To Shed Some Light on the whole New Stadium thing ...

Ronin

Ticket revenues are shared between home and visiting teams. Is there any rational reason why revenues from luxury boxes aren't shared as well? The ratio of the split might be different for luxury boxes, but 100%/0% isn't the only reasonable figure.

The reason is because the Arizona Cardinals didn't have suite revenue (or substantial enough) prior to their new stadium. It was argued that teams shouldn't have to share with them if they weren't going to be sharing with everyone else. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They didn't have nearly as much trouble selling out as they do today. Also, you didn't have benefactors buying tickets to save four games from being blacked out every season. They may have struggled from time to time, but not like they're doing now. We count only one non-sellout last season, but four were "rescued" and would have been blackouts if someone hadnt' stepped in to buy the remaining tix.

I don't understand what this had to do with my point. I was talking about how PSLs won't sell and how luxury suites have already struggled. Having a new stadium isn't going to change that. Fans don't go to see a stadium, they go to see their team.

No matter how you slice it Buffalo is hardly a great market by modern NFL standards. I agree that those standards suck, but they are what they are and it's a fact that the NFL revolves around money.

My point is that while Buffalo may not be the dream market of an NFL owner, it's good enough. In the current digs, you may be correct about PSL"s. That's where the retractable roof facility with lower seating capacity comes in. While fans do not go to " see" a stadium, it has an impact on their enjoyment. The potential for bitter cold or wet weather mixed with lowest common denominator drunk fans keeps many of your "target market" at home in the comfy confines of their living room with a 90 inch led HDTV. The current stadium does not fit the current NFL model of catering to the more affluent fan. There are plenty of those in the Bills area. You just have to go get them. The Bills do not currently do this, as they have nothing to sell them. So their current target is reached via the lowest average ticket price in the NFL. But potential owners and Goodell know that this has to change going forward. These fans are the Bills future here. The way to reach them is with a climate controlled facility surrounded by folks who are more like them. Fewer seats limits supply in secondary market and keeps prices higher. That is the new business model, and the new stadium is integral to it.

Oh, and the luxury suites are a different problem, stemming from the lack of large corporations headquartered in the area. Not sure how that will be resolved, but perhaps a less spartan luxury suite that a new facility can provide will help.

Mixed company, beer, and hot tubs....No possible bad outcomes in scenarios like this. :lol:

The reported $250 per ticket for that part of the stadium (pool and cabana access) should keep the majority of the duval county riff-raff out.

The reported $250 per ticket for that part of the stadium (pool and cabana access) should keep the majority of the duval county riff-raff out.

There's no way this is a good idea in today's litigation happy US and besides that there are plenty of "well-to do" riff-raff. Once the inebriation factor kicks in, all bets and good sense....out of the window.