Chris Kluwe vs. the Vikings

I'm assuming Kluwe thinks there's a big difference between making homophobic remarks and making fun of pedophiles.

That being said, I'm not sure why he's dragging his other teammates into this now, and I've seen him on twitter trashing Minnesota in general.

EDIT: For anyone who hasn't seen it, I'd encourage you to read the original article Kluwe wrote accusing the Vikings. Leslie Frazier sounds like a real d-bag.

http://deadspin.com/...s-an-1493208214

First, he was making fun of the pedophile's victims. Second, a joke is a joke. To make one about a horrific tragedy then to turn around and publicly call someone a bigot for making a different kind of joke is hypocritical at best.

First, he was making fun of the pedophile's victims. Second, a joke is a joke. To make one about a horrific tragedy then to turn around and publicly call someone a bigot for making a different kind of joke is hypocritical at best.

I think kluwe would argue that he made a joke about a sensitive topic he probably shouldn't have while his coach was expressing hatred of the group he "joked" about.... Would you say that kluwe showed hatred in his?

Generally im not sure the intended comedy in "we should round up all the gays and send them to an island and nuke them" while I see the attempt at humor even if incredibly crude and insensitive on kluwes part.

Edited by NoSaint

I think kluwe would argue that he made a joke about a sensitive topic he probably shouldn't have while his coach was expressing hatred of the group he "joked" about.... Would you say that kluwe showed hatred in his?

Generally im not sure the intended comedy in "we should round up all the gays and send them to an island and nuke them" while I see the attempt at humor even if incredibly crude and insensitive on kluwes part.

Well first it was, Priefer "would ask me if I had written any letters defending 'the gays' recently and denounce as disgusting the idea that two men would kiss... he said all this in a semi-joking tone."

"The investigators found that Priefer made a single homophobic comment to Kluwe, and according to long snapper Cullen Loeffler, he made the statement because Kluwe and Loeffler were not focused on football during practice."

Sounds like one-and-the-same. Just because Kluwe supports a noble cause doesn't mean he's above lying, altering facts, or libel.

Kluwe wants it to be all about him. Or for the public to perceive him as a hero. In reality, he was a distraction, he was crude, and he was going to be overpaid, and that's why he lost his job. Not because of his activism.

With the risk of getting a warning point, I find this hypocritical. Aren't Christians supposed to turn the other cheek? This is just getting juvenile and immature. Kluwe, shut up.

Someone who subscribes to the beliefs might tell you that a perfect person (Christian is an unnecessary word in your argument IMO) would turn the other cheek. Someone who subscribes to the beliefs might then tell you that no human is perfect. What point are you trying to make?

Someone who subscribes to the beliefs might tell you that a perfect person (Christian is an unnecessary word in your argument IMO) would turn the other cheek. Someone who subscribes to the beliefs might then tell you that no human is perfect. What point are you trying to make?

If he is so adamant in his beliefs that he must speak up about his opinion of same sex marriage shouldn't he bite his tongue when it comes in turn to be judged himself for what he has said?

I know no one is perfect. I am far from such so I can only speak from that experience. If Kluwe was credibility here and does not want to seem like he is part of a circus then he should recognize there is a time to keep his yap closed and seek forgiveness in his eager boastfulness to state an opinion.

Kluwe embraced LGBT to give him a lifelong speaking fee income stream

It was a smart move. We'll obviously never know his motivation but I tend to agree. It also automatically makes him the good guy, fighting the good fight, standing up to homophobes everywhere, in the eyes of the media...