Interesting that most free agent Bills

jahnyc

Ironically enough, three Bills free agents that did well with their new teams came from what has become the weakest group on the Bills.

Will Wolford (Steelers), Glenn Parker (Chiefs/Giants) and Dusty Ziegler (Giants - a bit of a reach but he played well for them before getting injured and retiring after two years starting at C).

Ironically enough, three Bills free agents that did well with their new teams came from what has become the weakest group on the Bills. 

Will Wolford (Steelers), Glenn Parker (Chiefs/Giants) and Dusty Ziegler (Giants - a bit of a reach but he played well for them before getting injured and retiring after two years starting at C).

222238[/snapback]

Glenn Parker was a very good, underappreciated player. I believe he had a battle with melanoma a few years ago... hope he is doing well.

Glenn Parker was a very good, underappreciated player. I believe he had a battle with melanoma a few years ago... hope he is doing well.

222246[/snapback]

Parker's good - he's on the NFL Network's Playbook program. He does a good job too.

I always thought the Bills made a mistake in letting him go.

Nate Odomes and Jeff Buris come to mind. I think Odomes left and went to Seattle and I think Buris went to Indy. Both were pretty much never heard from again.

I also Remember early in the Donahoe days when he basically cut the whole team. Most didn't do much after they left Buffalo

A few I remember:

John Holecek

Sam Rogers

Henry Jones

Parker's good - he's on the NFL Network's Playbook program. He does a good job too.

I always thought the Bills made a mistake in letting him go.

222252[/snapback]

Thanks for the update. I met him once... looked lika Hell's Angel but was very bright and articulate. Glad he got past the cancer.

Ralph never should have let Ron McDole slip away to the Skins.

Here's a quick list I can think of in no particular order of former Bills (most, but not all were originally Bills) who went on to play another day elsewhere.

Joe Cribbs

Pete Gogolak

Ethan Albright

Lucious Sanford

Joe DeLamielleure

Daryle Lamonica

Ray Bentley

Eugene Marve

Sean McNanie

Steve Christie

Will Wolford

Greg "Tinker" Bell

Bryce Fisher

DouggleAss Floutie

Fat Freddie Smerlas

I think McDole had the most impact of any of this group with perhaps the exception of Wolford. He played quite awhile for Indy and then Pittzbug. He was stolen away in his prime, in his prime.

Oh how I'd love to add the name Drew Bledsoe to this list! <_<

Don't forget Don Beebe who left the Bills after participating in (and losing unfortunately) a bunch of SBs with the Bills (including Leon Lett making him a noted player) and finally won one as a member of the Packers I believe.

I'n not sure if he was an FA or how he left.

I think the ultimate test of whether you did well after you were a Bill is wether you were on an SB winning team and in particular whether you were a contributor to that team.

I think the ultimate irony (testimonny?) to post Bills not having a huge impact is that there has been no one who comes to mind who played a role for a team similar to the massive role to the team and recognized achievement in the league that anyone played for an SB winner which is at a level that a Bryce Paup played here after we made an excellent FA investmemt in him to steal him from GB.

With good assessment, good salesperson ship, and good deal making it is possible to get an FA from elsewhere who has the post FA achievements of a Paup, or makes the Pro Bowl like Spikes, or plays the pivotal role that the Rodney Harrison acquisition plays right now for the Pats.

Another ex-Bill who made the SB was one of our reserve DL players who went to SD in the year they went to the SB, but I forget his name. I think he might have actually set a record for NFL SB appearances by even making another stop that resulted in reaching the SB with 4 here, 1 in SD and another, but hte memory grows foggy.

The free agents we lost that went on to have some success were: Ted Washington, Will Wolford, Glenn Parker, Don Beebe, & Mike Lodish.

IMO the bigeest free agent bust the Bills ever acquired was Joe Panos.

Whatever happened to Leon Seals?

Interesting to read about and see the poor production from P. Price the last couple of years.  It seems that many of our free agents that have left over the recent years have not been particularly productive with their new teams.  P. Price, M. Wiley, T. Smith and S. Cowart are prime examples.  There are exceptions.  A. Winfield had a good year, Ted Washington (he was waived) played well for a couple of years, as did A. Smith.

I wonder if our experience is consistent with that of other teams.  It seems that many of the free agents that we have acquired, such at Fletcher, Spikes and Sam Adams, have met or exceeded expectations.  Teague, Villarail and Posey have come close to meeting expectations.  Overall, not too many recent real "dud" free agent acquisitions by the Bills.

221821[/snapback]

I resent that!

RJ won a Super Bowl!