Texans vs. Giants

I was at the Giants/Texans game today:

The Texans were not very impressive. The margin of victory could have easily been 10 points higher (Giants fumbled at the 3 yard line after driving 80 yards, Giants muffed a FG snap on a short attempt)

The Giants were able to run the ball at will using Jennings through the middle of their D and to the edges. Jennings had 170+ yards. The holes were truck size, the cutback lanes were open all day….the GMen do not have a particularly good OL. We should be able to do the same if not more with our backs. Spiller could have taken 3 of Jennings runs to the house today. Sensed no dominance in the front 7 after Watt. Gmen were running to his side most of the day and using a TE/OT double team.

The Giants were able to spread the ball around in the passing game - Eli was west coast dinking and dunking all over them with high % short routes and getting YAC - Texans gave up a lot of the underneath and played simple vanilla-ish zones, rushed 4...not much blitzing. Giants were successful in crossing routes and drag routes similar to Sammy's TD catch last week. I cannot wait to see our WR's turned loose against their D. We should get opportunities to showcase our WR's.

Eli's suspect OL gave up an early sack to Watt. After that, GMen adjusted and Eli had all day to pass. If Watt is handled, they have little else in the way of a pass rush.

Texans did not have Foster today. Back up RB's did little and do not scare me. Texans called Run/Run Pass until they got behind. GMen were stuffing the runs up the middle on 1st/2nd down. Gmen pass rush and Fitz's noodle arm made for a 2-12 3rd down conversion rate. Our DL trumps the GMen + Mario should be jacked to play his old mates. I fully expect to see the Amish noodle running for his life.

The Texans got behind and had to throw - and we all know what it's like to put the fate of a game in Fitz arm. Makes sound decisions, can be elusive, but does not have the arm…you know…it's Fitz. His first pick was a rainbow arc throw that 98.7% of the TBD readership could have played in the air. Just awful. Got a little hot after a 2nd have adjustment to the game plan…He threw an absolutely beautiful ball to DeAndre Hopkins (who is probably the only threat at WR - Andre looking pedestrian today) for a TD..but also threw the costly 4th Q pick. Our opportunistic DB's should get some shots.

This was probably the best game of the year for the Giants secondary so some credit goes there - but with our pass rush and Noodles McGee at QB - I cannot see a big day for the Texans WR's vs. us.

Maybe Houston comes home and finds a way to rally off of a poor game, but they are cut and bleeding. No reason we should show any mercy when we visit. We're a better team. They sure ain't the Chargers.

Go Bills!!

I was at the Giants/Texans game today:

The Texans were not very impressive. The margin of victory could have easily been 10 points higher (Giants fumbled at the 3 yard line after driving 80 yards, Giants muffed a FG snap on a short attempt)

The Giants were able to run the ball at will using Jennings through the middle of their D and to the edges. Jennings had 170+ yards. The holes were truck size, the cutback lanes were open all day….the GMen do not have a particularly good OL. We should be able to do the same if not more with our backs. Spiller could have taken 3 of Jennings runs to the house today. Sensed no dominance in the front 7 after Watt. Gmen were running to his side most of the day and using a TE/OT double team.

The Giants were able to spread the ball around in the passing game - Eli was west coast dinking and dunking all over them with high % short routes and getting YAC - Texans gave up a lot of the underneath and played simple vanilla-ish zones, rushed 4...not much blitzing. Giants were successful in crossing routes and drag routes similar to Sammy's TD catch last week. I cannot wait to see our WR's turned loose against their D. We should get opportunities to showcase our WR's.

Eli's suspect OL gave up an early sack to Watt. After that, GMen adjusted and Eli had all day to pass. If Watt is handled, they have little else in the way of a pass rush.

Texans did not have Foster today. Back up RB's did little and do not scare me. Texans called Run/Run Pass until they got behind. GMen were stuffing the runs up the middle on 1st/2nd down. Gmen pass rush and Fitz's noodle arm made for a 2-12 3rd down conversion rate. Our DL trumps the GMen + Mario should be jacked to play his old mates. I fully expect to see the Amish noodle running for his life.

The Texans got behind and had to throw - and we all know what it's like to put the fate of a game in Fitz arm. Makes sound decisions, can be elusive, but does not have the arm…you know…it's Fitz. His first pick was a rainbow arc throw that 98.7% of the TBD readership could have played in the air. Just awful. Got a little hot after a 2nd have adjustment to the game plan…He threw an absolutely beautiful ball to DeAndre Hopkins (who is probably the only threat at WR - Andre looking pedestrian today) for a TD..but also threw the costly 4th Q pick. Our opportunistic DB's should get some shots.

This was probably the best game of the year for the Giants secondary so some credit goes there - but with our pass rush and Noodles McGee at QB - I cannot see a big day for the Texans WR's vs. us.

Maybe Houston comes home and finds a way to rally off of a poor game, but they are cut and bleeding. No reason we should show any mercy when we visit. We're a better team. They sure ain't the Chargers.

Go Bills!!

You're right they're not the Chargers, and they don't have EJ something something something. Every thread has had EJ mentioned and blamed. Gotta do my part to keep it up.

But on a serious note, you did say the Giants adjusted. So that gives me great concern. The Bills don't adjust anything.