people were anti-EJ because of what Dean Cain posted.

It's not my argument and there's no way to know who holds any of these views unless someone self identifies. I'm not going to debate a hypothetical because it's not my argument. But again, it wouldn't shock me if some people were anti-EJ because of what Dean Cain posted.

But you did jump to the defense of a ridiculously obtuse argument.

Listen to poor Sal on WGR after a loss. My dad, brother, friends. They say nothing good about EJ when we win, but it's his fault when we lose. It is convenient to blame it all on EJ. This is the minority 25% on TBD that want Orton starting.

That's your evidence? No offense, but that's about the flimsiest argument that I've seen to support a premise in quite some time. The only thing interesting about your post is that you apparently were trying to tell us something about the anti-EJ crowd, but instead you unintentionally told us so much more about yourself.