New Fantasy Football channel on Sunday Ticket

YoloinOhio

You know, I love fantasy football, but I am really starting to not like the way it has changed the way we watch the games. I miss the old days, kinda, when fantasy football was not crammed in your face... I hate the constant streaming of stats while I am watching a game... i kinda like looking them up myself...I have been playing so long (1987 was my first FF season), I remember that the USA Today was considered the "official stat source" for all scoring.

The first season I would compile all the stats for our leauge. I had Monday mornings off, so I would spend about 3 or 4 hours every Monday, pouring over the USA Today stats...then add the Monday night stats on to that on Tuesday morning....you would know if you won on Wednesday morning. I kinda miss looking and disecting the stats for myself..when the networks just keep blasting me with them, I don't even know what they mean after a while...much as I love Fantasy Football, I still enjoy the actual games, especially Bills games. I am not gonna say I don't pay attention to it all, but I don't really feel like I have any option. Generally though, when I am watching a Bills game at noon (I am in the Central time zone), I have no idea how my team is doing against whatever team I am scheduled against, until about 4pm.

Of course, I may be the only person alive who does not like the Red Zone channel either...I think it is cool, with the sound down, in a bar, when you are watching your game...but to just sit and watch it, as opposed to an actual game, is not a pleasurable experience for me.

I have become increasingly skeptical of any "expert" on sports...

Hear hear! Especially when it comes to Fantasy sports. Last season, i spen hours listening to ESPN's FF podcast, because I felt like I just didn't have enough time to reasearch everything the way I would normally do it... in the end, it did me absolutely no good...Matthew Berry is, indeed, living the Fantasy life!

Lots of truth to that when it comes to the draft. I have found the "experts" most helpful on a week to week basis when if comes to specific matchups who to play/bench for that week. We have a local show here on Sunday mornings with a guy who is pretty good at that. He takes callers and tweets. Also he helps with the waiver wire and guys to pick up for match ups later in the year. I don't spend a ton of time on my FF team but this kind of advice can end up paying off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.