Wow...I must be such a homer...USA Projections

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st - A HUGE Thank You for the locker room bulletin board!!!

Isn't it funny, regarding the Bills, USAtoday sez: Sammy Watkins needs time to adapt. So will defense, which lost Jairus Byrd and is changing scheme. Again. (3-13)

Regarding the Dolphins who need to replace 4 of their 5 OL-men: O-line chemistry typically takes time to achieve, and Dolphins had to replace 80% of their unit. (8-8) (Huh?? FIVE more wins?)

Can you say "Double Standard"?

Hey, we're in good company - other 3-13 teams: Bucs (no lie), Cowboys, Vikes & Raiders!! Jags, Lions & Chiefs are 4-12!!

Wow this guy can't even get it 'out of the infield'. Listening to/believing this blather means you're soft in the head. The guy has no clue of which he speaks!

Isn't it funny, regarding the Bills, USAtoday sez: Sammy Watkins needs time to adapt. So will defense, which lost Jairus Byrd and is changing scheme. Again. (3-13)

Regarding the Dolphins who need to replace 4 of their 5 OL-men: O-line chemistry typically takes time to achieve, and Dolphins had to replace 80% of their unit. (8-8) (Huh?? FIVE more wins?)

Hey, we're in good company - other 3-13 teams: Bucs (no lie), Cowboys, Vikes & Raiders!! Jags, Lions & Chiefs are 4-12!!

Wow this guy can't even get it 'out of the infield'. Listening to/believing this blather means you're soft in the head. The guy has no clue of which he speaks!

I think that he has 4 teams at 4-12 or worse that can be playoff teams (Lions, Bucs, Bills and Chiefs). That doesn't mean that I expect them all to be but needless to at that guy is clueless. He is an NFL writer for USA Today and has less than 1,000 twitter followers!! That shows you how valued his opinion is.

I think that he has 4 teams at 4-12 or worse that can be playoff teams (Lions, Bucs, Bills and Chiefs). That doesn't mean that I expect them all to be but needless to at that guy is clueless. He is an NFL writer for USA Today and has less than 1,000 twitter followers!! That shows you how valued his opinion is.

My 7 year old could have written a more well thought out analysis/ projection than this dude, easily.

3-13? It does not sound plausible.

"But USA TODAY Sports' Nate Davis is willing to offer one outcome after picking all 256 regular-season games and 11 playoff contests"

Really? This guy picked every NFL game result last season?

This is a big reason why I am still not too happy with the Sammy Watkins deal. I guess I like that we have Watkins, but not all that much - I'm not sold on him, yet.

We gave away what could be another Marcel Dareus, Tyson Jackson, Gerald McCoy, Matt Ryan, etc. All had with the #3 pick.

Bills, Raiders, Cowboys, Vikings, Buccaneers all have 3-13 records there; the worst record shown.

Figuring we get halfway between all of them we could get the 3rd. Instead we could have had a player similar to above next year and Anthony Barr, Eric Ebron, Taylor Lewan, Ryan Shazier, Zach Martin, HaSean Clinton-Dix, Dee Ford...and on and on...

It's not spilled milk, it's sour grapes.

3-13? It does not sound plausible.

"But USA TODAY Sports' Nate Davis is willing to offer one outcome after picking all 256 regular-season games and 11 playoff contests"

Really? This guy picked every NFL game result last season?

Not what they meant. They meant he picked every game this season oncoming.

This is a big reason why I am still not too happy with the Sammy Watkins deal. I guess I like that we have Watkins, but not all that much - I'm not sold on him, yet.

We gave away what could be another Marcel Dareus, Tyson Jackson, Gerald McCoy, Matt Ryan, etc. All had with the #3 pick.

Bills, Raiders, Cowboys, Vikings, Buccaneers all have 3-13 records there; the worst record shown.

Figuring we get halfway between all of them we could get the 3rd. Instead we could have had a player similar to above next year and Anthony Barr, Eric Ebron, Taylor Lewan, Ryan Shazier, Zach Martin, HaSean Clinton-Dix, Dee Ford...and on and on...

It's not spilled milk, it's sour grapes.

Not what they meant. They meant he picked every game this season oncoming.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but not I'm not sure... so you think we are only going to win 3 games because this dude looked at one draft pick and one FA loss and you agree with his "analysis" - or you actually think this as well? Cuz I know your analysis is an in-depth as it gets.

I would not worry to much about experts and their predictions. I remember when we took Thurman Thomas in the 2nd round and Mel Kiper predicted he would be a wasted pick.

Let's play the games and we will see. I would be really surprised if we were that bad. Just my opinion.

At first I thought you were being sarcastic but not I'm not sure... so you think we are only going to win 3 games because this dude looked at one draft pick and one FA loss and you agree with his "analysis" - or you actually think this as well? Cuz I know your analysis is an in-depth as it gets.

i think we have our work cut out for us to win as easily as we think with the overall talent we posses compared to the talent we have. We have some weak links and a lot of hope.

Watkins probably isn't going to be the best WR on the team this season as rookie wideouts generally don't do so well in their first seasons.

According NFL.com's fantasy football guru Michael Fabino. Rookie WR's typically don't make a huge impact. Since 2009 154 rookie WR's have been drafted, and only 6 have been in the top 20 in fantasy football scoring. Even if everyone equates Sammy to Julio Jones 54 rec, 959 yards 8TD's his rookie year. Jones went to an already established playoff team in Atlanta and had QB Matt Ryan throwing to him. Plus Atlanta already had a #1 WR in Roddy White, and a top 10 TE in Tony Gonzalaz. Not to mention a great ground, and pound run game with Michael Turner at RB.

While Sammy Watkins may or may not have a great rookie year, Robert Woods should have a bigger year in the slot. The Bills now have some really viable talent all around on offense. Lets just hope Bills OC Nate Hackett can put together a decent offensive scheme that can score, and win games.

i think we have our work cut out for us to win as easily as we think with the overall talent we posses compared to the talent we have. We have some weak links and a lot of hope.

Newsflash: You won't find a single team in the NFL without weak-links or holes. Only Bills fans would expect a team to need 0 holes to make the playoffs.

Watkins probably isn't going to be the best WR on the team this season as rookie wideouts generally don't do so well in their first seasons.

According NFL.com's fantasy football guru Michael Fabino. Rookie WR's typically don't make a huge impact. Since 2009 154 rookie WR's have been drafted, and only 6 have been in the top 20 in fantasy football scoring. Even if everyone equates Sammy to Julio Jones 54 rec, 959 yards 8TD's his rookie year. Jones went to an already established playoff team in Atlanta and had QB Matt Ryan throwing to him. Plus Atlanta already had a #1 WR in Roddy White, and a top 10 TE in Tony Gonzalaz. Not to mention a great ground, and pound run game with Michael Turner at RB.

While Sammy Watkins may or may not have a great rookie year, Robert Woods should have a bigger year in the slot. The Bills now have some really viable talent all around on offense. Lets just hope Bills OC Nate Hackett can put together a decent offensive scheme that can score, and win games.

Robert Woods should have the worst year of any of our receivers. The majority of receivers have a sophomore slump and don't get back to their rookie production until year 3.

OK, I thought you had picked the Bills for a WC playoff spot in another thread so at first thought you were being sarcastic. So you changed your mind? That's depressing :(

OK, I thought you had picked the Bills for a WC playoff spot in another thread so at first thought you were being sarcastic. So you changed your mind? That's depressing :(

didn't change my mind. In fact, the best I can tell you is wild card is just what we are. I can't remember the schedule off hand but if we get any type of momentum and can win a 5 game of 6 series and/or establish a streak it might carry us.

I can just as easily see us 3-13 as I can 9-7. I cannot easily imagine this being a double digit winning team. Not in year two of this operation. Anything 8-8 or better is good, but +/-1 game of .500 is easy to see.

didn't change my mind. In fact, the best I can tell you is wild card is just what we are. I can't remember the schedule off hand but if we get any type of momentum and can win a 5 game of 6 series and/or establish a streak it might carry us.

I can just as easily see us 3-13 as I can 9-7. I cannot easily imagine this being a double digit winning team. Not in year two of this operation. Anything 8-8 or better is good, but +/-1 game of .500 is easy to see.

I see... I'm not as focused on the schedule because there will be teams we think are good who won't be or we will manage to beat, and teams we think are bad who won't be or we manage to lose to. Just think this team is improved, and therefore will win more games this year than last. I have no prediction, but certainly don't see us going backwards. Hope I am right!

Julio Jones only played 13 games as a rookie. If you spread those numbers over another 3 games you are looking at 71 catches, 1180 yards & 9 TDs. That is more than I am expecting this season from Sammy. The numbers in my head 70 catches, 1029 yards and 8 TDs. I just Robert Woods' rookie year YPC to calculate and for some reason 70 catches has always felt like the number to me.

I do agree with your general premise though. I don't think that we should be expecting 100 catches for 1,600 yards and 12TDs. Ironically, he may have a ceiling like that someday with good QB play but not this year. There will be an adjustment period of some sorts. In Watkins case I think that it is extremely small comparatively but it exists nonetheless. In addition, the Bills have 2 other viable targets in Woods & Williams and a big play guy in Goodwin.

One more thing that I think we will see is a dip in Chandler's numbers. My guess is that Watkins and Woods will be used quite a bit on possession downs.

It's funny if you or watch other real NFL analysts, they predict the Bucs have the best chance to make the playoffs from a losing season. The Chiefs I think will not repeat 11-5, but they are not going 4-12. This guy does not know the NFL. To predict the Bills at 3-13 is ridiculous. If he wrote 7-9 to 9-7, I can live with that prediction, although I think we have a real chance at 10-6.

I hope they keep this article in the locker room as was said earlier all year.