New Bar in East Village for Game Viewing

NYCBoozers

Thanks. I'm actually laughing while I'm posting, so it's all good. But it is a "thing" for me. My buddy is from Jersey and tells people (legitimately) he is from the NYC/NJ metropolitan area. He then introduces people (as far apart as Albany, Buffalo, etc) as from "Upstate". "Hey Brian, Joe here is from upstate" as if it were some kind of neighborhood. I have to admit, my relentless tirades have had an impact, though, Sometimes I'm sure he does it now just to get under my skin. :lol: But can you imagine calling everything north of San Diego "Upstate California"? Absurd.

Glad you've kept your sense of humor about this, but it irks me too. It's like NYC is the bullseye, and everything else is "other/inconsequential". Upper? Western? Central? Oh, what the hell, just lump it all together because we're too lazy too look at a map and figure it out. Buffalo is WNY. We are above Pittsburgh. NYC should not claim the entire state as it's suburb. Geez, now you've got me going...

But I guess it beats being southwest Toronto.

New home of the Bills.

whaddya think is above the tailgate?

I like the way you think. Kind of a combination of Columbo and Charlie Sheen.

Edited by Augie

Hey all. I'm Jason, I own the Immigrant Tap Room in Manhattan in the East Village (9th Street and 1st Avenue).

It's a small little beer bar that I added next door to my wine bar. I've been thinking of opening up and showing Bills games on Sundays this year and wanted to gauge interest. My bar is a very relaxed atmosphere, and it isn't the place for hooting and hollering. If people are interested in a relaxing atmosphere to watch the game, I'd definitely do it. I'm watching the games anyways with the bar closed ha...

I have some real nice TV's and surround sound for the games.

I could offer some Hofmann's or Zweigle's hotdogs to serve, and a texas hot sauce. Although I don't have a large enough kitchen to do Beef on weck or Buffalo Wings - I can pre-order wings from a place down the street if needed. And I could order some local beer options ... Southern Tier or Labatt's or Empire or whatever people can recommend.

I'm originally from New York State (grew up in Cortland, went to SUNY Oswego), and I usually attend 1 game a year in Buffalo with a group of college buddies. I was going to Brother Jimmy's back in the day, and then McFaddens, and then Kellys. But I haven't really been going regulary because it's tough to get a spot these days... so I've been watching the games in my bar with some friends. I'm looking to open it up to everyone this year.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

-Jason

Yes from Brooklyn!

Binghamton is Southern Tier. Cortland (and also Ithaca) are kinda on the border between calling then CNY or Southern Tier.

I might say Ithaca is in the Finger Lakes region. That has a nice ring to it. Cortland might even get away with it. Far better than the generic (and uninformative Upstate).

Hey all. I'm Jason, I own the Immigrant Tap Room in Manhattan in the East Village (9th Street and 1st Avenue).

It's a small little beer bar that I added next door to my wine bar. I've been thinking of opening up and showing Bills games on Sundays this year and wanted to gauge interest. My bar is a very relaxed atmosphere, and it isn't the place for hooting and hollering. If people are interested in a relaxing atmosphere to watch the game, I'd definitely do it. I'm watching the games anyways with the bar closed ha...

I have some real nice TV's and surround sound for the games.

I could offer some Hofmann's or Zweigle's hotdogs to serve, and a texas hot sauce. Although I don't have a large enough kitchen to do Beef on weck or Buffalo Wings - I can pre-order wings from a place down the street if needed. And I could order some local beer options ... Southern Tier or Labatt's or Empire or whatever people can recommend.

I'm originally from New York State (grew up in Cortland, went to SUNY Oswego), and I usually attend 1 game a year in Buffalo with a group of college buddies. I was going to Brother Jimmy's back in the day, and then McFaddens, and then Kellys. But I haven't really been going regulary because it's tough to get a spot these days... so I've been watching the games in my bar with some friends. I'm looking to open it up to everyone this year.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

-Jason

That would be excellent. I'm in Brooklyn but I'm planning to move into the East Village when my lease is up in a month and a half. I've done McFadden's but that's not really the scene I'm looking for.

It's been a while, but I remember another Buffalo bar in the East Village named Kelly's. Owned by a really nice couple with the wife being from Buffalo.

I've only been there for hockey. I'm not even sure if they have Sunday Ticket, but it's a great place to catch a Sabres game.

Glad you've kept your sense of humor about this, but it irks me too. It's like NYC is the bullseye, and everything else is "other/inconsequential". Upper? Western? Central? Oh, what the hell, just lump it all together because we're too lazy too look at a map and figure it out. Buffalo is WNY. We are above Pittsburgh. NYC should not claim the entire state as it's suburb. Geez, now you've got me going...

But I guess it beats being southwest Toronto.

New home of the Bills.

I like the way you think. Kind of a combination of Columbo and Charlie Sheen.

You guys are killing me. Upstate became Upstate when there wasn't much upstate other than going up the Hudson River. Somebody please call Upstate Medical in Syracuse and tell them to change their name.

It's been a while, but I remember another Buffalo bar in the East Village named Kelly's. Owned by a really nice couple with the wife being from Buffalo.

I've only been there for hockey. I'm not even sure if they have Sunday Ticket, but it's a great place to catch a Sabres game.

Is the Hell's Angles HQ still on 3rd?

This thread has become a bit derailed but I would love this. Currently living in Brooklyn but would make it up to EV. McFadden's is not really my scene.

I'm responsible for the derailment. EV way more convenient to Brooklyn than McFadden's, no?

I'm responsible for the derailment. EV way more convenient to Brooklyn than McFadden's, no?

Thanks for lying on the grenade, but I'm pretty sure I am the one who got us off track. I hope you guys have fun in your downstate bar. B-)