(OT) Syracuse

Kent14

Great win for Cuse.

Obviously they have to shoot FT's better, but I'm telling you - I hate cliches, but there really are no easy road games in the Big East. I really think it's as good as the ACC contrary to what the ESPN propoganda says; I mean look at how Villanova destroyed Kansas.

That was a heart-racer though. I'm gonna have a tough time falling asleep after that.

man, the first two minutes of the second half was intense! To go from 20 pts down to 8 pts down in that short of a time was incredible.

I believe in this team this year! This was a classic SU "let-down" game where normally they lose a few of these games per year, but they won it. That in its self is a good sign.

Also, at first Edlin looked terrible! He didn't seem to know where to be on the court - his spacing was aweful and he was not moving without the ball. But then in the second half something clicked and he was great! Him penatrating and passing to McNamara on the wing was great to see.

Not only was Rutgers last 3 point shot at the buzzer in and out, on the previous possession, if the tally skinny kid for Rutgers had boxed out his man, Syracuse would not have had the opportunity to get the go-ahead basket off the missed shot.

Tough break...the crowd would have gone bonkers.

Syracuse was playing around last night. Every time they needed to do something, they went right down and did it. But, man, I hope they learned their lesson -- they need to keep it going to whole game.

I have seasons and made most of the home games. This team really has a chance to be something special. Edelin is an ace in the hole that pretty much everyone has forgotten about. If he gets back up to speed and plays like he did in 2003, this team can take it to another level. So far, G and Pace have been pretty much trading off as the point guard for the team which hurts because they are both scorers, one from inside and the other from the perimeter. Playing point, one of them is out of the loop. With Billy, those guys can concentrate on working to get open. On top of that, Billy can beat most guards in the league one on one and almost never misses. Our offense takes a huge jump forward with him in the game. The problem is his defense. In the Gerogetown game the Hoya's hit two critical threes in a row, same guy, same spot when Billy was at the top of the zone. Both were on his side. B went crazy and yanked him quick. If Billy can sharpen up his defense we are seriously a legit contender for the title this year.

Otherwise, I am not sure we can put that many good games together.

You never know but still.....these guys could really do some damage.