Dream offseason V2.0

JP-era

OK,

So here is my 2.0 version of my dream offseason.

Bills daily is reporting that the Bills would take a 4.3 hit of the 6.5 cap figure for cutting Drew. Thats 2.2 mil in cap savings if he is gone. He may restructure with a pay cut and save us more, lets assume he is cut. Moulds is set tomake 8.7 and would only cost us 4 mil if cut. Hes staying and will restructure, I say we recoup maybe 3.5 mil out of the restructure. Bills daily says they are expected to be around 8 mil under.

So, add all that up and you have around 13 mil under the cap!!!!

Now, with that much cap dough, I think we do the following:

Jonas Jennings- Is really not a top 5 or even top 10 LT, I think the Bills look at it like why pay Jennings even close to 3-4 mil per? Why not pay one of the top 10 LT's only a mil or so more? Ogdne signed a six year extension and made 3.47 mil this year (does not include bonus money). The bonus was 5.8mil I think. Why not pay Pace, Jones, or Tra Thomas say 4.5 mil with a 5 mil bonus and get one of those guys for a little more?

I think the Bills go this route. My guess is Walter Jones. Sea has Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander, and Walter Jones all set to be UFA's. The can only franchise 1. Alexander is a top 5 back. Rumors say they are allowing Walter Jones to leave.

So, Sign Walter Jones for 4.5 mil per (goes up each year) plus a 5 mil bonus.

Now your down to 8.5 mil left

Next, resign Pat but NOT for anything more than 2nd tier money. Say 2.5-3 mil per. If not upgrade with a Corey Simon type, or give Chris Hovan a shot but at the right price.

Lets say its 3 mil per for Pat, now your down to 5.5 left.

Now, go and get Bubba Franks, I think he can be had for say 2-2.5 mil per.

That leaves say 3 mil left. Thats more than enough for the draft without a 1st rounder.

Trade Henry to a team that give us a 2nd, even if we trade a later rounder to get a second.

Draft:

2 (1) David Baas- Mich, plays just like Hutchinson but starts at C, can play either C or G which makes him just a cut above CJ Brooks in my mind. If Baas is gone, take Brooks

2 (2) Mike Nugent- K that you all already know.

3 Jerome Mathis WR- Hampton- We get our #3 from day one and can let Reed walk and save some more cap, or maybe we keep Reed and let them fight it out.

4 Calvin Armstrong- OT- Washington State- great insurance and value this deep in the draft, can be a backup and learn behind Jones.

5 JJ Arrington RB Cal- We grab a guy as insurance to backup McGahee and maybe Shaud Williams because of his emergence

6 Diamond Ferri S Syracuse- Adds depth and lets face it we dont have too much as far as backups at the S spots

7 Stephan Lefors QB Louisville- I like his potential and as a 7th, why not?

So, Our o-line went to very very good with:

Jones, Baas/Brooks, Teague, Villarial, Williams

We upgraded our TE bigtime with Franks.

and we resigned big Pat.

Now throw in a june pickup at QB as our backup to JP an d we are set.

So, Sign Walter Jones for 4.5 mil per (goes up each year) plus a 5 mil bonus.

218218[/snapback]

5 mil bonus? what is wrong with you? you do realize he turned down a bonus 3 times that, correct?

p.s. you forgot dump fletcher/sign kendrell bell

5 mil bonus? what is wrong with you? you do realize he turned down a bonus 3 times that, correct?

218226[/snapback]

And imagine The Stadium Wall's reaction as each and every year, Walter Jones dosent show up till Week 4 of the Pre-Season, it will make the criticisms regarding Big Mike seem like small potatoes :)

218226[/snapback]

Ogden takes a 5 mil nouns but Jones wont? I didnt see that. I will however reasearch it and get back.

218226[/snapback]

Even though Jones is 30, Seattle has a six-year offer on the table. The sticking point? Seattle’s signing bonus is $12 million; agent Roosevelt Barnes wants at least $14 million, the amount the Seahawks forked over for free-agent RDE Wistrom.

my mistake, but if that the going rate, I say get your self a top tier LT. spread it out over many years or go with a Tra Thomas type.

My dream free agent= John Abraham

218278[/snapback]

Id love that EVEN more than Jones!!!

I hope that NYJ lets him walk. I also would THEN hope that TD doesnt have faith in Schobel or Kelsay.

Ijust dont see him doing it though.

interesting. very interesting.

W. Jones (OT) <<<<<HELL YEAH (jennings is way overrated by us bills fans)

keep Pat if hes cheap, but if not, C. Simon would be AWSOME

i keep seeing McGee being destroyed by Randel El....... CB PLEASE!!! his kick retuns have nothing to do with his cover skills..... he a very good nickle CB, but not a shut down #2 CB.

once L. Smith took over at OG our line settled down, and he played well. you dont know his name, but he did play well, and was always improving.

Kicker: if vinaterri (sp?) wont sign with us, than ok... pick the kicker with one of our second rounders. but he better be good to warrent a second round selection.

DRAFT:

if your looking for a RB late in the draft to backup McGahee, why not D. Sprools. 5th in heisman voting his junior year with 1935 yards. but he is small though at 5-7 180lbs. thats why he will fall to the 4th or 5th round.

218226[/snapback]

In case you hadn't noticed, the current leader on the retard rodeo board doesn't base any football post on reality.

Jerome Mathis from Hampton is nasty. I think he impressed everyone in that bowl game a couple weeks back. His stock may have improved to early 3rd high 2nd. I'd love to see the Bills grab that guy. Amazing speed, acceleration and elusiveness, he would make an immediate impact on special teams, but his hands need improvement according to the scouts.

Jerome Mathis from Hampton is nasty.  I think he impressed everyone in that bowl game a couple weeks back.  His stock may have improved to early 3rd high 2nd.  I'd love to see the Bills grab that guy.  Amazing speed, acceleration and elusiveness, he would make an immediate impact on special teams, but his hands need improvement according to the scouts.

218317[/snapback]

Id love to support JP with some more talent out there :)

Mathis replaces Reed day one IMO!

Jones holds out EVERY frikkin year, we don't need a headache like that IMO....

218461[/snapback]

its because Jones wants a multi year deal, which won't come cheap. He has been holding out for that long term deal with the big signing bonus, but Seattle continued to use the Franchise tag on him.

The Bills, if they decided to try for Jones will without a doubt have a muti-year deal on the table that will have a hefty signing bonus. I have no problems with the Bills truying to obtain Jones long term.

interesting. very interesting.

once L. Smith took over at OG our line settled down, and he played well. you dont know his name, but he did play well, and was always improving.

218308[/snapback]

L. Smith was a wash. He was downgraded as quickly as he started. It was

McFarland who was the starting LG in the later games.

its because Jones wants a multi year deal, which won't come cheap. He has been holding out for that long term deal with the big signing bonus, but Seattle continued to use the Franchise tag on him.

The Bills, if they decided to try for Jones will without a doubt have a muti-year deal on the table that will have a hefty signing bonus. I have no problems with the Bills truying to obtain Jones long term.

218475[/snapback]

Thanks! All I remember about the guy is that he is always holding out.