walk the walk on power game

jahbonas

The Bills can say all they want regarding playing a power running game to help EJ.

You cannot have a power run game with weakness at guards and your tight end a tall finesse blocker like Chandler. Power running teams are extra strong at those positions - not weaker.

Trade CJ Spiller this week for a Guard or Tight End that can help the other runners run and allow EJ more time to progress.

Move Kuonjo inside for now to battle with the OGs and let Seantrell Henderson/Pears and Cordy Glenn be your OTs

Eric Wood - its time for you to take your status as a rare 1st rd choice spent on a center and become an all pro.

The Bills can say all they want regarding playing a power running game to help EJ.

You cannot have a power run game with weakness at guards and your tight end a tall finesse blocker like Chandler. Power running teams are extra strong at those positions - not weaker.

Trade CJ Spiller this week for a Guard or Tight End that can help the other runners run and allow EJ more time to progress.

Move Kuonjo inside for now to battle with the OGs and let Seantrell Henderson/Pears and Cordy Glenn be your OTs

Eric Wood - its time for you to take your status as a rare 1st rd choice spent on a center and become an all pro.

Well...I very seriously doubt the Bills are trading Spiller...

That being said The Bills Draft a road grater in Cyril Richardson...He struggles initially, but has come on of late...By all accounts I heard (and Joe B spent plenty of time on this subject starting with Day #1 of the Pittsburgh trip) he's starting with the 1's at RG all week while Urbik moved to LG...Then...Come game time...It's Legursky at LG AGAIN...Legursky...AGAIN! :huh:

Now...I'm not going to sit here and say Joe B is the be-all-end-all when it comes to football evaluation...But it's his job to know and understand what the Bills are doing every day...And several times he pointed out that Richardson was not only looking very good at RG, but also that he was one of the Bills best performers during the Pittsburgh practices...One of the best performers on the entire team! And come game time...it's freaking Legursky starting? Really? Marrone and Hackett never cease to amaze me with the way they over think things...Hogan over Woods...Legursky over Richardson...This kind of thing goes back to Rogers last year for me...I don't get these coaches at all...I just don't get it... B-)

Well...I very seriously doubt the Bills are trading Spiller...

That being said The Bills Draft a road grater in Cyril Richardson...He struggles initially, but has come on of late...By all accounts I heard (and Joe B spent plenty of time on this subject starting with Day #1 of the Pittsburgh trip) he's starting with the 1's at RG all week while Urbik moved to LG...Then...Come game time...It's Legursky at LG AGAIN...Legursky...AGAIN! :huh:

Now...I'm not going to sit here and say Joe B is the be-all-end-all when it comes to football evaluation...But it's his job to know and understand what the Bills are doing every day...And several times he pointed out that Richardson was not only looking very good at RG, but also that he was one of the Bills best performers during the Pittsburgh practices...One of the best performers on the entire team! And come game time...it's freaking Legursky starting? Really? Marrone and Hackett never cease to amaze me with the way they over think things...Hogan over Woods...Legursky over Richardson...This kind of thing goes back to Rogers last year for me...I don't get these coaches at all...I just don't get it... B-)

You ever think they did this on purpose? Maybe, just maybe they have an evaluation process in place and are not worried about what people on message boards think.

Agreed. We can say power run game all we want, but it is just a bunch of buzz words. We do not have the OL to do it, so we are forcing a system not built for the roster. Spread the effing field a little more. Our version of a spread formation is 2 WR and a TE in a bunch at the line, with one WR out wide past the hash. Also if we want to run a power run offense, with traditional formations get used to old school numbers from your QB, something akin to the mid 90's, because that is the style we will be playing.

Committing to the run is a lot different than running behind our weakest position, OG all the time. Strong at both tackles, really good size and speed from most of our WR. One RB runs outside the tackles well, the other is great at catching out of the backfield. What do we do? Plow our scat back behind the worst player on the field. It isn't necessarily the system itself that is bothersome, it is a failure to magnify our strengths and minimize our weaknesses that is the issue. We can build a roster for the direction we want to go, and evolve the system with it, it isn't one or the other, which seems to be the case.

You ever think they did this on purpose? Maybe, just maybe they have an evaluation process in place and are not worried about what people on message boards think.

Thanks for that genius input...

I can promise you...Whatever you think...I've thought it already...

And if you're not looking for opinion on Bills Football on a Buffalo Bills fan message board then I really think you're in the wrong place...

Edited by KOKBILLS