Donn Esmonde Agenda

TSNBDSC

Details on the league's G-4 loan program: http://newstadium.at...dium-financing/

Did the Bills tap that program for the current renovations?

No. NYS paid $54 million, the county contributed $41 million and the Bills covered $35 million.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/12/22/3793990/buffalo-bills-stadium-improvements

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to me it sounds like the guy is thinking in the old fashion American way & not in the new "today" American way which is spend way over what you have & stay so in debt that you will never see day light !!

I think that a stadium that is paid for , retrofitted to be a modern day NFL stadium like he pointed out , Green Bay , Soldier Field , Arrow head & others would be a added plus for new owner ship to at least get caught up or ahead of the pay meant game from buying a Billion $ NFL franchise ...

I "like he said in his piece" would like to see the discussion of a new stadium continue as it should because the Bills deserve the best IMHO .But i think the new owner should have some say in the process too .

But i for one don't want a Jerry Jones mind set !! Unless the new owner is willing to open his wallet to show the fans he is all in as the fan base is & has been for over 50 years !!

I would rather see the NF: & the owners divvy up more of the monies to build these new stadiums because the fans are the ones paying for them any way . Rather than the owners holding a city or county gov't hostage for a new home .

Atlanta is now building a brand new stadium when the Georgia dome is only 20 years old , is the G dome that bad of shape ? NO then why build a new BILLION $ stadium ?

BECAUSE WE CAN HOLD THE CITY HOSTAGE FOR IT !! Complete stupidity !! IMHO !!

Edited by T master

Well to me it sounds like the guy is thinking in the old fashion American way & not in the new "today" American way which is spend way over what you have & stay so in debt that you will never see day light !!

I think that a stadium that is paid for , retrofitted to be a modern day NFL stadium like he pointed out , Green Bay , Soldier Field , Arrow head & others would be a added plus for new owner ship to at least get caught up or ahead of the pay meant game from buying a Billion $ NFL franchise ...

I "like he said in his piece" would like to see the discussion of a new stadium continue as it should because the Bills deserve the best IMHO .But i think the new owner should have some say in the process too .

But i for one don't want a Jerry Jones mind set !! Unless the new owner is willing to open his wallet to show the fans he is all in as the fan base is & has been for over 50 years !!

I would rather see the NF: & the owners divvy up more of the monies to build these new stadiums because the fans are the ones paying for them any way . Rather than the owners holding a city or county gov't hostage for a new home .

Atlanta is now building a brand new stadium when the Georgia dome is only 20 years old , is the G dome that bad of shape ? NO then why build a new BILLION $ stadium ?

I guess so. It's not just Buffalo. The NFL would allegedly pull out of half its markets because they aren't rich and sexy enough. If Buffalo is so horribly unfit as an NFL city then what makes Cincinnati, Jacksonville, or New Orleans and better? Why doesn't the NFL tell New Orleans the Superdome needs to be replaced? Why do they bend over backwards to make Jax fans give a crap that they have an NFL team?

Maybe the city should invite Kraft and Jerruh to Buffalo and show them that the city is not the dying, withered husk the imagine it to be?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And, Turner Field is even younger.