First unit Defense

Spikes is going to help a ton. Bradham looked very good. Schwartz is a more than adequate replacement for Pettine, IMO. We could and maybe even should actually be better than last year. Not as many sacks and maybe not as many turnovers, but a good run defense will make the overall defense substantially better.

Also, it's early, but Aaron Williams is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. What a turnaround from two years ago.

I thought we could talk a bit about a positive from last nights game. The Bills first unit D looked good. Got pressure, Bradham looked good an they seemed to flock to the ball. I didn't notice if we blitzed or not however.

Blitzed on 3rd down. DL looks sliiiick. Stunt executed by Hughes/KW on the strip sack. Mario held and still got away. BRADHAM. SPIKES. Edited by YoloinOhio

Very stout against the run in the early going. When we have our full compliment out there in the defensive backfield I expect good things from our defense this year. Loved what I saw from Bradham and Spikes sniffing out run plays.

I would have like to have seen the first unit D for one more series. They totally dominated the Giants, with a three and out and then the Kyle Williams sack fumble. I don't think any of the Giants runners got back to the line of scrimmage against our first unit D. And that was without Gilmore and McKelvin, not that the Giants have a serious passing attack. Eli got pretty good stats against backups, but not against our first unit.

I would have like to have seen the first unit D for one more series. They totally dominated the Giants, with a three and out and then the Kyle Williams sack fumble. I don't think any of the Giants runners got back to the line of scrimmage against our first unit D. And that was without Gilmore and McKelvin, not that the Giants have a serious passing attack. Eli got pretty good stats against backups, but not against our first unit.

Eli had a lot of short, high percentage passes last night. They are implementing that new offense.

The 1st string defense was outstanding last night.

Bradham looked great. Now I'm really pissed that we won't have him against the Bears.

The D-Line was awesome, great pressure and stiff against the run.

Spikes will be a great addition for us.

My lone complaint. On the fumble by Manning, Searcy tried to be a hero by picking the ball up instead of just falling on the ball. When he did that, the ball got away from him, but thankfully Rivers was there to do the right thing and fall on the ball and recover the turnover.