Best Sammy Watkins Sports Article: Brent Axe At Syracuse.com

http://www.syracuse....t_river_default

Buffalo Bills have already won at the 2014 NFL Draft with the trade for Sammy Watkins

By Brent Axe | baxe@syracuse.com

Follow on Twitter

on May 09, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins had just returned to the visiting sideline at the Carrier Dome after finishing off a 91-yard touchdown, the second-longest play from scrimmage in Clemson football history, against Syracuse when a media colleague in the press box turned to me and asked "what do you think of that?"

"I'll tell you what I think," I responded in about as much time as it took to inhale the breath to form the words, "that guy would look good in a Buffalo Bills uniform."

That was back in October of 2013.

Be careful what you wish for kids, because you just might get it. Because it is May 9, 2014 and Sammy Watkins is a Buffalo Bill.

The Buffalo Bills did something Thursday night during the 2014 NFL Draft that was, frankly, something the Bills normally don't do in trading with the Cleveland Browns to acquire the fourth pick and draft Watkins.

They went for it.

"We went in to this draft saying we were going to be bold and we made a bold move," Bills CEO Russ Brandon said Thursday night.

In the (edited for a family website) words of Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding from the movie "The Shawshank Redemption:"

"Get busy livin' or get busy dying. That's darn right."

The Bills got busy livin' on Thursday after 14 years (and counting) spent busy dying without a birth in the playoffs.

"We thought it was a calculated risk and a risk we were willing to take," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said.

I appreciate the posting of the article.

Give the Bills a lot of credit for making this move. What they usually do is sit back on their heals and take the leftovers.

It's apparent from what I've read and heard from inside the Bills' war room that they would have drafted TE E. Ebron had they stayed at #9. So you're looking at the difference between what the two would offer.

I think Watkins will make everybody else better because he will commend the double teams and the opposing team's best cover guy.

The guy that has to be smiling from ear to ear is Manuel. Let's get him a solid RT in R2 and then I think we're looking at some significant improvements on offense.

http://www.syracuse....t_river_default

Buffalo Bills have already won at the 2014 NFL Draft with the trade for Sammy Watkins

By Brent Axe | baxe@syracuse.com

Follow on Twitter

on May 09, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins had just returned to the visiting sideline at the Carrier Dome after finishing off a 91-yard touchdown, the second-longest play from scrimmage in Clemson football history, against Syracuse when a media colleague in the press box turned to me and asked "what do you think of that?"

"I'll tell you what I think," I responded in about as much time as it took to inhale the breath to form the words, "that guy would look good in a Buffalo Bills uniform."

That was back in October of 2013.

Be careful what you wish for kids, because you just might get it. Because it is May 9, 2014 and Sammy Watkins is a Buffalo Bill.

The Buffalo Bills did something Thursday night during the 2014 NFL Draft that was, frankly, something the Bills normally don't do in trading with the Cleveland Browns to acquire the fourth pick and draft Watkins.

They went for it.

"We went in to this draft saying we were going to be bold and we made a bold move," Bills CEO Russ Brandon said Thursday night.

In the (edited for a family website) words of Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding from the movie "The Shawshank Redemption:"

"Get busy livin' or get busy dying. That's darn right."

The Bills got busy livin' on Thursday after 14 years (and counting) spent busy dying without a birth in the playoffs.

"We thought it was a calculated risk and a risk we were willing to take," Bills general manager Doug Whaley said.

Some more Shawshank wisdom. That movie is on all the time and I have to watch at least some part of it at each chance.

I hope you're used to the leftovers, because that's really what we're getting next year. EJ smiling - no doubt about that.

But what a grand meal this year. Top shelf .

And the better the meal the better the leftovers.

We are talking about food right ?

I hope you're used to the leftovers, because that's really what we're getting next year. EJ smiling - no doubt about that.

Thurman Thomas was our first pick in 1988 as a second-rounder. Was he a leftover?

Just for the entrée. If I have a choice of Stroganoff today and Tuna Casserole tomorrow vs Surf and Turf today and left over meatloaf tomorrow I go steak and lobster all day long. We been eating too much Stroganoff lately, men. Edited by Tenhigh