Jason Peters to NFL-Europe?

LabattBlue

During TD's tenure here, I believe he has typically signed 5 guys off the street and sent them over to NFLE. Based on this, I don't think it would happen, but wouldn't Jason Peters be an ideal candidate for NFLE? Regardless of position he is going to play(OT or TE), I doubt he would have to come back here in the fall and be a starter, so I wouldn't worry about him being burned out.

I think that John Guy, Modrak, TD and the talent side of the house have always seen NFL-E as a place to stick guys that they want to take the proverbial "flyer" on...guys that they have seen at an open tryout, in one of the Arena Leagues or cut from a practice squad that might make it. The thought is to see once again, how they play against live talent and see if their skills are improving.

I don't think they have ever used it as a developmental league, ie taking a player off the roster who is a developing talent or learning an new position and using the spring league to develop that talent or learn the position. I gather that the Bills thinking is that their own coach's time with a player in the offseason focusing on the Bills system is a more productive development scheme.

If he is going to play a big role next year on our team, then the answer is NO.

The reason is, he would be too tired to last the whole NFL season, as

training camp will begin right after NFLE will end. If he is going to be just a

role player, then it will be really ideal.

Remember, the 1st year for Moorman. He came from NFLE and by the

10th game, his legs had tired and only in his 2nd seaons, he could show his

true power.

During TD's tenure here, I believe he has typically signed 5 guys off the street and sent them over to NFLE.  Based on this, I don't think it would happen, but wouldn't Jason Peters be an ideal candidate for NFLE?  Regardless of position he is going to play(OT or TE), I doubt he would have to come back here in the fall and be a starter, so I wouldn't worry about him being burned out.

220307[/snapback]

i would love to see it happen.......the guy needs experience and he'd learn more over there then he would by sticking in buffalo for the spring......

another guy i'd like to see in NFLE is ritzmann.......i still think he has potential to be a situational pass rusher.........

Personally I don't want a guy who is as talented and as raw as he is being tutored and coached by an OL coach in NFLE. I would rather have him in Buffalo with McNally. It's different if he were, say, a DE or a RB. But there are techniques that need to be taught and practiced and learned essential to an OL and I don't want him developing bad habits that he has to lose and then relearn all over again. Plus, as someone said earlier, his body may wear down. I don't think he goes, nor want him to. Ritzman, however, seems like a good choice.