2015 NFL Draft: Potential Dates and Locations

The top 3 markets in the country, no surprise.

4 day draft, LAME! :thumbdown:

You know they're going to milk it for as much $$$ as possible. I hope like hell it's in April because the extra time until May is just too damn long!

You know they're going to milk it for as much $$$ as possible. I hope like hell it's in April because the extra time until May is just too damn long!

Then forget the 4 day formula, lets make it one draft pick per day.

Then forget the 4 day formula, lets make it one draft pick per day.

The NFL is going to maximize their dollar as much as they can with the rating being so huge for the draft. I really hope it is in April too but they don't care, the hype up until May was ridiculous. But, they also need to factor in the star power or lack thereof. This year I feel it had a lot with JFF, Sammy, Clowney....but next year it will kind of hang on Crab Thief.

The NFL is going to maximize their dollar as much as they can with the rating being so huge for the draft. I really hope it is in April too but they don't care, the hype up until May was ridiculous. But, they also need to factor in the star power or lack thereof. This year I feel it had a lot with JFF, Sammy, Clowney....but next year it will kind of hang on Crab Thief.

Definitely. From a talent perspective, this last draft will be hard to top.

Although the NFL and the sports media knows how to hype the draft. And if the draft is in a city like Chicago or Los Angeles there will be a lot of people showing to experience what the draft is like. At least during the first day.

Yeah, everyone will be gushing over Crab Thief, but there is also Dorial Green-Beckham, if he declares.

For the first time ever, I'm actually concerned about LA. It was always a never gonna happen thing to me and I focused my fears up North, but now, with the Clippers sale, the comments by the Fins owner, and the league considering hosting the draft there when they don't even have a team...I'm not liking this one bit. Hopefully the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders move there stat.

I agree, this whole 4 day thing is ridiculous. The glory days of rounds 1-3 one day and 4-7 the next are never coming back. I'm curious if anyone has any idea how much more revenue they generated with the 3 day draft compared to the 2 day? I can't imagine it can be that much more in the grad scheme of things for the league.

Definitely. From a talent perspective, this last draft will be hard to top.

Although the NFL and the sports media knows how to hype the draft. And if the draft is in a city like Chicago or Los Angeles there will be a lot of people showing to experience what the draft is like. At least during the first day.

Yeah, everyone will be gushing over Crab Thief, but there is also Dorial Green-Beckham, if he declares.

Didn't he just get booted off the team? I can't imagine him going first round after his repeated antics and getting kicked off the team. I think next year's draft will be just fine. QBs will probably be rated higher with Winston (potentially), Hundley, and Moriata heading into the season with very high expectations. All 3 could have easily been the top QB taken this year with good workouts / combines / interviews.

Edited by Mark80

Changes coming to 2015 NFL draft

The NFL draft is on the move.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Thursday that the league is "focusing" on New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles as possible locations for the 2015 draft, although sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter that scheduling issues have made New York City -- the regular home of the draft -- the least likely option.

NBA and NHL have draft traveling shows. NFL is different. They will put it out for bid and the highest bid will land the draft. 4 days for the draft plus several days for set up and tear down. The difficult is cities that have NBA and NHL teams. Those league playoffs can tie up arenas so domed stadiums will be needed in colder climes. I will opine that Jerry Jones aka Super Ego will not let this opportunity to pass and he will get it at any cost. Buffalo, nor any small market city, will host the Draft.

That does not surprise me.

My draft friends and I were discussing the potential move of the draft and where it would end up next year. A few of them suggested that Philadelphia or Boston were likely destinations.

I dismissed that idea telling them that if the NFL Draft goes on the road next year, they will have it in a city that is not along the eastern seaboard.

Chicago & Los Angeles would be ideal for them, and I would not rule out Dallas as an option either. Of course Los Angeles is the perfect place for the NFL to sell their propaganda, that LA is an NFL city and needs an NFL team.