Randy Moss numbers were not all that

Pete

I cant beleive some clamor for Moss and others bash Eric Moulds

Moss in 2004 49 catches for 767 yards, 13 TDs

Moulds in 2004 88 catches for 1043 yards and 5 TDs

Moss also had the luxury of having Dante at QB who threw for over 4700 yards and 39 TDs

Moss also had the luxury of having Dante at QB who threw for over 4700 yards and 39 TDs

215847[/snapback]

Right on.......Moulds rules........and your point about the QB is well thought out and completely accurate :devil:

215847[/snapback]

Moss was out injured for a good number of games - six, as I dimly recall - and likely half-speed for as many more.

215847[/snapback]

But didn't Moss miss some games with an injury?

I think Moss was officially out for 5 games, and another game he played like 2 plays. And as tom said, he was gimpy for a bunch of others, and he still was in the top 3 for td catches.

215866[/snapback]

exactly and when he did come back he was still hurt but tried to take the pressure off the other wrs

I'd take moss.........although Im a EMO fan

how bout emo takes a great cut and we sign moss too lol :devil:

exactly and when he did come back he was still hurt but tried to take the pressure off the other wrs

I'd take moss.........although Im a EMO fan

how bout emo takes a great cut and we sign moss too lol  :devil:

215870[/snapback]

Wow, could you imagine Moulds, Evans, and Moss? Holy crap........even Bledsoe could probably do something with that group.

It's not about bashing Moulds, he's been a great player here.  But Moss is a once in a generation talent.  If the Bills had the chance to swap, they'd be crazy not to do it.

215861[/snapback]

I strongly disagree. Moss averages 82 catches a year for his career. Eric averages 78 catchs a year if you throw out his first two years. You might try and make the argument that Moss is more of a vertical threat. Their yards per catch are comprable though. Moss averages 15.9 yards a catch while Moulds averages 13.9 yards a catch. Moss catches lots more TDs then Eric but thats not all on Eric. Moss plays in a pass happy offense with a TD throwing machine at QB. Eric brings alot to the table which Moss does not. Moulds tougher. I remember watching Moss pull up on catchable ball against the Giants in the playoffs a few years back. Eric is a kickass blocker which Moss is not. Eric is much more physical. Eric is not a punkass headcase. I am not sure why people are so enamored with the !@#$ that is Randy Moss. I dont get it

I strongly disagree.  Moss averages 82 catches a year for his career.  Eric averages 78 catchs a year if you throw out his first two years.  You might try and make the argument that Moss is more of a vertical threat.  Their yards per catch are comprable though.  Moss averages 15.9 yards a catch while Moulds averages 13.9 yards a catch.  Moss catches lots more TDs then Eric but thats not all on Eric.  Moss plays in a pass happy offense with a TD throwing machine at QB.  Eric brings alot to the table which Moss does not.  Moulds tougher.  I remember watching Moss pull up on catchable ball against the Giants in the playoffs a few years back.  Eric is a kickass blocker which is not.  Eric is much more physical.  Eric is not a punkass headcase.  I am not sure why people are so enamored with the !@#$ that is Randy Moss.  I dont get it

215877[/snapback]

Mike Tice will flat out tell you, too, that their offense is literally designed around Moss.......we have never designed our offense in a similar manner around Eric.

I strongly disagree.  Moss averages 82 catches a year for his career.  Eric averages 78 catchs a year if you throw out his first two years.  You might try and make the argument that Moss is more of a vertical threat.  Their yards per catch are comprable though.  Moss averages 15.9 yards a catch while Moulds averages 13.9 yards a catch.  Moss catches lots more TDs then Eric but thats not all on Eric.  Moss plays in a pass happy offense with a TD throwing machine at QB.  Eric brings alot to the table which Moss does not.  Moulds tougher.  I remember watching Moss pull up on catchable ball against the Giants in the playoffs a few years back.  Eric is a kickass blocker which Moss is not.  Eric is much more physical.  Eric is not a punkass headcase.  I am not sure why people are so enamored with the !@#$ that is Randy Moss.  I dont get it

215877[/snapback]

I admit that Moss is a risk because he is a head case. But I think Dante is way overrated and Moss just makes him look good. How many of those TDs is it just a jump ball that Moss takes away from the other guy? I've always loved Moulds, but he is a second tier WR now and Moss is the most talented guy in the league.