Does anyone think DT is now a need?

I agree.

And Donald is a penetrator, has a great burst, doesn't take plays off, and has to be accounted for every down or he'll hurt you ... i.e. everything Dareus is not.

RB wouldn't be bad either, been saying for a while our RB game is over rated, and given Fred's age it's a ticking time bomb: Fred has some power but he's old and slow (getting older and slower), Spiller has speed but no power and can't stay healthy.

I'd rather sign a first round DT. Tell Dareus he is going to get extended, extend him, and then use the three of them on a kick ass rotation until Kyle Williams wheels fall off.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think DT is now a need?

No

They still have Branch who they extended in the offseason

I thought it was a need before dummass got arrested. Neither of our DT's are good against the run.

They still have Branch who IMO should be starting over Kyle

I see this arrest as a positive. He did not actually do much wrong, had a quasi-legal substance, yet will help us in the negotiations for a new contract when we are ready to extend past the 5th year.

Thanks to the cops for doing this important work, arresting pot-smokers! helps our negotiation and the only ones who paid for this arrest are the taxpayers of Alabama.

Good deal all around.

With the issues Dareus has and Kyle Williams' age and history of injury do we surprise everyone and take a DT early in the draft? I'm not saying 1st round(although I wouldn't mind Nix), but with the news on Darius so close to the draft and Kyle's injuries to both Achilles in recent years, DT might be on our radar. If the player we want isn't there at # 9, I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots to take DT Nix from ND. Any thoughts on DT now being a need?

DT is not a need because of the arrest...its not a big issue.

An argument can be made that we need a DT upgrade to someone who can stop the run, and that has nothing to do with this arrest. I don't want Donald at 9 because I feel like we have bigger needs and want to see what Schwartz does for our D this year, especially with Spikes in the fold to help with the run D. However, if we took Donald at #9 I wouldn't hate it, but would hope to trade MD for a pick or two in this draft right after. Im sure we could still get a 2nd rounder for him coming off a pro bowl season even with this off field issue.

I'd rather sign a first round DT. Tell Dareus he is going to get extended, extend him, and then use the three of them on a kick ass rotation until Kyle Williams wheels fall off.

Me too, no Rb is worth #9 overall.

Rd1 DT

Rd2/3 RB

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

A Donald is another 6'1'' 285 DT who will get manhandled by the Pats or Jets OLine. We need a true NT, preferrably the best one in the draft R2 or later.

Serious question. Why a nose when we are running a 43?Why not just trade down for Hangman if you dont like Donald. I personally see Warren Sapp style play. Mind you. He is ONLY 6'0-6'1 so after a nfl weight regiment he will be around 300. And he is low to the ground. I do not see any kind of rag doll tendencies. You may be right though. And im not dogging your opinion.

I thought it was a need before dummass got arrested. Neither of our DT's are good against the run.

+1000

I think the odds of Donald at 9 just went up

There's no way Donald gets to or gets by the 9th pick.

It may be now. The reason I say this is because we don't know yet if Dareus is one toke away from a season long suspension. The Bills already have that situation with Spikes, if I recall correctly, which is why they only signed him to a one year deal.

The reason the Bills gave up long yardage on cut backs over the middle was not all the fault of the D line. The line backers got to fill those gaps. Ours didn't . Spikes in the middle will help a lot.

Some truth to that