Bills 2nd worst team to play for---player poll

have you ever been to Jacksonville?

:lol: Really.

Fortunately there are some very nice areas not too far away. Ponte Vedra, St Augustine, etc.

For most purposes, 1/√N where N is the sample size is a reasonable estimation for margin of error. So for 82 people responding that makes about 11% which isn't too horrible generally.

So what that means is since the Bills came in at 19% in the survey there is a 95% probability that between 8 and 30% of the players in the NFL feel this way.

This assumes, of course, that the distribution of the players surveyed is reasonable.

The sample size is small. And I think the question is whether the sample size is representative (which of course we have no idea) is important. But it's more complicated than that. Unlike sampling, say a bowl of multicolored beads, when surveying people things like wording or questions, ordering of questions, etc, is important. Any problem with those human elements can result in a study that might be relatively representative, and have a reasonable margin of error, but may be completely useless when it comes to the answering the questions for which it was intended.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The sample size is small. And I think the question is whether the sample size is representative (which of course we have no idea) is important. But it's more complicated than that. Unlike sampling, say a bowl of multicolored beads, when surveying people things like wording or questions, ordering of questions, etc, is important. Any problem with those human elements can result in a study that might be relatively representative, and have a reasonable margin of error, but may be completely useless when it comes to the answering the questions for which it was intended.

Yes, what I was talking about was strictly the math. I have no psychological background to be able to comment on the effects of how surveys are worded.

Yes, what I was talking about was strictly the math. I have no psychological background to be able to comment on the effects of how surveys are worded.

Yes, I understood and agree with your assessment.

I'd love to see the methodology and actual instrument and full data.

I told him he should have worn a Packers jacket and given out autographs.

Younger guys want a hip town with some culture that makes them comfortable. Buffalo and Green Bay are not high on that list.

too bad they don't like applebees