Super Bowl L breaking with tradition!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they going to do from here? LI doesn't exactly look great for the following year either. I guess someone has to worry about the aesthetics of roman numerals. My submissions are these: Super Bowl V-Oh. or go for broke with Super Bowl XLIX +I

Tony Kornheiser said that they didn't want L because it's the symbol for Loser.

Am I the only one who basically only remembers 25-28 by their numbers. The early ones, too. But, after 6 or 7, I have no idea.

And even that would be generous.

The one thing they do have right with the "50" logo, is that people will know how far away they really are from San Francisco.

How about "SUPER BOWL 50 - MILES FROM SAN FRANCISCO"

Thief!

Believe me I'm as traditional as it comes with professional sports and I HATE 95% of the changes Goodell has made over the last few years but this change is a good one and it makes sense. Super Bowl L looks and sounds ridiculous and he has already said its only going to be for one year and then they will switch back to the Roman Numerals. I think Super Bowl 50 sounds fine and considering it is going to be a milestone Super Bowl I'm sure they will be able to play it up. I can already imagine the media coverage the Super Bowl is going to have that year...I almost feel bad for the non football fans :lol: