EJ Pre-season was a hoax

TheBackupQB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or how about EJ.... we are not going to play you with Woods! a guy you have great chemistry with, and looked great in practice with, a guy your comfortable with...for Hogan.... signs are there

Or how about EJ.... we are not going to play you with Woods! a guy you have great chemistry with, and looked great in practice with, a guy your comfortable with...for Hogan.... signs are there

you're going to be the third string QB if you keep this up.

I don't know about the word hoax but I definitely don't believe that's the same product we'll see at Soldier Field.

You have to take it for what it is. Tuel and Thad looked bad in preseason and lost their jobs because of it. So there HAS to be some reality to how EJ has looked. Now on the other hand, could it have been plays EJ isn't comfortable with? Could it have been Hackett seeing for sure for sure if they should throw that play out by testing to see if it really isn't EJ's strength play? Sure.

We can't look at the 1st string defense and say they're gonna be awesome cuz of how they played in preseason and then contradict ourselves by saying EJ and the offense will be great cuz preseason was just a hoax. Doesn't work that way.

There are many factors that play into the strategy of game planning and the end result is that the offense and the defense combined will look different in the regular season than which they looked during the preseason.

I hope the defense stays stagnant and raises the intensity up and the offense has nowhere else to go but up compared to the preseason.

I'll tell you what, the OP's theory isn't too far off from the probable truth. Marrone likely took a page out of Marv's playbook, realizing that nothing that happened in the preseason meant anything, other than making sure your good players stay healthy and the season ticket holders get their invoice. Not complainin', just observin".