Ty Powell may surprise

Here's a nice Ty Powell factoid (from the article):

"In High School he won a state championship as a starting cornerback, so we know he has some coverage skills."

Powell was drafted by Seattle (2013 7th round) so you know he was well scouted by a team with a strong defense.

Edited by Dennis in AZ

Here's a nice Ty Powell factoid (from the article):

"In High School he won a state championship as a starting cornerback, so we know he has some coverage skills."

Powell was drafted by Seattle (2013 7th round) so you know he was well scouted by a team with a strong defense.

I completely agree. I trust Seattle's FO. Their 7th round pick from 3 yrs ago was a LB that was just named SB MVP.

if he can provide depth, and maybe push some people, that would be great. if he can become a "core special teamer", that would be fantastic.

Thanks Mr Crosssman :flirt:

I completely agree. I trust Seattle's FO. Their 7th round pick from 3 yrs ago was a LB that was just named SB MVP.

dumb luck. They have a lot of it over there in Washington , or Oregon or whatever. Edited by 3rdand12

dumb luck. They have a lot of it over there in Washington , or Oregon or whatever.

Dumb luck? I hope you're kidding. The Seahawks have drafted well and developed some very good players from late round draft picks.

Wasn't CB Richard Sherman a 5th round pick?

There are others as well.

Dumb luck? I hope you're kidding. The Seahawks have drafted well and developed some very good players from late round draft picks.

If they knew Sherman was going to be the best CB in football someday they wouldn't have waited until the 5th. Yes they draft well but some of it is variance and they are running hotter than the sun.

Well, any contribution from him will be a bonus.

And if he does develop into a regular contributor, it will be a great story, and the Bills will then be reconsidered smarter than the Seahawks, right?

We can hope. I see the Bills needing ROT, DE and LB as the top 3 picks. There are 2 LEFT offensive tackles, a QB (whoever somebody is in love with), a DE, a LB and two WR's that will be picked before #9. That is 7 players and leaves a very good LEFT offensive tackle, quarterbacks, the top linebackers, the top safeties the top cornerbacks , the top tight ends still on the board. Regardless of who is picked at #8, there is going to be players there who teams will be willing to move up for. The Bills trade down and get their top 3 needs filled from players selected in the lower first and in the second round. We will get the 3 down linebacker.

i have no idea who he is, so anything notable that he does will likely surprise me.

is he related to cozy powell?

Isnt that the drummer for Todd Rundgrens Utopia in 1979 ?

Yes . Mostly .

if he can provide depth, and maybe push some people, that would be great. if he can become a "core special teamer", that would be fantastic.

Can't ask for much more than this. Seattle had (3) 5th's and (4) 7th's last year. All the 5th's and 2 of the 7th's are still with the team, hope they let the wrong one get away.

He's not a good player because he is a 7th round pick who didn't make the best roster in the league as a rookie?

If he was good they would have kept him. Just like they kept that 7th round SB MVP.

"I trust Seattle's FO" and "this guy they cut is going to be good on our roster" are conflicting statements. Fundamentally conflicting.

Edited by FireChan

If he was good they would have kept him. Just like they kept that 7th round SB MVP.

"I trust Seattle's FO" and "this guy they cut is going to be good on our roster" are conflicting statements. Fundamentally conflicting.

Not sure anyone claimed "he is going to be good." Just not assuming that he is NOT going to be good simply because he did not make their roster. Trusting their FO referred to their college player evaluation, btw. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not sure anyone claimed "he is going to be good." Just not assuming that he is NOT going to be good simply because he did not make their roster. Trusting their FO referred to their college player evaluation, btw.

I don't know. It smacks of "We signed this guy that the Pats cut, I trust their FO" but he never sees the field. Hopefully I'm wrong

Every player signed by any NFL team, even the off-season fodder, are awesome athletes and football players. To make the jump from college into one of the 32 teams is a fantastic accomplishment and only really great players can do it.

Any one of these guys could be a pleasant surprise, any year.