In Chicago for the game:

Going to Chicago with a couple of college buddies (1 Bills fan + me, 2 Bears fans) to watch one of the big college football games as well as obviously the Bills game. Tickets have finally started to drop a bit (at least on Craigslist) but I don't think I will be able to get my friends to jump in unless the unlikely chance that they fall around the $80 range.

Anyways my question is between the 2 Bill Backers bars which one suits the younger crowd more (assuming Delilah's) and bouncing off that what would be a good time to head over there to ensure that we have a spot come game time.

Looking forward to the weekend and appreciate the responses in advance.

they are both well attended by a similar crowd. Ages tend to the young to mid 30's. Plus you can walk from one to the other if you don't like the scene. LS has decent wings and Delilahs allows you to order out around the corner and bring it in. Both worth a look see and definitely fun on game day!

Another related question...I am coming in from out of town to watch the Bills beat the Bears.....

How are the Chicago Fans? Should I be prepared for smack talk or are they fairly nice?

Any suggestion on tailgating? Should I just go to the Bills Backer Bar or is the park lot fun?

Thanks!

Be careful. You can't paint with too broad of a brush, but you will run into the morons who only know two seasons, pre and regular. I go with Bears fans to the tailgate and have no problems but I have seen some nastiness during Packers and Vikings games. Use your head and a bit of WNY charm and you should be fine.

Guys,

Check out this thread.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/169157-chicago-week-one/page__st__60__gopid__3235224#entry3235224

There is a (now) Bills-only party on Saturday from 7-10 p.m.

Few of us will be going there again on Sunday to watch the game also.

Thanx to The Big Cat for putting this together. RSVP for the Saturday event if you want to ensure getting in.

Going to Chicago with a couple of college buddies (1 Bills fan + me, 2 Bears fans) to watch one of the big college football games as well as obviously the Bills game. Tickets have finally started to drop a bit (at least on Craigslist) but I don't think I will be able to get my friends to jump in unless the unlikely chance that they fall around the $80 range.

Anyways my question is between the 2 Bill Backers bars which one suits the younger crowd more (assuming Delilah's) and bouncing off that what would be a good time to head over there to ensure that we have a spot come game time.

Looking forward to the weekend and appreciate the responses in advance.

I actually started the whole Buffalo thing at Lincoln Station so I may be a little biased towards that one.....

Bears fans can be as drunk & rowdy as Buffalo fans, or civilized regular people- depending on where you're sitting. There's a huge difference between the lower level seats and the seats up at the top on the high side of the stadium. Nobody who pays $300 for a ticket is there to be a jackass, but somebody in the nosebleeds may be. For the most part, you're far less likely to get in a fight for wearing the wrong jersey in Chicago than in Buffalo, mainly due to the much higher prices keeping most of the riff-raff out.

Back in the 90s, I attended Bears games on X-mas Eve 2 years in a row. Both games, I saw somebody dressed as Santa get beat up by drunks. I've been in Chicago my whole life, and attended 20+ Bears games. It's more civilized nowadays though.

I don't have any answers to the questions that were asked but I just would like to wish you guys a nice trip and bring us back a WIN!

Please don't be afraid to let the players know that they have Bills fans in the stadium. I would say to definitely wear the home jerseys so the blue stands out. If you go with the white, it'll just blend in with Bear fans.

Yep. We're at 207 RSVP's right now for a bar that can only hold 200 people.

So...yeah. :flirt:

Also, here's all you need to know: Lincoln Station has a kitchen and projects the game on a wall and has places to sit.

Delilah's is crammed, there's one or two ****ty TV's and you have to order delivery from some place else.

It's different strokes for different folks. I understand the preferences for both spots.

To

To either of the Bills bars on Sunday (I was assuming they would be pretty packed)

11:30 at the latest, I'd suggest. 11:00 to be safe.

Another related question...I am coming in from out of town to watch the Bills beat the Bears.....

How are the Chicago Fans? Should I be prepared for smack talk or are they fairly nice?

Any suggestion on tailgating? Should I just go to the Bills Backer Bar or is the park lot fun?

Thanks!

In the power rankings of douche bag fans, Chicago might sneak into the top 10.

The last time Bills game to Soldier Field (2006, Bears en route to NFC Champs, we got crushed), my buddy got thrown into the holding cells in the Soldier Field basement.

Thanks!

I went in 2006.

I've been to 14 NFL stadiums.

I don't think Chicago fans see the Bills as a threat. They were mostly impressed there were so many Bills fans there. They said they usually only see that type of visitor presence for Vikes and Packers.

There was a lot of good to Richard Headed ribbing going on in the stadium.

The Bills got pounded so the fans were just happy.

I could see them turning into violent A-holes if the Bills turn the tables.

Anyway that is my take on the situation. As long as you're not a complete A-hole yourself you should be good IMO.

(Jacksonville so far was the only place I've seen just crazy violent fans for no reason at all.)

Yep. We're at 207 RSVP's right now for a bar that can only hold 200 people.

So...yeah. :flirt:

Also, here's all you need to know: Lincoln Station has a kitchen and projects the game on a wall and has places to sit.

Delilah's is crammed, there's one or two ****ty TV's and you have to order delivery from some place else.

It's different strokes for different folks. I understand the preferences for both spots.

11:30 at the latest, I'd suggest. 11:00 to be safe.

Thanks Big Cat! Lincoln Station it is.

Thanks Big Cat! Lincoln Station it is.

:thumbsup:

All fellow TBDers that will be in Chicago this weekend... Stop over and say hello to myself and Mrs. Cletus... We will more than likely hit up LS tonight for the game and Saturday for sure... About to board in Pittsburgh now... We are hoping to score tickets at the field...

See you on Saturday !

Not sure- getting CTA pass at orange line now.... I do know that it's hotter than 2 girls f%$&@ing

Where are you?

I'm in Buffalo but I lived in Chicago for 12 years. My roommate from college started Lincoln Station and he is from Cleveland. The Browns had moved from Cleveland so I said if I can get 50 people from Buffalo to show up opening day, will you make this a Bills Sabres bar. Sure enough, about 100 people were there that day and every game since. Then the Sabres went on their Cup run and the place was packed every other night for about 3 months. He always told me that the reason LS made it was because of the Buffalonians!

He has since sold the place but my fandom claim to fame will always be the reason Lincoln Station is the Buffalo bar it is today - - too funny

I'm in Buffalo but I lived in Chicago for 12 years. My roommate from college started Lincoln Station and he is from Cleveland. The Browns had moved from Cleveland so I said if I can get 50 people from Buffalo to show up opening day, will you make this a Bills Sabres bar. Sure enough, about 100 people were there that day and every game since. Then the Sabres went on their Cup run and the place was packed every other night for about 3 months. He always told me that the reason LS made it was because of the Buffalonians!

He has since sold the place but my fandom claim to fame will always be the reason Lincoln Station is the Buffalo bar it is today - - too funny

Awesome!!!

very OT, but i was going to suggest an hour or so at the Wild Hare in Wrigleyville, a place I spent many a night in when i lived in Chicago in the mid eighties. Great reggae bar with always live music.

Now i see they have run into some trouble after moving to Lincoln Park :cry:

anoter part of my youth....gone!

very OT, but i was going to suggest an hour or so at the Wild Hare in Wrigleyville, a place I spent many a night in when i lived in Chicago in the mid eighties. Great reggae bar with always live music.

Schubas always had great live music when I lived there...Great part of town there too...in Lakeview

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Yeah Wild Hare in Wrigleyville shut down like two years ago. It attracted an...interesting...crowd.