GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

Dabo has OSU ranked 11 on his final coaches poll ballot.  

I cannot believe the Bucks have another shot at this team a year later.  Just incredible that we got to this point. I didn’t even think there would be a season. 

Hopefully the last game showed Day that’s it’s okay to commit to the run - especially when it’s working. OSU has some maulers up front who just want to beat the piss out of a defense. Let them eat. 

Edited by Willyville Guy
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve about had it with Dabo. Jfc

I’ve seen head coaches draw attention to themselves in order to draw attention away from their players during game prep... but not by talking trash about how the opponent doesn’t belong in the game!  Maybe he’s trying to use OSU’s anger to his advantage in the hope that the Buckeyes will be so heated that they’ll make mistakes and flame out early?  I don’t know.  F that guy. 

42 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

I’ve seen head coaches draw attention to themselves in order to draw attention away from their players during game prep... but not by talking trash about how the opponent doesn’t belong in the game!  Maybe he’s trying to use OSU’s anger to his advantage in the hope that the Buckeyes will be so heated that they’ll make mistakes and flame out early?  I don’t know.  F that guy. 

I wonder if he will finally move coastal behind Ohio state now that they lost to *checks notes* ....Liberty. He just seems like a bitter person. 

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently now the ST coordinator didn’t make the trip either. A true playoff team, even without a couple coaches, should be able to beat the 11th-best team, right?

Yup, and a true playoff team also doesn't lose 31-0 😉.  

Spin it how you want for fun/bulletin board material, but Dabo didn't rate OSU 11th based on talent.  Was merely a shot at the PAC 12 and BIG10 leadership's inept, politically-motivated decision to start late that put their student athletes at a huge disadvantage while trying to make other conferences look bad.  How dumb they look now.  Not OSU's players/coaches fault at all though, feel bad for them. 

Last year's game was quite fun to watch, expect nothing less this time around. Clemson looks better as of late but if OSU can put it together, who knows.  Love all the fan chatter going into the game though. Both teams are recruiting at insane levels (particularly OSU), and aren't going anywhere.  Should be an awesome, physical game.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Blabbo calling plays?

Brandon Streeter, the Qb Coach/Passing Game Coordinator will be primary play caller for Clemson (he has previous OC/playcalling experience).  He has been waiting in the wings for this opportunity with Tony Elliot's departure long expected.  Hate to see it, but this isn't the end of the world for Clemson.  Elliot is an excellent coach but probably his biggest weakness (and main reason why he hasn't gotten a big time HC offer) is his playcalling.  It has been questioned quite a bit over the years by analysts/non-homer fans.  Certainly not a positive for Clemson right before the damn game, but have to wonder if Streeter's tendencies will actually add a few wrinkles that OSU may not have on film.