[closed]Preliminary Hall of Fame 2015 Ballot Released - Numerous Bills

Kelly the Dog

Though I doubt any make it in this year. Still, of 99 players and 14 coaches, the franchise is well represented.

Our guys include...

Kent Hull

Fred Smerlas

Ted Washington

Cornileus Bennett

Darryl Talley

Chris Speilman*

Troy Vincent*

Steve Tasker ST/WR

Tom Flores*

Chuck Knox

Lou Saban

Marty Schottenheimer*

*Played on or coached the Bills but majority of success elsewhere.

Whole list...

http://profootballta...llot-announced/

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I would say the days of regularily seeing Bills players going to the Hall are over for the foreseeable future. The only one on that list that is even worthy of serious consideration is Tasker. I see him going the route traveled by Ray Guy. He will eventually go in but it will be a long time down the road. Just as Guy was the first punter ever to be elected, Tasker will be, and deserves to be, the first special teamer to go in. But he will be made to wait just as long as Guy waited.

Edited by Mr. T

Hull and Tasker are both deserving. The other guys were good but not great. Tasker literally changed the game. Hull anchored the line that helped Jim, Thurman, and Andre get to Canton.

Tasker also has the extra benefit of being an active and prominent game analyst for one of the networks. It is the hall of FAME and not merely Hall of play and Tasker in essence gets a commercial for voters every week and gets a chance to be a good guy and glad hander across the country. The hoF is in the end a popularity contest between many guys who deserve to be in and little things of little consequence to those who focus on stats play a role. The Bills are rolling sevens with the sale to Pegula, Jimbo's recovery, a nice induction of Reed catching a pass from Kelly, the inducdtion of an ST guy in Ray Guy and actually with a likely need for a feel good episode after the Rice/Peterson/et al. story.

I will not be shocked to see Tasker go in next year.

This is freaking awesome that so many Buffalo Bills are finally getting recognition.

I'm really pulling for Tasker, Hull, and hopefully the others get the nod in the future. Tasker 7x pro bowls, and MVP of the pro bowl, and like others have pointed out he literally changed the way the special teams were played.

These sports writers forget that special teams is 1/3 of the game, and Tasker helped changed the momentum of many games by himself.