Hypo: If Freddy goes 850 yds on 200 carries, scores 6-8 TDs in '14

Sorry, I'm not on the trade CJ wagon...

I think he is worth healthy contract, but as a fan, I don't want to see our team over extend...

resign CJ for less than $5M/year, sign Fred for a couple years, healthy bonus w/incentives...

draft RB this year and next, but not with a first round pick!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on board if "wants to" is replaced with "can".

In my observation very few nfl RBs have aged gracefully. Marcus Allen might be one of a small group. Others like a Kevin Faulk were niche role rb's extending their career.

Most often it seems, you see them fall off of a production cliff.

And even Faulk was 34(?) when he retired. Fred will be hitting free agency at 34 this year. Willis mcgahee was the second oldest back in the league at 32 last year. Behind that deangelo Williams at 31, Darren Sproles, Steven Jackson and frank gore were 30 as far as contributors go.... 34 will be a heck of a rare accomplishment even with a few light years (though spring in Europe then showing up to nfl camp in July doesn't sound tooooo light)

I think that a lot of people in this thread really identify with Fred (which is great - he's awesome) and it causes almost the same effect as an athlete that doesn't want to admit time is catching up to him.

Someone said he "may" see a drop off - the only maybe about it will be if he walks away first. Otherwise age catches every great athlete, it's just a matter of when, not if, sadly. All these great sports stories have an end... Or atleast a next chapter. I would hate to bet against Fred Jackson but at some point in the near future he's not going to be able to do it. Hopefully he's got 2014 left in him and he gets a playoff game with us. 2015 would be incredible but I'm not holding my breath (yet alone a multi year deal that would hit 35).

On the brightside, Tom Brady won't play for many more years either!

Edited by NoSaint

And even Faulk was 34(?) when he retired. Fred will be hitting free agency at 34 this year. Willis mcgahee was the second oldest back in the league at 32 last year. Behind that deangelo Williams at 31, Darren Sproles, Steven Jackson and frank gore were 30 as far as contributors go.... 34 will be a heck of a rare accomplishment even with a few light years (though spring in Europe then showing up to nfl camp in July doesn't sound tooooo light)

I think that a lot of people in this thread really identify with Fred (which is great - he's awesome) and it causes almost the same effect as an athlete that doesn't want to admit time is catching up to him.

Someone said he "may" see a drop off - the only maybe about it will be if he walks away first. Otherwise age catches every great athlete, it's just a matter of when, not if, sadly. All these great sports stories have an end... Or atleast a next chapter. I would hate to bet against Fred Jackson but at some point in the near future he's not going to be able to do it. Hopefully he's got 2014 left in him and he gets a playoff game with us. 2015 would be incredible but I'm not holding my breath (yet alone a multi year deal that would hit 35).

On the brightside, Tom Brady won't play for many more years either!

This.